Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Letterheads Songs -query

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Letterheads Songs -query
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Steve & Barb were out here in 2006, they played some Letterheads songs.

One I particularly liked was "Old Sign Standing by the Side of the Road", or if that wasn't the name, then it was a line in the chorus.

Does anyone here know who wrote it, who sang it (sounded like Willie Nelson) and where I could get the chords to it?

Our two youngest girls do a bit of country music singing, and reckon it would be a good one for them to learn!

Thanks!

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
could it have been part of that Joe Rees/Dave Draper project?

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nancy & Noella know; they are the official clearinghouse for all songs Letterhead.

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ian...was it the Songpainters CD

here is a link to check it out with some sound clips included.

http://www.letterville.com/songpainters/

[ October 25, 2008, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Barb. Shortreed ]

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2375 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES!
Thanks Barb- it's "Old Sign"

who wrote it, do you know?

I'd still love to be able to get the chord charts for it.

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd check with Dave Draper, Dave grinley or Joe Rees. It would be one of them.

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ian...it was Dave Grinley

here are the list of who wrote what...

Kept On Trying...Joe Rees
Old Sign.........Dave Grinley
Keepers Of the Craft...Dave Draper
Sweep The Shop...Joe Rees
152 Blues.......Joe Rees
Writing On The Wall...Joe Rees
Going To A Letterhead Meet...Dave Draper
Sable Swing....Joe Rees
Where Have All The Waldogs Gone...Dave Draper
Three Below...Dave Grinley
Lay The Quill Softly...Joe Rees
Letterville Rocks Me...Joe Rees

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2375 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Thanks, Barb (& Doug)- Dave Grinley doesn't come up on a search of members when I do it...is he contactable easily some way or another?

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Hi Ian...the name is Dave Ginley here is a link to his info...http://www.letterville.com/mdb.cgi?Shop=20562

Looks like the name was typed wrong on the cover but not on the cd label.

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Joe Rees
Visitor
Member # 211

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Rees   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Rees   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ian, I never met Dave Ginley but I agree those are some of my favorites from SongPainter. He's got a certain presence...

It was a fun project which ended up being a hot potato when nobody seemed to want the responsibility of holding the original tracks and having to burn copies as needed to raise money for Letterville. Since there was never any funding to professionally press a batch of CDs with proper labels and cases, the files eventually got passed to me for safe keeping.

It was hard to see the project wither away, but that's the music game I guess. Cool to see someone asking about it again. If anyone wants to take the baton I would gladly mail them the master disk (with Barb's blessing).

--------------------
Joe Rees
Cape Craft Signs
(Cape Cod, MA)
http://www.capecraft.com
e-mail: joe@capecraft.com

SONGPAINTER Original Sign Music by Sign People NOW AVAILABLE on CD and the proceeds go to Letterville's favorite charity!
Click Here for Sound Clips!

Posts: 1974 | From: Orleans, MA, Cape Cod, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Hi Joe...sure send the master disk to us and we'll see if we can get some interest in the CD
going again. Thanks

Barb & Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, ONT N1M 1G9

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Dave Ginley
Visitor
Member # 1723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Ginley   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Ginley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Folks...Barb called me this morning and told me Ian was interested in the song. Thank you for the compliments...Ian & Joe, I sent you an email Ian.
I haven't been on the board for quite some time now. Supply kind of over ran demand in my area for sign work so I've gotten into national installation work the last few years. I install neon accents in Target stores, I've done accent lighting on several restaurants, and I install exterior electric LED/Neon signage for a major food store chain, along with Staples, Mattress Warehouse, Advance Auto Parts, and the list goes on. Business is good. Lately I've been removing Starbucks signage on the locations there're closing.
I hope everyone is doing well....

Dave Ginley

--------------------
Dave Ginley
Ace of Signs
Selinsgrove, Pa.
www.aceofsigns.com

Posts: 172 | From: Selinsgrove, Pa., USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Thank you very much for the reply, Dave- I was searching for your name with an "R" in it, i.e. Grinley, which now explains why my searches delved nothing.

(If your name was Dave-willie nelson-Ginley, I'd have found it!)

To others reading this: it's a terriffic song- please line up to buy the CD from Steve & Barb!

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!