Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Letterville in SignCraft - KILLER

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Letterville in SignCraft - KILLER
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know why, but as I'm walking from the mailbox back to the house, I always rip into my new SignCraft magazine and start thumbing from the back to the front. It's fun to see cool stuff before you know who did it.

As I skimmed, I caught Grandpa Dan's article (pretty obvious whose work that is), then came up on John Deaton with a killer window job, then to some eye candy that I should have known was the ultra-talented Diaz family. After that, a photo from Rene Giroux and a transom "Design and Price" article featuring Felix Marcano and Janette Balogh. Add to that a "Step-by-Step" gilding article by Chris Lovelady and a piece by Gary Anderson on color. In the front is Pierre Tardif's Boot Camp and some mind-boggling fire engine gold from Peter Achorn.
Top it all off with a cover and article by Shane Durnford and you got a sweet Letterville slam-dunk.......

Great issue this month - if you don't subscribe, go buy a copy.

[ January 10, 2008, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Sonny Franks ]

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why buy when you can have it delivered right to your door?

http://www.signcraft.com/

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got my copy today....Congrats to all those featured people!

[Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Bernhardt
Resident

Member # 1568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Bernhardt   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Bernhardt       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just gotta add something I thought was pretty terrific. The sign mags always seem to arrive in Canada a little bit later and my copy of the Sign Biz Contest issue was no different. I was impressed by all the quality work but more so by the integrity shown as well. More than once did ppl mention all the folks and "number2 Guys" in their shops. I for one think that my "number2 Guy" is actually number one!! He always seems to get the work done while I'm out doing banking....sales calls and the hundred other things needing doing. Sorry if I strayed a bit OT there Sonny.

--------------------
Doug Bernhardt
Bernhardt Signs
Ottawa Ont.

Posts: 121 | From: ottawa ont. canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I have him Doug? [Razz]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Deaton
Visitor
Member # 925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Deaton   Author's Homepage   Email John Deaton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Tom or JOhn email me about doing something for Signcraft, it always lifts me up. Ive been a fan of Signcraft ever since I got my first issue when I was still painting signs in a barn building and dreaming of having my own shop, and maybe one day having something of mine featured in the magazine. I still look forward to every issue, and seeing stuff in there by people I know. Lots of letterheads end up in Signcraft. With as much talent as there is here, it has to happen. [Smile]

--------------------
Maker of fine signs and
other creative stuff.
Located at 109 N. Cumberland ave.
Harlan, Ky. 40831
606-837-0242

Posts: 4172 | From: Ages-Brookside, Ky. Up the Holler... | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!