Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Another dam storm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another dam storm
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Batton down the hatches boys.. Theres another one coming.
Just talked with a Sheriffs office corporal and they are announcing mandatory evacs and will start the contra flow at 4:00 AM. Every thing swill flow north an both sides of the interstates.

Good luck Gulf Coast...

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katrina's big brother coming to town. There's no maybes here.

I hope and pray that everyone...EVERYONE...heeds the warnings and get's out of Gustav's way.

If any of you Letterheads need a place stay and have a way here...the door's always open.
Rapid

[ August 30, 2008, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Ray Rheaume ]

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is so disturbing. My heart and my prayers go out to those in danger.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmmm, I wonder if this year people will be leaving? no climbing on rooftops and shooting helicopters. No blaming the government for the last one that hit. I did hear some dude on cnn say this was mandatory evacuation AND the help that was given last time will NOT be given this time.

that incident when katrina hit was one the most disgusting displays of americans besides the rodney king incident i had ever seen. this is what happens when you "support" this is what happens when the government pays your way thru life you dont know how to defend yourself.

I do hope this time is different

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lee McKee
Visitor
Member # 3533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lee McKee   Email Lee McKee       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lost everything I owned in Katrina... I saw families torn apart and whole towns flattened... I'm not on welfare and I surly know how to defend myself, Pal.
Before Katrina I (and MANY others) had NEVER left because of a storm, Hell they come two or three times a year to Waveland Ms.
If you don't know what your talking about its best you don't Comment.

[ August 31, 2008, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: Lee McKee ]

--------------------
Lee McKee
McKee Studios
Birmingham, Al
Planet Earth (sometimes)

Posts: 277 | From: Birmingham, Al | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a terrible thing to have to go through once let alone twice. I suspect that Katrina put the fear of the storm into a lot of people who couldn't fanthom the potential of the hurricane before.
I hope the devestation this go round is no where near as extreme. Good luck to all who are in dangers way.

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curtis...

Yes , I too hope folks who can, will get out of the way of this one...hopefully it won't be as bad as 3 years ago for our Delta friends and surrounding areas.

For those who are in the path, stay strong, and remember that there are people on this board who are willing to help with food, lodging, whatever it takes to get you through all this. Copy some phone #s and emails and keep them with you. And don't be shy about calling either. Some of us actually like helping others.

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
that incident when katrina hit was one the most disgusting displays of americans besides the rodney king incident i had ever seen. this is what happens when you "support" this is what happens when the government pays your way thru life you dont know how to defend yourself.
All I wished to do with this post was let those brothers and sisters know their welfare is a concern. So lets keep this on a positive note..

Sorry you were fed a sensationalized line of junk from our new networks. But I was there in the middle of it and personally witnessed the true spirit of the American way. The eye of Katrina went right over my house.. I know for a fact that every one every where was working together to make everything come together.

I was there when the relief truck were finally able to get through the thousands of felled 90 foot tall trees criss crossing the streets like pickup sticks. I was also there when CNN made a report which was later aired and completely turned into a line of fantasy that we barely recognized.

Was there some bad stuff? yes there was but what you saw was perpetrated by a very small minority of the nearly 1 million persons who had to make do with nothing. All of that negative was blown into a world wide lie by a few looking to make ratings.

I was there when it was reported that it took days for food and water to get to the super dome. When in fact the national guard marched through chest deep contaminated water to deliver survival goods the very first day.

So please, any one who still thinks all those bad stories were true.. Please check the real facts first. I am sure you will be surely amazed.

For our brothers and sisters down there...
We are watching and waiting to give another hand if any one needs it.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee unless I saw you on CNN screaming at the camera about "WHERE IS OUR HELP" then Im not referring to you. Ulless you were one shooting at the choppers Im still not referring to you. and I noticed your not on welfare...Well then i wasnt referring to you.

so lets start over again again shall we, read my post and think real hard if that post is actually talking about you. i dont think so.

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bryan Quebodeaux
Visitor
Member # 48

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bryan Quebodeaux   Author's Homepage   Email Bryan Quebodeaux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we secured everything and now its the calm before the storm literally. We are hoping and praying for the best. We'll report in as soon as power comes back. Thanks all for the well wishes!

