Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » UPDATE HNSC COMPANY CAR

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UPDATE HNSC COMPANY CAR
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took it "low flying" today to settle a mural deal an hour west from here. Had to be careful of speed and performance.... "Owner" was with me !

Made final deal on Mural and picked up 50% down payment. Cool.

On way home took some back roads (dirt), again not trying to scare Sue too much.

Stoped at a winery who owed me money for signage to pick up check, cheese platter lunch (excellent).

Gotta take photo of the view from dining verandah.

Camera is in car under back seat. So I go out to et it. Now to realise how,and why, this HNSC "event" happened you have to visulise this photo is taken from an angle.

I walked out square onto the two cars parked side by side and was looking side on! Only saw my new one!

Did not realise they was twins!

-

Clicked the remote to open rear door on right hand side twin ... audible click ... but door refused to open. Tried SEVERAL times unlocking and relocking doors with audible results but no entry!

Panic stations ... try other side Jon .

Triped over his tow bar and realised he had Victoria State Plates and mine next to it had "jon Signs" logo ... only difference!

[Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

Walked back into restaurant and enquired who owns the silver VTiS out there ... do you realise I have just wasted 10 minutes trying to unlock it!

Couldn't resist parking side by side mate ...... and we became mates [Wink]

PS Turns out his 2 years older in Honda Sport Technology with 35,000 klm on the clock and figures mine quicker ... he going to trade his in when he gets back to Melbourne!

[ February 15, 2009, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Jon Butterworth ]

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a commercial a couple years ago at the Super Bowl that showed a guy digging his car out from several feet of snow, chipping the ice off the windows, etc. Once he got the car clear, he clicked the lock opener on his key chain and the buried car in front of the one he excavated chirped and flashed its lights.

About twenty years ago, my wife and I were going to fly with a friend in his Beech Bonanza to a convention in Billings, Montana. We were to meet him at 9 AM in front of the FBO at the airport. We pulled up, loaded our gear into the Bonanza parked on the apron and waited... and waited... and waited... I decided to preflight the aircraft so that we could get going when Allan arrived. I did all that, topped the fluids, buttoned everything up and got back in the airplane. At 9:45, sitting there wondering what was holding up the never late Allan, I noticed the aircraft we were sitting in didn’t have tip tanks. We quickly exited and found our very steamed friend in his plane on the other side of the building.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5089 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sue and I "lost" our old Honda in a large mall up the North Coast in December.

Spent a hour walking up and down rows of cars waiting for a white CRV to "wink back" when I hit the remote lock key in 35c heat!

Finally gave up and went back into air conditioned mall for coffee, rest wary legs, and figure out what to do.

One of the "You are here" directory Boards by he coffee shop!

I am not a dumb ozzzie .. took me 5 minutes to figure out wrong Mall exit to wrong Carpark and how to get to other end of Mall!

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Moroney
Resident

Member # 9498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Moroney   Email Bob Moroney       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flew back into Boston late one evening, couldn't find my car in the garage. After an hour of looking I went to the office to report it stolen. State trooper drove me to the spot where my car was supposed to be. He told me the license plate on the "new" car was the same number as I was reporting stolen. Opps, my new car!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Bob Moroney
The Sign Guy
310 Club Valley Drive
Falmouth, MA 02536
508-259-6297

Posts: 216 | From: Falmouth, MA | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really think this thread should have been posted in the "Getting Older" thread!!!!

[Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

Joe,

Makin Chips and Havin Fun!

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamie Nicholson
Resident

Member # 6690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamie Nicholson   Email Jamie Nicholson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jon, Maybe let Sue drive [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Jamie Nicholson
Graphics 'n Signs by Trimline
Kenora, Ontario

Posts: 96 | From: Kenora, Ontario | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!