Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Business Card Printing Sources??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Business Card Printing Sources??
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always gotten my cards printed at 4Colorprints.com..... and have the SilkCards...which are a photo resolution, full-color card with a rich, silky feeling clear laminate over the top.

Decent cards.... but the color varies wildly from batch to batch depending (as they explain) on what other cards/colors are ganged up with mine during a print run.

They also run about %69 for 1,000.

I've read here, I believe, where other people get high rez, full color, nice cards from other sources for $30 and have been happy with the quality.

Where do you get your cards?

How much per 1k?

If you have the time, can you scan and post a card as an example?

Thanks for the references people.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was using ecolor until they sent some pink cards and this was a reorder. i called and she said red and pink were the same color and that it was my files fault....they would not reprint, I dumped their ass and Im sure they dont care.

NEXT!!!!!

I signed up on viaprintfirm and they will direct you to their wholesale site, cheaper than $30 per 1000 colors are great and no problems....yet.

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick Whatley
Resident

Member # 2008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick Whatley   Email Patrick Whatley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ignore Bruce.... www.ecolor.cc is great. I sent them three orders today. They don't do silk, however.

--------------------
Pat Whatley
Montgomery, AL
(334) 262-7446 office
(334) 324-8465 cell

Posts: 1306 | From: Wetumpka, AL USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Blair
Resident

Member # 951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Blair   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Blair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use overnightprints.com for my business cards and other printing. Heavyweight cards (15 pt) with high gloss uv both sides and full color prints. I just placed an order yesterday and 500 was $39.95 plus shipping. GRprint.com is another that has good pricing and many paper choices.

--------------------
Dana Blair
Blair Signs
Wooster, OH
www.blairsigns.com

If sign makers go on strike, is there anything written on their picket signs?

Posts: 835 | From: Wooster, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do Photoshop/Photographic images print on either of the sites you guys recommend?

Thanks.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We use PostcardPress.com.

They are not the cheapest, but they do excellent work. Never had a problem and they ship quick. We have an order for 2,000 fold over cards being shipped now - should get them Monday.

1000 full color front with black and white back cost me about $88 including shipping. The design is done in Photoshop and then emailed as a .tif.

[ January 16, 2009, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Raymond Chapman ]

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
perfect so far on mine. Colors are outstanding.

and yes i did like E color until that, mr whatley....like you have never dumped a business card printer before, your time is coming! SILENCE!

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Todd, I'm using 4over.com.

1000 full color 16pt stock with UV coat - $24 (includes shipping).

They also offer 1000 100LB Cover Uncoated Linen Business Cards for the same price.

The price is the same whether its 4:0, 4:1 or 4:4.

-

[ January 16, 2009, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: Glenn Taylor ]

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10691 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Beach
Visitor
Member # 9850

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Beach   Email Dan Beach       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use http://gotprint.net/g/welcome.do

1,000 cards, 14 pt gloss w/ UV protection both sides, $15.55 + around $10 shipping.

They aren't the fastest, but I have been happy with the quality.

--------------------
Dan Beach
Cylinder 9 Designs
1650 Glassboro Rd
Sewell, NJ 08080

Posts: 625 | From: South Jersey | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Todd,

GRprint.com is flat out sweet.

1k silk full color cards are $37 but 1k 14pt UV non-silk cards are $15 whether 4/0 or 4/4 color. 15pt stock bumps the price to $21, it's a nice thick card.

Photographic images print up just like any other photos with smooth color transitions, no dither/dots or line screen patterns at all if that's what you're worried about.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buren Harrelson
Visitor
Member # 9381

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buren Harrelson   Email Buren Harrelson       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We use vista print & have for over a year with great results. Color is spot on evrytime with repeat orders & I can 2,000 gloss card for $50 plus tax & that is full color. I order alot from there & have had one time cards was wrong & they over night the new batch that were corrected.

--------------------
Buren Harrelson
Vinyl Ink
Whiteville,NC

Posts: 162 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nevman
Resident

Member # 332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nevman   Email Nevman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use GotPrint too.

Like Dan said, not the fastest, but quality and economical.

--------------------
Pat Neve, Jr.
321-537-8675
Capt. Sign

http://www.twitter.com/Pat_Signman

http://www.facebook.com/PatNeve

Posts: 2284 | From: Melbourne, FL, USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also use www.gotprint.com. Have been for a couple years now. Price is great on all their printing, and they have now added another location in ohio, so us east coasters get our stuff quicker. I got in printed menus today, that shipped yesterday. Colors are always spot on and quality is great.

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Thanks people! I'll check these sites all out....

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Tony Ray Mattingly
Resident

Member # 469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Ray Mattingly   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Ray Mattingly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Buren Harrelson:
We use vista print & have for over a year with great results. Color is spot on evrytime with repeat orders & I can 2,000 gloss card for $50 plus tax & that is full color. I order alot from there & have had one time cards was wrong & they over night the new batch that were corrected.

Yes, I use Vista print too. I am very satisfied with their work and prices.

--------------------
Tony Mattingly
www.signgrafix.com
www.nostalgic-signworks.com
Louisville Ky
tony@signgrafix.com

Posts: 301 | From: Louisville Ky. USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://3dsignco.interfirm.com/g/welcome.do

Through Gotprint.com

[ January 16, 2009, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: William DeBekker ]

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!