Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Eliminator Boats logo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eliminator Boats logo
Denny Smith
Resident

Member # 6806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Denny Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Denny Smith       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going out on a limb here, but thought I'd check to see if anyone had the Eliminator boats logo? I can't find what I need....  -

--------------------
Denny Smith
2 B Personalized
Marion IN

Posts: 52 | From: Marion IN | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Denny..After looking at the "Eliminator" website..the picture on the mug looks nothing like the company lettering.

As a guess...maybe try Helvetica bold italic..do a couple of inlines and see how it works??

Can't see the "boats" copy well enough. the swoosh and cartoon of the boat should be easy enough to create though.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8880 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

Of course it's foreign to you, Eliminator logos were designed by hand, "BV",(before vinyl) and "fonts"...lol

[Cool]

--------------------
Frank Magoo,
Magoo's-Las Vegas; fmagoo@netzero.com
"the only easy day was yesterday"

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stein Saether
Resident

Member # 430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stein Saether   Email stein Saether       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
before fonts?
before gutenberg?

--------------------
Stein Saether
GullSkilt AS
Trondheim

Posts: 1183 | From: Trondheim Norway | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Denny Smith
Resident

Member # 6806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Denny Smith   Author's Homepage   Email Denny Smith       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for trying to be helpful Dave. Actually Frank, the Eliminator logo I'm looking for is fairly new, not the old logo that you're probably accustomed to seeing. Oh yeah...lol!

--------------------
Denny Smith
2 B Personalized
Marion IN

Posts: 52 | From: Marion IN | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stein...

"before fonts?
before gutenberg?"

Are you suggesting Gutenberg(capitol G) called alphabets fonts? I suggest not.....fonts is a new term for alphabets, I suppose the meaning is similiar, not sure, maybe you could enlighten me...

Denny, one of Eliminator's artists is a good friend of mine, one I just spent some time w/during early Xmas party we have each year, when this question surfaced, I called him....after we had a good laugh, he informed me, nothings changed, ALL lettering on Eliminator boats was "hand" created, whether it now comes in decal form or not, original artwork was created by hand....and yes, there are some old signpainters out there that ARE that accurate.... Oh yeah... lol

And Denny, I'm not accustomed to "seeing" them, most of us out here have "hand" lettered plenty of Eliminator boats and trailers...it's a been there, done that syndrone...

--------------------
Frank Magoo,

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stein Saether
Resident

Member # 430

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stein Saether   Email stein Saether       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johannes Gutenberg employed the scribe Peter Schoeffer to help design and cut the letterpunches for the first typeface

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_western_typography

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Font

says it better then i can benD the language

--------------------
Stein Saether
GullSkilt AS
Trondheim

Posts: 1183 | From: Trondheim Norway | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Stein......talk about a walk down memory lane, subjects I studied years ago, relived, wow, amazing how much one forgets over the years....thank you for finding such a indepth explantion of the term....though, I still stick w/my arguement that the term "fonts" is modern in nature as it's used in a totally different context today than back then.......I concede that it's a legitimate term, even though it's meaning as been convoluted somewhat since the advent of the putor, maybe shortened in meaning would better state my position.....again, thanks for finding such excellent articles on subject....shame on me for forgetting so much, it's not like I didn't learn it once.....my family was, er, is in the newspaper business and as a child I watched it morfh into where it is today, very interesting events.....my hat is off to you....... [Smile]

(I'm still reluctant to call an alphabet a font-heheh)

--------------------
Frank Magoo,

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!