Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Graphtec plotter set up problems

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Graphtec plotter set up problems
James Coover
Visitor
Member # 77

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Coover   Email James Coover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone give me a step by step installing a Graphtec FC3100-60 plotter. Running windows XP Home..I have loaded the appropriate driver (ver. 6.84)...it communicates but does not complete the cut job. I had this same plotter on Windows 98 and had no problems...about to tear my hair out after a month of fooling with it. Incidentally, I'm using SignLab 5 for my cut program. If I have to I could cut out of Corel X3..if that is possible. Perhaps someone could suggest a forum I could refer to?? Thanks in advance.
Jim at Coover Signs
jamescoover@att.net

--------------------
Coover Sign & Design
114 Markwardt
Joplin, Mo 64801

Posts: 111 | From: Joplin, Missouri 64801 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
...it communicates but does not complete the cut job.
Not knowing how it's hooked up, that sounds like it's USB & the ports are powering down. If it is USB, go into your device manager, check all the USB stuff. Under power tab, see if there is a checkbox, something about turning the device off to conserve power. Make sure all of those are unchecked.

If it's not USB or that doesn't help, give us more info.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find the tech support at Graphtec to be great !
First contact via email and they call back rather promptly.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6712 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Coover
Visitor
Member # 77

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Coover   Email James Coover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Rick & Chris..
Chris, I'm connecting via parallel port and it communicates, it just quits cutting prematurely..also I can not find device manager in XP..looked in control panel and accesories....jeez, and I've been using computers since 85..mabey it's alzheimers??

--------------------
Coover Sign & Design
114 Markwardt
Joplin, Mo 64801

Posts: 111 | From: Joplin, Missouri 64801 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harris Kohen
Visitor
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harris Kohen   Email Harris Kohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure what you mean by not completing the cutting, but if what you mean is you have a long line of lettering to cut and it only cuts lets say 1/2 or 3/4 of the line, you may have a similar problem to one I experienced when switching to a different computer. The problem if this is it, is related to a setting for maximum length of cuttable material. I'm not sure if the setting is actually in the machine or the software but you may want to check the software to see if you can adjust the length of cuttable area and then check in the manual for your machine to see how to adjust the default setting for length of cut in the machine.
It's funny how a problem like this didn't show up until I was working with a deadline on a job.

--------------------
Harris Kohen
K-Man Pinstriping
and Graphix
Trenton, NJ
"Showing the world that even
I can strategically place the
pigment where its got to
go."

Posts: 1739 | From: Trenton, NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Coover
Visitor
Member # 77

Thanks for the input Harris..but thats not the problem..I can be cutting a simple graphic when the problem occurs.

--------------------
Coover Sign & Design
114 Markwardt
Joplin, Mo 64801

Harris Kohen
Visitor
Member # 2139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harris Kohen   Email Harris Kohen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok well I tried anyway. Have you tried cutting it from Corel yet?

Please let us know what the problem was when you do get it worked out.

--------------------
Harris Kohen
K-Man Pinstriping
and Graphix
Trenton, NJ
"Showing the world that even
I can strategically place the
pigment where its got to
go."

Posts: 1739 | From: Trenton, NJ, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!