Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Price check

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Price check
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a job we just finished, it's a total Wrap, even the roof was done, it was printed on Arlon's Conform type of vynil and of course laminated.

You can see some more photos in the portfolio section.

What is a job like this worth in your neck of the woods, I'll tell you what I got for it afterwards.

- [/IMG]

[ February 23, 2009, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Neil D. Butler ]

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still trying to get a handle on what to charge for a wrap. Haven't gotten one yet ... maybe because I price them too high. But they have to be a pain to do, and the materials are pretty pricey.

I'm curious to know what kind of numbers come in on this thread.

Thank for posting it Neil, and real nice job by the way.

~nettie

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would figure about $2600.00 using orcal and lamination. the tint show in a neighboring town would go bout $1000.00 and thats no lie

thats why I dont do wraps, although I like this one its not too goudy and its readable

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A bit more info.. we used up about a half a roll of Vynil and laminate, here the stuff costs about $500.00 A roll, so using my amazing math skills thats about $500.00 worth of materials, not including ink, add on about $150-$200 for that and again using my super brain that adds up to about $700.00.lol

Edited to add... "We did not do any design work on this, the files were sent on a dvd... but, man they were created HUGE, Each side was about a GIG, So we down sized them and output them at about 80 dpi at full size, they had them at about 600 dpi at full size, just to big to work with and pointless really.. also converted to rgb before we went to print.

[ February 23, 2009, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Neil D. Butler ]

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brad Farha
Visitor
Member # 931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad Farha   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Farha   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would go for about $2k here. That's why I don't mess with wraps.

--------------------
Brad Farha, owner
Farha Signs
Beckley, WV
304-252-3778

Posts: 981 | From: Beckley, WV | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

It's pretty amazing that people would do that for anything under 3 grand, that's what I Charged..any less and it would be pointless...The install alone took almost 3 days for 2 people. The roof took a few hours... there is virtually no wrinkles, it really is a quality install. Now we don't have a huge amount of experience in doing wraps so I tell my guys to take their time for now and speed will come in due time.

There was an additional charge to remove the old vinyl as well.

[ February 23, 2009, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Neil D. Butler ]

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Cody Reich
Resident

Member # 8052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cody Reich   Author's Homepage   Email Cody Reich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nicely done.

--------------------
Cody Reich
Columbia Signs

Posts: 300 | From: Vancouver, WA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawud Shaheed
Visitor
Member # 5719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawud Shaheed   Author's Homepage   Email Dawud Shaheed       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're absolutely right Neil, Anything under $3000 and it's pointless. Especially doing the roof. I've found that selling half wraps has been much more profitable for me.

--------------------
Dawud Shaheed
Sign Scientist
Durham (triangle area) N.C
919 685 7641
signscientist@aol.com
www.signscientist.com

Posts: 1158 | From: durham (triangle area) NC | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkers
Resident

Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkers   Author's Homepage   Email Checkers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya Neil,
Overall, your price sounds fair to me. Although, I've never "wrapped" the roof of a van (yet).
Including design, I typically ballpark about $3,500 for a van, not including the roof.
I probably would add an additional ~3 hours in labor and typically double my material costs.
A quick installer should be able to knock out a job like this in a day or 2 max. Taking my time, I would budget 3 full days and probably tackle it by myself - I don't consider myself very quick either [Smile]

Havin' fun,

Checkers

--------------------
a.k.a. Brian Born
www.CheckersCustom.com
Harrisburg, Pa
Work Smart, Play Hard

Posts: 3775 | From: Harrisburg, Pa. U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!