Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » All alone at the Melbourne Migration Meet & Traveler Check-in

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: All alone at the Melbourne Migration Meet & Traveler Check-in
Nevman
Resident

Member # 332

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Nevman   Author's Homepage   Email Nevman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The shop is empty ... it's only me and the goats left.

It's such a mixed feeling. On the one hand I am so happy that we all had such a great time, but, at the same time, it leaves you with the sense of loss or absence - like your family just left town. Those who have hosted meets will understand.

I want to thank everyone that came down to the meet. I had a FANTASTIC time hosting this one. It wouldn't have been the same without all of you who attended. And I missed the ones that had to cancel at the last minute.

Specific thanks goes out to those who helped in the background - cleaning, setting up, trash duty, etc. - you know who you are - you helped out a lot.

As the meet host, I didn't get to take too many (4) pics at the meet. So if y'all could send me the ones that you took, it would be greatly appreciated.

I will be posting another thread this week to thank our sponsors that were so generous - I believe that everyone (that was at the door prize raffle) received at least something...even if it was just some leftover sandwiches or the pineapple. [Smile]

It was so nice to see my old friends and make so many more new ones. It was a privilege, honor and gift to have you all attend. The kids were great too - well behaved and polite; a strong testament to the parents that raised them.

Thanks everyone...

--------------------
Pat Neve, Jr.
Sign Man, Inc.
4580 N. US 1
Melbourne, FL 32935
321-537-8675
Capt. Sign

http://www.twitter.com/Pat_Signman

http://www.facebook.com/PatNeve

Posts: 2279 | From: Melbourne, FL, USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pat,
Roger and I had a good time at the Melbourne Migration 2. The weather was great most of the time with just a few showers on Saturday.
Thanks Pat for being such a great hosts. We got around 8 PM.
Do you have any baby goats yet?
Judy

[ February 24, 2008, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Judy Pate ]

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam M Cranmer
Visitor
Member # 8100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam M Cranmer   Email Adam M Cranmer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the great time Pat. It was a blast. I also want to specially thank Steve Jacobson, Tramp, Alan Johnson, Brian Papa, Russ Mowry, Tony Ricardo & Joe Buck for the encouragement and letting me look over there shoulders all weekend. Thanks to Dick Bohrer for the wire brush trick and to Donald Thompson for passing along the foil/glass trick. It was really great to meet everyone! When's the next one?

--------------------
Adam Cranmer
3545 Forest Park Drive
Kissimmee, FL 34741

Posts: 72 | From: Kissimmee, FL | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Culbertson
Visitor
Member # 7560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan Culbertson   Author's Homepage   Email Ryan Culbertson       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll echo Judy & Adam's comments.

It was a great 1st meet. All I expected & more.
Seeing old friends & meeting new ones.

Some highlights for me were:

Meeting (in no particular order) Pat Neve, Judy Pate, Dick Bohrer, Russ Mowry, Alan Johnson, Brian Papa, Larry Ware, Gary Mottmann, Adam & Nick from Hi Signs, Tony Ricardo, Steve Jacobson, Brian Holmes, Carl & family.

Spending time with Joe Buck & Tramp Warner.

Riding for 8 1/2 hours through the night with Donald & Corbitt Thompson.

Watching Joe, Russ, Tramp, Brian, Steve, & Tony stripe

Watching Dick carve HDU like the master he is

Seeing Gary lay gold leaf & watching Tony letter.

Drinking "The Finest Australian Lager" with Nick & Adam.

& Painting beside an irritable goat.

Pat thanks for the hospitality.

and Thanks to every one at Sign Man, Inc.!!!!

When can we do it again?

[ February 25, 2008, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Ryan Culbertson ]

--------------------
Ryan Culbertson
The Sign Shop at Quick Copies
Greenwood, SC

Rock and Roll means well, but it can’t help tellin’ young boys lies.
Mike Cooley - Drive By Truckers

Posts: 453 | From: Greenwood, South Carolina | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam M Cranmer
Visitor
Member # 8100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam M Cranmer   Email Adam M Cranmer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Pat, that Goat have it's babies yet?

--------------------
Adam Cranmer
3545 Forest Park Drive
Kissimmee, FL 34741

Posts: 72 | From: Kissimmee, FL | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Corbitt & I had a great time.
She enjoyed getting to work on Pat's huge gold leaf sign. Thanks to whomever invited her to join in. It was great to hang out with some old friends and meet new ones.

Thanks also to Alan Johnson and Russ Mowry for doing a panel for Corbitt. She is so proud of it.

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dick Bohrer
Visitor
Member # 905

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dick Bohrer   Author's Homepage   Email Dick Bohrer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got back this morning to a crisp 15 degrees a little different than 86.

Pat, many thanks to you and your lovely wife and staff for a great time. We ate Willies door prize, the pineapple for breakfast today. The 3 boys had a great time playing with your boys. They said they had more fun going to the beach and catching crabs and picking shells than going to Disney. It was fun to go to a meet and see alot of faces you only have seen on a computer screen. Sometimes to bodies don't match, I'm a prime example or maybe not. Heard alot of referances to Santa, St. Nick and Charlie Daniels from the kids at Walmart, folks at Disney, and in restaurants. Not to many beards in Florida. I had a crash course in Florida driving, a little different as I drive like a farmer, and I got to perfect my power U turn in a Suburban in four lanes of traffic, while my wife is screaming you missed the turn.

Special thanks to Tramp Warner for striping my son Justin's guitar, he had to take it to school today and show his choir,and band classes. He was so worried it was going to get ruined on the flight home, I told him I would borrow him a few ZZ Top cds so he can play your favorite tune for you the next time we run into you.

Hope you all can head north next winter for Mikey's Meet and we'll see you there, I know Ryan and Donald will be there. I'll bring down the snowmobile and you guys can take turns driving it.

--------------------
Silver Creek Signworks
Dick Bohrer
Two Harbors, MN

Posts: 236 | From: Two Harbors, MN USA | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Chatham
Visitor
Member # 5664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Chatham   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Chatham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Pat...
I left you a reply on the old topic page, so in case you did'nt see it there, Thanks for a GREAT time!
Vic and I had a blast. You guys really know how to "sling some paint", and FOOD!

Hey...next time can we all try some "Red Neck Painting"??????
YOU GOTTA SEE THIS!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/EclecticAsylumArt

--------------------
Kelly Chatham
Kelly's Signs Inc.
5723 Morse Av.
Jax., FL, 32244

Posts: 68 | From: Jacksonville, Fl. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!