Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » A Welcome in the Hillside

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Welcome in the Hillside
David Kynaston
Visitor
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Kynaston   Author's Homepage   Email David Kynaston       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three weeks to go folks, I s'pose it's time to start getting things ready now!

The webpage was updated today with all the latest: project leaders, seminars, trips, directions,etc: www.davidkynaston.co.uk and click on the "Dragon"

Hope YOU are coming.

--------------------
David Kynaston
Tyn Celyn, Nant Uchaf Farm, Tower Hill, Garth, Llangollen, N. Wales, U.K. LL20 7YH
01978 821552/823421
kynastonh@aol.com

Posts: 36 | From: North Wales, U.K. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only 8 sleeps for us...we fly to Manchester, then down to Kinver,3 miles outside of Birmingham, for a Home Exchange. We'll drive over to the Meet and stay. Going to be So Good!!
btw, David, nice article on Canal Boat Lettering in SC!
Do you have an attendance list yet for the Meet?
Hear it's raining there...we'll feel right at home, started raining again yesterday...will continue thru nest Tuesday!!! so much for Summer! [Frown]

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Osborne
Visitor
Member # 4569

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Wayne Osborne   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Osborne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Attenance List?...well, There's you and me John!

Have a great trip - Can't wait ,can you?

if you happen to pass a big Yellow Ball thing in the sky, see if you can get it to come along too,

See you soon BTJ

--------------------
Wayne Osborne signs
Midhurst W.Sussex U.K
www.osbornesigns.co.uk

"When happiness shows up always give it a comfortable seat"

Posts: 353 | From: Midhurst ,West sussex, Britain | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Telfer
Visitor
Member # 3949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Telfer   Email Scott Telfer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
really looking forward to this one... anyone
who wants to see some of the best Traditional work in the planet should not miss this meet..

See you soon Dave..

--------------------
Scott Telfer
C.S.T SIGNS
0141-633 0391
scott@telfer27.freeserve.co.uk

Posts: 189 | From: SCOTLAND | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm hoping to get there if the airline gods are smiling. For a taste of what you might encounter in Wales, see the current issue of Signcraft Magazine. There's a great spread on David and his formidable talents......

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My lovely Deborah and I will be spending several days in Ireland, far down on the west end of County Cork, then flying to Wales early in the week for the meet. We leave Monday the 30th, and while on one hand it can't be soon enough, I'm rapidly running out of time to get things done here.

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379
"Award winning Signs since 1988"

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Kynaston
Visitor
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Kynaston   Author's Homepage   Email David Kynaston       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Half a dozen fired up Letterheads.....that's what I like to see.

Hope you can make it Sonny, you're getting the UK Cam bug, easy to get and no known cure.

Wayne, he's doing a beginners lettering workshop, I've got so much confidence in this man, thanks for being part of the meet Wayne.

The full list of seminars/workshops is:
Neil Melliard, ProSign, London: Pinstriping.
Mike Chamberlin and Mark Kramer, Vital Signs, Wisconsin USA: Flame Jobs.
Tom Kehoe, Kehoe Décor, Warwickshire: Traditional Paint Finishes.
Peter Anthony, London: Hand Painted Script.
Marcus and Manfred, Timber Signs, Germany: Hand Carved Signs.
Wayne Osborne, Sussex: Signwriting for Beginners.
Mike Meyer, Minnesota, USA: 6 foot Chicken Mural.
and I'll be doing something my self but it won't be graining-promise.

Oh , Saturday night do, smart dress if possible please.

Still places on www.davidkynaston.co.uk

Can't wait to see you all.

--------------------
David Kynaston
Tyn Celyn, Nant Uchaf Farm, Tower Hill, Garth, Llangollen, N. Wales, U.K. LL20 7YH
01978 821552/823421
kynastonh@aol.com

Posts: 36 | From: North Wales, U.K. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Kelly
Visitor
Member # 189

Icon 14 posted      Profile for James Kelly   Author's Homepage   Email James Kelly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh , Saturday night do, smart dress if possible please.
Does that mean I'll have to wear my Ireland rugby shirt? [Wink]

Can't wait to see you all there!

