Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Price check

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Price check
Henry Edmonds
Visitor
Member # 2145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Edmonds   Email Henry Edmonds       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much would you all charge for this roughly. the entire wall has to be painted then some of the graphics paint some digital and some vinyl. Poured concrete wall. Size is 16'x26'. We have never done anything like this.
Here is a pic of what they want. This will be converted to english of course.

http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/2668974550104835273rylkNl

--------------------
We get you noticed
Henry Edmonds
X-treme Signs & Graphics
South Hill, VA
xtremesigns@yahoo.com

Posts: 142 | From: South Hill, Va. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Edmonds
Visitor
Member # 2145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Edmonds   Email Henry Edmonds       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone got any input on this?

--------------------
We get you noticed
Henry Edmonds
X-treme Signs & Graphics
South Hill, VA
xtremesigns@yahoo.com

Posts: 142 | From: South Hill, Va. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you have never done anything like this I might suggest you sub it out and "help" someone that has. It is too large and too much to be cutting teeth on

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a lot of work and much time needed to do a decent quote. Do you really want a bunch of half thought out prices from anonymous people for you to quote a serious job?

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawud Shaheed
Visitor
Member # 5719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawud Shaheed   Author's Homepage   Email Dawud Shaheed       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking. Whenever I quote something out of my league. I ALWAYS try to get a very good grasp of what it's going to cost me to produce it, then tack on how long I think it's going to take, then add enough money to cover it. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't win, but you always learn and get better prepared next time.

Personally, i'd rather overprice something like that and risk the possibility of losing the job than underprice and lose my shorts. As much as I like to learn, I'm in business to make profit,and when I'm not doing that, I'm learning.....the hard way.

--------------------
Dawud Shaheed
Sign Scientist
Durham (triangle area) N.C
919 685 7641
signscientist@aol.com
www.signscientist.com

Posts: 1158 | From: durham (triangle area) NC | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brad Farha
Visitor
Member # 931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad Farha   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Farha   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way too involved to throw a price at. From the looks of it, I expect it would take several hours to determine the materials & calculate a firm quote.

--------------------
Brad Farha, owner
Farha Signs
Beckley, WV
304-252-3778

Posts: 981 | From: Beckley, WV | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vinyl and digital prints on painted concrete?????

The whole thing is only going to last as long as the the digital parts anyway.

Suggest you digital print the whole thing on alloy 8x4 panels ..... 2 rows 6 and 1/2 long ie 13 8x4 prints.

Installing the panels is another whole ballgame!

Otherwise I wouldn't touch it as much under $10,000 mural.

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One MEEEELLION dollars.

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Henry,
I'd treat the job as three different ones, the paint, the vinyl and the digital.
Figure out the costs individually for each and add them together. I'm assuming there is a part of this you are unfamiliar with - perhaps the wall painting portion? If so you could isolate that portion and ask for suggestions on that part.
Although it will take some work to figure out a quote, I don't see it as that difficult a project. The painting portion looks to be pretty straightforward and simple. I'd maybe suggest using dibond panels for backgrounds for the mission, vision and other digital print areas. You may be able to sell that in that they are easier to change and replace. This looks to be the type of project that will require frequent updates or changes.
Good luck with it, do your homework and you shouldn't have any problem. I'm with Dawud with making sure you add a good buffer in there for unforseen problems.

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Edmonds
Visitor
Member # 2145

The thing that I am not familiar with is the painting but I can sub that out.. I have been doing some calculating and does $8500 sound right. Its one of those jobs if i get it fine if not fine too

--------------------
We get you noticed
Henry Edmonds
X-treme Signs & Graphics
South Hill, VA
xtremesigns@yahoo.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!