Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » do you believe in Ghosts?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: do you believe in Ghosts?
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After seeing this video, I may have changed mind.

http://www.wimp.com/justlook/

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spilled my tea on that sucker!

Jack

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Faulkner
Visitor
Member # 2511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephen Faulkner   Author's Homepage   Email Stephen Faulkner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
liked this is better!

http://www.wimp.com/coolbike/

Posts: 724 | From: Florissant, CO | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Stanley
Visitor
Member # 6786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Stanley   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Stanley       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dam near S__t. I was fiddling with the volume, as there was no sound then, you got me.

--------------------
Dana Stanley
Mass.
(508) 234-8193
http://stanleyphotographer.com

Posts: 805 | From: Whitinsville,Mass USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Vickio
Resident

Member # 2265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Vickio   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Vickio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That made jump! I am a sucker for those things!!

Got looking around and found this on that site!!

Sand Art

--------------------
Tony Vickio
The World Famous Vickio Signs
3364 Rt.329
Watkins Glen, NY 14891
t30v@vickiosigns.com
607-535-6241
http://www.vickiosigns.com

Posts: 1063 | From: Watkins Glen, New York | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bad Tow...

http://www.wimp.com/badtow/

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe in Ghosts or "something" sometimes that I could not explain!

One was back in 60s before I had a workshop, just working out of the van.

Signs for a "Historical Village" in New Zealand, based around an old 2 storey homestead on the property.

Gave me the old empty master bedroom to work in. Cool! YEAH ... COOL!!!!!! Mid summer and the room was like an ice box for some reason all day!

Swear I heard footsteps in the corridoor at times but nobody there! Number of times I felt somebody looking over my shoulder while I was working. Never saw anything but there was a deffinite "presence"

Told the Caretaker of the Museum about it when I was leaving .... he just smiled and said:

"She" was the mistress of the house back 1800s and was probably just checking your work!

Freaky!

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Stanley
Visitor
Member # 6786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Stanley   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Stanley       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hay Joe do you think its worth the $20.000 they must spend on those hydraulic bollards. Do that many people run toll gates?

--------------------
Dana Stanley
Mass.
(508) 234-8193
http://stanleyphotographer.com

Posts: 805 | From: Whitinsville,Mass USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dana,

Maybe they are just tired of replacing those expensive pine gates!

[Rolling On The Floor]

Joe,

Makin Chips and Havin Fun!

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry Hargraves
Resident

Member # 6837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerry Hargraves   Author's Homepage   Email Kerry Hargraves       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had "spooks" in a house in San Diego. We first encountered them while installing a ceiling fan. My husband working in the attic finally had to holler at them to back off as they were all crowded around looking over his shoulders.

The tenant would tell us about them doing the same thing to her. She'd be reading on the couch and pretty soon would feel like she was in the middle of a crowd. A quick "Get away" shout and they would scatter for awhile.

Currently we have cat ghosts. Even guests will mention the cat that just walked through the room. At least they don't eat much or need a litter box.

--------------------
Kerry H
Kerry's Signs
Vallejo, CA

Posts: 160 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kerry, could you see them or just feel them there?

Freaky. Cats too?!? Is any noise made?

Obviously a subject that has always facinated me. I didn't watch those videos. Is it a joke where a fake goul suddenly screams in your face kinda thing? Don't like those... [Smile]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK here's another one that my mother told me!

In India around about 1946 there was many, many cocktail parties among the British "rulers". Governer's Residence was popular "water hole" every week!

More than once, a well groomed, very handsome young man in an Officer's Uniform used to mingle politely with the crowd chatting to the ladies. Nobody ever seemed to ever remember seeing him arrive or leave.

My mother's friend, who was single at the time, was smitten by his charm and became determined to find out who he was.

Then she noticed on the wall a photograph of him with a plaque underneath commending his valour and death in battle!

That's freaky!

[ January 08, 2009, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: Jon Butterworth ]

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawud Shaheed
Visitor
Member # 5719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawud Shaheed   Author's Homepage   Email Dawud Shaheed       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't believe in ghosts..per se.

As in ghosts that were once people, died and became "spirits".
I do however believe in unseen beings that are not human that live amongst us. I also believe in demons and angels (not to turn this religious)
I'm very interested in the "unseen" aspects of the world we live in. It's a very intriguing topic, especially with "hauntings" that happen to people. I think most people believe in some sort of unseen beings whether it be ghosts or jinn or angels. People everywhere experience paranormal activity.

--------------------
Dawud Shaheed
Sign Scientist
Durham (triangle area) N.C
919 685 7641
signscientist@aol.com
www.signscientist.com

Posts: 1158 | From: durham (triangle area) NC | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darcy Baker
Visitor
Member # 8262

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darcy Baker   Email Darcy Baker       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Years ago I lived in Danny Kayes old two story house in Del Mar which was built in the 1800's.It had a spirit.I could hear footsteps following me up the stairs on occasions. One rainy night it really freaked my cat out as it followed something around the room and then the cat jumped as if to get out of it's way with fur standing on end.