--------------------
James Kelly
Ireland

Posts: 43 | From: N. Ireland | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully, it doesn't mean Frul Dress Raingear!
Birmingham area travel advisory....bring rowboats! [Eek!]

--------------------
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Osborne
Visitor
Member # 4569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Osborne   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Osborne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah John- by the time you arrive the Sun will shine- the birds will sing...and the tide will be OUT!

--------------------
Wayne Osborne signs
Midhurst W.Sussex U.K
www.osbornesigns.co.uk

Posts: 353 | From: Midhurst ,West sussex, Britain | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cam Bortz   Email Cam Bortz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously, though, we've been getting all this news of bad flooding - any problems with the River Dee? Our local paper had a front-page aerial view of Tewksbury, virtually under water. I realize that's not North Wales, but we don't get any serious details here.

Not especially worried, just concerned.

--------------------
"A wise man concerns himself with the truth, not with what people believe." - Aristotle

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379

Posts: 3051 | From: Pawcatuck,Connecticut USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Kynaston
Visitor
Member # 4395

Don't worry folks, we're 800 feet up, if we flood, the rest of the UK will be oceanic (made up word, I think). The camp site's a bit damp, but we're having a huge camp fire, so that'll help no end. It's actually a lovely day today,sun's a shining and the buzzards are circling, and that's how it'll be meet week.

Right, s'pose I better swim back to the workshop.

--------------------
David Kynaston
01978 821552/823421
kynastonh@aol.com

Cam Bortz
Visitor
Member # 55

David, though your farm may be in the clouds, our lodgings are down on the riverbank [Eek!] ! No worries, if the beds go down the Dee we'll sleep on your couch [Wink] .

--------------------

Cam Bortz
Finest Kind Signs
Pondside Iron works
256 S. Broad St.
Pawcatuck, Ct. 06379

David Kynaston
Visitor
Member # 4395

You'll be fine Cam, absolutely fine.

You can swim can't you ?

--------------------
David Kynaston
01978 821552/823421
kynastonh@aol.com

Wayne Osborne
Visitor
Member # 4569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Osborne   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Osborne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, August fast approaches..( that is when Summer starts.. right David? )

I'm busy getting things fired up for my workshop...

If the waters rise too high Cam- I'll throw you panel..and a paddle.

--------------------
Wayne Osborne signs
Midhurst W.Sussex U.K
www.osbornesigns.co.uk

Dawn Lane
Visitor
Member # 7895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn Lane   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a letterhead question-
do we have a nice dry place to paint?

Can't wait! Rain makes camping an adventure! We'd be lucky to have some over this way, the rain barrels near empty.

Besides I've been practising holding my breath underwater, I can now do so with a drop shadow and an outlline.

--------------------
Dawn Lane
The Circle School
Thornhill, Ontario
Canada

Posts: 8 | From: Thornhill Ontario | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Was a beautiful Sunny day yesterday when we arrived in Kinver,Staffordshire (near Birmingham)
Lovely and Green, looks like there hasn't been a Drought here! Took a walk along the W&S canal, seeing our first Narrow Boats, met some folks in the pub, later had tea aboard their boat.
Well, rain predicted for tomorrow, so we'll get in some practice driving the BMW now, trying to follow the Rules of the Road!

John

--------------------
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Wayne Osborne
Visitor
Member # 4569

WEYHEY John- welcome to Sunshiney Britain...
Glad you made it ok- remember to drive on Left and watch out for those Tree Tunnels!

See ya soon in Wales boyo !

--------------------
Wayne Osborne signs
Midhurst W.Sussex U.K
www.osbornesigns.co.uk

Henry Barker
Resident

Member # 174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Henry Barker   Author's Homepage   Email Henry Barker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get a freight boat from Sweden on wednesday night (1st August) to Immingham, and then drive up to my old home in Mid Wales for a few days and then up to North Wales wednesday week, and I'm camping [Smile]

Åsa is staying in Sweden, as its alot now with the kids (couldn't get her mum up here like she did for Scotland last year, its a shame [Frown] ) and she has more pre-term preparation, (art teacher).

