Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Info quest on new 6 X 11 Wacom tablet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Info quest on new 6 X 11 Wacom tablet
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in the research stage of a complete computer upgrade. First will be a new laptop and then, early in the new year a desktop unit. I am 99% sure I will go with Macs this time.

The software will all be upgraded as will the tired old scanner. Our desktop printer is in good shape.

My crusty old (but still working) 9x12 Wacom tablet will move to the internet secondary computer which I use for drawing only occasionally.

I've used a Wacom tablet for all my on-screen drawing since my very first computer back in '96 or so and LOVE it! Currently I use a 9 x 12 which replaced a 12 X 12 when that wore out from many years of plain old hard use. I appreciated the slightly smaller size but do not like the tiny 6x8 I purchased for my laptop. I find it quirky, jerky and just too small. I understand many others swear by this small size.

I was at my favorite computer store the other day and saw the new 6 x 11 size which intrigued me more than a little. They are closer to the format of a wide screen (which I use) and they would certainly take up a lot less real estate on the desk. My keyboard would fit between the moniter and the tablet instead of overlapping it awkwardly as now happens. I like my keyboard there instead of in a narrow drawer under my desk top. And a second tablet of this same size would fit neatly in my laptop case without too much trouble, making it a seamless transition between my work and portable computers.

Has anyone here tried the Wacom Intuos 3 6"x11" yet? I'd love to hear feedback from a real live user!

Looking forward to shiney new tools in Yarrow...

-grampa dan

[ November 19, 2007, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Dan Sawatzky ]

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8740 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevin Finlay
Resident

Member # 2159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevin Finlay   Author's Homepage   Email Bevin Finlay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi Dan;

I purchased the Intuos 3 6x11 back at the beginning of the year. I had been playing around with a larger and older tablet prior to that, which had been loaned out to me by a friend, so as I could get a bit of a feel for using one.

When a larger project came along on a detailed T-shirt design, I bought the new tablet. I really wanted to see how well I could produce a digital piece of freehand art instead of doing an airbrush painting.

I think you would really like that tablet. It is a comfortable size as far as hand movement and the programmable express keys and touch strips are really nice. I left the touch strip on the right set for zoom which I just lightly tap with the pen, and the one on the left I set for my brush size in photoshop and tap with my left finger to quickly change the size of the brush on the fly instead of going up into the menu. The other express keys perform the keyboard functions for ctrl, shift, alt, and space bar ( unless you change them) so you don't have to go onto your keyboard very often and panning through a drawing is quick.

I use this tablet for most of my navigating on the computer and it is still compact enough to pack up with the laptop if I need to take it somewhere.

No complaints here with it anyway.

--------------------
www.bevinfinlay.com

Bevin Finlay
Artistry & Design
autoartist@bevinfinlay.com

Posts: 477 | From: Mid-Western Ontario | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamie Nicholson
Resident

Member # 6690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamie Nicholson   Email Jamie Nicholson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought a Wacom Intuos 12x19 and love it.
It does however take up a good junk of real estate on my desk.

--------------------
Jamie Nicholson
Graphics 'n Signs by Trimline
Kenora, Ontario

Posts: 96 | From: Kenora, Ontario | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!