--------------------
Edge-LE & FX ,VersaCamm SP-540, Epson 9600, Envision 375, Sabre 408, OmegaCP 2.02, Adobe CS2,

Bryan Quebodeaux
DeSign Works
Church Point, LA
337-684-6058
bryanq@designworks1.com
www.designworks1.com
http://www.myspace.com/design_works

Posts: 167 | From: Church Point, La. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lee McKee
Visitor
Member # 3533

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lee McKee   Email Lee McKee       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless I am mistaken Bruce, you were talikng about those who lost quite a bit in Katrina. I am one of those people...
Just because you see stuff on CNN, That does not make it news-worthy or true. People riot, loot, and steal everyday and you don't see it on the news unless there is nothing else to report.
This is no different...
You didn't see me on TV because it took a SOLID two weeks before FEMA even stepped foot in Waveland. By then they were already back to the War in Iraq on the nightly news.
Bruce...I'm sure you have heard this before, but, don't be so negative about everything buddy, When Duncan and others say things like "Our hearts go out to those in danger."
Why be such a douche bag??
My Mother and Father are still down there as well as many letterheads and friends. Who cares about what you saw on CNN? Just say something encouraging... offer up your home to those in need, prepare to send down warm blankets or bottled water in the next few days. Do Something Positve Pal! You will feel better about yourself for it.

After Katrina, Jennifer and our children moved into a small Apartment here in Birmingham Alabama. We don't have much room but, ANYONE is more than welcome to sleep on our couch if needed. Or if you are in Birmingham and just need somone to talk with or to show you the cheap places to eat give us a call! (That means YOU Kathy Joiner)

--------------------
Lee McKee
McKee Studios
Birmingham, Al
Planet Earth (sometimes)

Posts: 277 | From: Birmingham, Al | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Fair Signs
Visitor
Member # 289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Fair Signs   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Fair Signs       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope the best for people in the storm's path.

And Bruce you would be best to keep that big mouth shut!

--------------------
Mark Fair Signs
2162 Mt. Meigs Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36107

Posts: 5702 | From: Montgomery, Alabama | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pray that you guys get thru this OK - anybody heading towards Atlanta is more than welcome to stay here.

And I think we need to stop berating Bruce - he's just calling it the way he sees it. Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to see when your head is buried completely up your ass.......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Culbertson
Visitor
Member # 7560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan Culbertson   Author's Homepage   Email Ryan Culbertson       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the thing. Bruce's comments may have some validity. I am sure many of us saw those images on Katrina and were appalled at the behavior of some people in New Orleans. However there were hundreds of thousands of affected people who were not shooting each other or at the helicopters trying to rescue them.

Bruce, if you want to discuss your political views on Katrina, start a new post. This post was started to express concern for the people on the brink of the current storm.

Back to Curtis's topic...

If anyone makes it to South Carolina you are welcome at my place!

[ September 01, 2008, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Ryan Culbertson ]

--------------------
Ryan Culbertson
The Sign Shop at Quick Copies
Greenwood, SC

Rock and Roll means well, but it can’t help tellin’ young boys lies.
Mike Cooley - Drive By Truckers

Posts: 453 | From: Greenwood, South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WELL...its 2:10 pm, and all i can say is, if ya belive in god, nows the time to say THANKYA!!!
was a little more then a rain storm, but with some damage, and seein the news it was MINIMAL. that the good thing.......now ya got HANNA headin for the east coast of fla................

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is Steve trying to look like Barb. Let me remind you all about the rules of Letterville and all things political.

This is a Worldwide Forum devoted to letterheads. From time to time we find ourselves smack dab in the middle of trouble. It's only natural to be concerned about each others welfare and use whatever mean we can to see how each other are doing.

Please feel welcome to use Letterville anyway you need to keep track of those you care about. We're well aware of a few who love to compare Letterville to The Jerry Springer Show. Take note of the name of those that partake in this sort of crap and you'll soon see it's a very small minority of the same names.

Someone should start a website where Letterheads that love to bash the hell of each other can all hang out together. Insult rooms have become very popular in many of the online chat programs. Some people just love to tear down others. A Letterherhead Insult Room just might work. [Smile]

[ September 01, 2008, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Barb. Shortreed ]

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2376 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said Steve. [Applause] [Applause]

BUT I can't help myself.... [Razz] [Razz]

Always suspected that you were a closet crossdresser!!! [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

I hope you buy Barb a complete new wardrobe after you are finished stretching all her clothes and a new batch of cosmetics too!! (musta used up about 10 pounds of makeup to make you look as good as Barb?? [Wink] [Wink] )

Probably going to be going to my brother's place this month sometime, I'll give ya a call. Maybe we can get together for a couple of hours?