--------------------
Darcy Baker
Darcy's Signs
Eureka Springs. AR.

Posts: 1169 | From: Eureka Springs, AR | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a good friend who is a Mortician, he's been at it all his life as this is a family business... I remember lettering up his van in the basement of the Funeral home many years ago... it was late at night and I was using Casket trolleys as a work table, He had to leave for a little while.. and after a few minutes it occurred to me... here I am 12 oclock at night by myself in a Funeral home with out another living person there... stuff that Nightmares are made of.. It kind of spooked me for a little while.

But when he came back we talked about it for a while, even though he's prepared, waked and Buried thousands of people over the years he's yet to see a ghost, spirit, anything even close to it. He's had no strange happenings, no noises, doors opening, drawers slamming, nothing. Now I ask you... if there was any chance of anyone seeing a ghost or whatever, don't you think an undertaker would be one of the first to experience it?

BOO!

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony Ray Mattingly
Resident

Member # 469

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Ray Mattingly   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Ray Mattingly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.wimp.com/signfun/

--------------------
Tony Mattingly
www.signgrafix.com
www.nostalgic-signworks.com
Louisville Ky
tony@signgrafix.com

Posts: 301 | From: Louisville Ky. USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do not believe that people can come back & talk to you. Jesus said they can't, as in the story of the rich man & Lazarus that he told.

I believe that the ghosts people see are actually what the bible calls "familiar spirits". Just as angels are around us & see everything we do, so do these spirits, & when people die, they like to take on the characteristics of them to fool their loved ones into thinking they can talk to them. Obviously, they know more things about our dead loved ones than we do, what they have said or done in private, etc. The bible calls talking to dead people necromancy, & it is forbidden.

The reason for this I believe is to take us away from the real truth, to lead us astray.

Please, everyone, do not get upset with what I have just said, this is what I have come to believe after years of searching, & YES, I HAVE been around "ghostly things". I have seen & heard them, they do exist, but I do not think they are what they APPEAR to be.

After reading many books on spiritism & such to find the truth, I was told to try the bible, that it spoke extensively on these things, so I did. It tells you to TEST THE SPIRITS TO SEE IF THEY ARE OF GOD.

I find it a very fascinating & even historical read!

That is my opinion, it is hard to talk about obviously spiritual things without it being "religious", so please don't fight, just say your opinion!

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry Hargraves
Resident

Member # 6837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerry Hargraves   Author's Homepage   Email Kerry Hargraves       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donna:
We don't hear the cat spooks. It is more like seeing something in your peripheral vision. You are aware of the cat sitting in the middle of the room but when you turn to look directly there's nothing there. Or you "feel" the cat walk by the chair and notice that the tail has just passed beyond your line of sight.

It's not scary at all. I rather like them.

--------------------
Kerry H
Kerry's Signs
Vallejo, CA

Posts: 160 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think my shop has a ghost. I'll be working in the office and I'll here a crash in the production part of the shop. I mean loud! I'll go in there, nothing on the floor, nothing out of place. Many other noises too. Always when I'm alone. My employee has heard the same, but only when she is alone in the shop. Weird.

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5397 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Staffan
Resident

Member # 4552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam Staffan   Email Sam Staffan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mr. Shirby, Get some DeCon that will get rid of your ghost. [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Sam Staffan
Mackinaw Art & Sign
721 S. Nokomis St. Mackinaw City, MI
dstaffan@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1694 | From: Mackinaw City, MI | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawud Shaheed
Visitor
Member # 5719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawud Shaheed   Author's Homepage   Email Dawud Shaheed       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neil,Bobbie..

Bobbie, what you said Is pretty much what I believe about these "ghosts" and that they're in fact not ghosts at all or "dead people's spirits".
I've done a fair amount of research on this subject from the angle of a few different cultures and I've come to the conclusion that there are angels who are not these dainty little cute winged women, but are actually massive in stature and extremely powerful. Then there are these " familiar spirits" that Bobbie spoke of. In some cultures they are referred to as Jinn. These beings not human, they are for the most part harmless but some amongst them who choose a path of satan do his work and we know them as "demons" I think there are even demons among men who do satans work, they have the bodies of men, but the hearts of devils. Unfortunately, recent popular american culture has chosen to ignore this phenomenon and knowledge of it and how to protect yourself from the whisperings and afflictions of these devils so people are being affected by the ways of devils more than they are aware of.
These are my beliefs and as always, we're not here to argue, just throwing thoughts out there about this. It's interesting stuff to me.

--------------------
Dawud Shaheed
Sign Scientist
Durham (triangle area) N.C
919 685 7641
signscientist@aol.com
www.signscientist.com

Posts: 1158 | From: durham (triangle area) NC | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!