Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Vehicle outline clipart

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vehicle outline clipart
Corey Wine
Resident

Member # 1640

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Corey Wine   Author's Homepage   Email Corey Wine       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there everyone. We are in the market to purchase some "vehicle oultine clipart" and I assume there is more than 1 company out there making them. I figured I would ask the pros here which outline package is "the package to get".

Any opinion/ advice is appreciated.

--------------------
Corey Wine
SignCONCEPTS
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 670 | From: Airdrie, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My preference is Digital Auto Library (Pro Vehicle Outlines).

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10691 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer Digital Auto Library also. I need to upgrade again. Just have up to 2004 vehicles.
Judy

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2627 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Barker
Resident

Member # 174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Barker   Author's Homepage   Email Henry Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had outline libraries from Digital Auto Library, Impact, and MR Clipart, MR Clipart were a merchant here awhile back and you could buy an outline CD for about $60

They do several packages and a download service

http://www.mr-clipart.com/eu/ctc2007-detail.php

The DAL might have more US vehicles?

We don't bother with them anymore, we take a digital photo and do a design based on that in photoshop it looks better, and they see it on their vehicle, and them measure the vehicle when we have it here.

If you look at MR for example you can see that they have got into new things, where once upon a time, vehicle templates were the main business.

--------------------
Henry Barker #1924akaKaftan
SignCraft AB
Stockholm,
Sweden.
A little bit of England in a corner of Stockholm www.signcraft.se www.facebook.com/signcraftsweden

Posts: 1552 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fastcars, anyone?

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7016 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i usually go on ebay and find a nice picture of the side of a vehicle and fix it up in illustrator. not being ugly just a though. I never saw the point in vehicle outlines. nor paying for all those vehicles ill never use

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2035 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corey Wine
Resident

Member # 1640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corey Wine   Author's Homepage   Email Corey Wine       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right on...thanks.
Yeh, we have taken digital pics for years and years but, and perhaps it is the cameras, lately the pictures being taken have definate "distortions" to them. These distortions have bit us in the ass once or twice lately. OK....3 times!
This would be purchased for "peace of mind" in an attempt to "stop the bleeding".

--------------------
Corey Wine
SignCONCEPTS
Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 670 | From: Airdrie, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adam M Cranmer
Visitor
Member # 8100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam M Cranmer   Email Adam M Cranmer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take your pictures from as far away from the vehicle as you can get and zoom in. The further you are from the vehicle, the less "distortion" due to perspective. I've never liked blindly trusting the vehicle outlines and always do my own measurments anyways.

--------------------
Adam Cranmer
3545 Forest Park Drive
Kissimmee, FL 34741

Posts: 72 | From: Kissimmee, FL | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!