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nikki Goral
Resident

Member # 7844

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nikki Goral   Author's Homepage   Email Nikki Goral       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I did watch the Katrina news for as long as it was on TV...mostly FOX. And I saw (of course) the sensationalized "news". Honestly, if you can't figure out that the networks actually "DO" that (they are in business too, you know,) I don't know what to say.

However...one of my best friend's husband is a sergeant in the National Guard, which is his full time job (he is a mechanic for Huey copters and a S&R flight instructor.) They went IMMEDIATELY to assist.

Yes, there was rioting & looting and there were orders to shoot, after a first warning for anyone out after curfew. Don't ask me if they did or not, but you can get my drift.

They brought back 25 memory cards full (25 GIGs) of photos they took while there and unbelievable stories. ( i helped organize and get the materials printed for a memorial fund raiser.)

Bodies laying in the streets where the water had gone down. Bodies floating in the water. Orders to leave people who would not desert their pets. Repelling down into sewage to save small children whose parents were swept away; too little to say their names. Cemeteries with floating coffins, major highways that turned in huge lakes in a few hundred feet.

I had friends that were there on their honeymoon. TOLD to stay in their hotel until it was too late to evacuate. Water was in the hotel up to the 2nd floor. They were trapped. 70 people stuck in 2 hotel rooms on the 4th floor. They tried to get out on a tree limb out the 2nd story. My friend's wife fell and cut her foot badly. She walked through waist deep sewage with a huge gash on her foot to get somewhere where help could get them out. After walking for several blocks a tank bore down on them and told them to put their hands up or they would be shot. They explained their situation and the others at the hotel. They were then triaged for the foot injury and the rescue teams went to the hotel to rescue the balance. When asked why management told them to stay at the hotel, the answer was that they felt everyone was "overreacting" and they would be just fine inside.

My Great Aunt Helen, 88 years old, lost everything. She live(d) 40 miles north of NO. We couldn't get in touch with her for a few days. She said that her home flooded and the few things she could carry went with her to the Red Cross Shelter. They razed her home because of the damage.

So even though I might be a northerner, the Hurricane still directly affected me in plenty of different ways.

We were watching last nite and today to see where Gustav was going. Thankfully it lessened to a CAT2.

Thinking about all those in the damage path.

Jon Jantz may be rethinking his move to Florida!

Please let us know if there is anything you need and check in to let us know you are safe.

--------------------
Nikki Goral
Image Advantage Signs
4050 Champeau Road
New Franken, WI 54229
920-465-4500
"Finish every day and be done with it. Tomorrow is a new day."-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 928 | From: New Franken, WI (East Green Bay) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We got thru the storm OK yesterday; some good showers and 40 or so mph winds. Now, today, we got more rain, wind and tornado warnings going off every half hour. I hate those damn things. This stupid storm is doubling back to the northeast, so we're still in the danger area!!Crappo!!!!

At least, so far, this thing hasn't been as bad as Katrina. We had some serious damage from that. Not much this time. Thank you GOD!!!!

And, Nikki, it doesn't matter where along the coast you move to, from Brownsville, TX to Key West, FL. You are going to be susceptible to tropical storms. It goes with the territory. Jon can get 'em in Alabama, just as easily as Florida. When we lived in Fla, we were 5 miles from the ocean, as the crow flies. Never had a hurricane do us any harm. We moved here, 125 miles from the coast, thinking we were safe....and get hammered by Katrina......10,000+ in damage.

I just hope and pray for those around Baton Rouge area. They got hammered way worse than New Orleans.

Oh, and Steve, the facelift.....not working....

[ September 02, 2008, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Dale Feicke ]

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santo
Visitor
Member # 411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santo   Email Santo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curtis is demonstrating something that most people have missed. It doesn't matter where you live or how far your loved ones are located from, you are affected by these storms.
Baton Rouge was hit with a pretty good lick, but south and east of BR in the bayou country, they are really hurting.

CNN reports that the storm came ashore in remote marshland, but there are several large communities that sustained water and wind damage. You can question about the wisdom of rebuilding in these areas and dwell there long enough to miss the real story.

The storm dealt another major blow to the coastal marshland that used to protect Louisiana from storms from the Gulf. The marsh that makes up one of the most productive seafood estuaries on the planet. No enviromentalist has mentioned this except as a afterthought. No elected official uses the power of their office to bring these facts to the forefront. The porkbarrel leglation gets loaded with pet projects that funnel wetlands restoration money to rich farmers(corporations now own our farmlands) to build personal duck ponds on their land while our coastlines continue to be lost.
Our Seafood industry suffers even while you watch the "Deadliest Catch" on Discovery. While you marvel at the money they made in a short time, the program downplays that this is a dying profession. It's time is limited and the people working at it die at an alarming rate.

Most of the comments, I have read here tend to be very localized in their their thinking, they stress environment concerns that they can see. It's not that some of their points are not valid, but they just don't see the entire picture and they would have legislation from a vista that is is very small.

web page

Edit due to finger glitches.

[ September 02, 2008, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Santo ]

--------------------
Santo Brocato
Promotion Graphics & Letters
Spring, TX

Posts: 2501 | From: Spring, TX USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Santo, what web page are you trying to link to?

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

http://sg1.allmusic.com/cg/smp.dll?link=w53wa0pv4kpwpysnq0sdegd&z=cmt&r=20.asx

--------------------

Santo
Visitor
Member # 411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santo   Email Santo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a CG flyover. Not to bad really. Spike Lee won't be buying front row B-ball seats off this one.

http://www.wwltv.com/video/news-index.html?nvid=278332

--------------------
Santo Brocato
Promotion Graphics & Letters
Spring, TX

Posts: 2501 | From: Spring, TX USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david drane
Deceased

Member # 507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david drane   Email david drane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I must say that myself and my wife, brother and sister in law were at Curtis' place on the new years eve befor Katrina, and I can fully understand what his family went through. We did the swamp tour near Slidell and the tourist guide explained everything to us about the levels of the swamp, New Orleans etc, so when we saw it on TV we knew and worried for Curtis. I think he is surely fully qualified to know exactly what happened during Katrina and any other following storms to say it as it is without doubt, because if any one would understand, then Curtis would know more than anyone else!!

--------------------
Drane Signs
Sunshine Coast
Nambour, Qld.
dranesigns@bigpond.com
Downunder
"To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer"

Posts: 965 | From: Nambour, Qld. Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Thank you dave..
THe driveway where we detonated the fireworks was under water. The flood waters were in the garage about 1/2" below entering the house. All those houses around me were on lower ground and all flooded..

--------------------

Anne McDonald
Visitor
Member # 6842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anne McDonald   Email Anne McDonald       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope everything is ok over there, we think the storms here in NZ are bad but they are nothing compared to what hits the states.

If you want to avoid a storm and holiday in NZ [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Anne McDonald
17 Karnak Crescent
Russley
Christchurch 8042
New Zealand

"I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure"

Posts: 877 | From: Christchurch | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gavin Chachere
Visitor
Member # 1443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gavin Chachere   Email Gavin Chachere   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i did have a post here,but apparently we wouldnt want to hear from anyone who was actually there during the storm,so we now return you to the sawatsky channel

--------------------
Gavin Chachere
Plotter in the garage,New Orleans La.

"Sgts Shugart and Gordon again request permission to rope down to crash site two"

Posts: 1223 | From: new orleans.la. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best wishes to all those that are facing the storms in the south and the coast.

The Katrina events really affected my life as Curtis was keeping us abreast on Letterville chat when he managed to keep his generator going in his home although his home was flooded.
He came home sometimes after no sleep during his unending days and weeks at work rescuing people and being right in the middle of the situation at all times. Custis still wanted us to know what was going on as he knew there were people all around the globe wondering and waiting with frustration.
I can see in my mind a picture of Curtis in a flooded home he could finally get back to as he hooked up a generator to run the computer and keep others informed. Chat was there and he was telling us what was going on that the news couldn't get out and also his first hand account.
Last year, I visited N. O. and also Houma and spent time with the people there. It was a very touching experience to behold the strong spirit and faith of a better time to come. They ne'r complained or acted disgruntled. At times I have to say I am ashamed at what I have in health and family and safety and still allow myself to worry about things; so, that's when I think about the good people that I met in New Orleans and my day somehow gets a lot better, although the memories are bittersweet too.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!