So I'm coming on my own

I'm really looking forward to it and meeting up with old faces again.

--------------------
Henry Barker #1924akaKaftan
SignCraft AB
Stockholm,
Sweden.
A little bit of England in a corner of Stockholm www.signcraft.se www.facebook.com/signcraftsweden

Posts: 1552 | From: Stockholm, Sweden | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew Rolli
Visitor
Member # 4089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew Rolli   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew Rolli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All.

Just wanted to post up my sorrows that I'll be unable to attend this fine meet. It's often tough to not be able to attend what we all know will be a suberlative gathering of fine craftsmen and my good good friends.

My only excuse is that I'm working hard on my end for next year's meet here in WI. Thanks for posting all as I'm going to be sitting this one out.

Take Good Care All.

--------------------
Matthew Rolli
AdCraft Sign&Design
Hudson, WI

Posts: 280 | From: Hudson, WI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Hello, would Terry Colley please stand up, thank you.
Terry, i wrote your ph. no> down and then lost it> could you post it or IM me, thanks,
John

--------------------
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Terry Colley
Visitor
Member # 1245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Colley   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Colley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello John
it's 0161 494 5089,
email terry@vintagesign.wanadoo.co.uk
cheers Terry

--------------------
Terry Colley
The VintageSign Co
42 barrack hill Romiley Stockport
Cheshire, England sk6 3az
tel 0161 494 5089
terry@bullandbrush.fsnet.co.uk

Posts: 210 | From: England | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

David, just wondering if you need any advance booking for the trip to Snowdon & Chester?

thanks,
John

--------------------
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

David Kynaston
Visitor
Member # 4395

Hi John, and everyone else in pre letterhead land. We'll I've just got in from the workshop at 10.45 pm, I was outside for 7.15 this morning preping the campsite with my brother, Bob.

The Snowdon trip's essentialy for partners 'n' kids who are not doing the letterhead thing. so at registation, on Thursday will be the time to get names down. We've hired a 17 seater mini-bus, and had to pre book the trip. I'm guessing it'll fill soon John, however if you have a car you could follow them up there. The link is on my site,I've pre booked tickets for 12 noon on Friday 10th.

Chester's no problem, everyone down to the local railway station, and we'll pick you back up late afternoon. You'll love it, go to the cathederal.

By the way, has anyone who's coming got a stopwatch we can please borrow for the qualifying heats of the Pinstripers Speedway, also on the Friday.

Can't wait to see you all, will miss Matt, Jill, Tim Meyer and family who I know would love to come, but can't.

That's it, I'm going back to the workshop as soon as I'v ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

--------------------
David Kynaston
01978 821552/823421
kynastonh@aol.com

Wayne Osborne
Visitor
Member # 4569

Amazing how 3 weeks suddenly becomes 3 days!

I just wanted to report the UK as Flood Free and sunny now for those who were bringing waterwings.

See ya all there

.I'll be the one in the corner with Mahl stick..and snorkel

--------------------
Wayne Osborne signs
Midhurst W.Sussex U.K
www.osbornesigns.co.uk

John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Well it was downright HOT in Worcester today!
We were able yo attend Evensong in the Cathedral, a most amazing Building.
Summer has arrived!!
David, please hold a one seat on the mini-bus for Lyn, as she doesn't drive the 5speed dynamo...
Thanks.
re: the Pinstripers Race for the Paint Cup...i've only seen it once, at Suwanne...still have blurred vision! [Rolling On The Floor]
but looking forward to it [Eek!]

John

--------------------
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Well it was downright HOT in Worcester today!
We were able yo attend Evensong in the Cathedral, a most amazing Building.
Summer has arrived!!
David, please hold a one seat on the mini-bus for Lyn, as she doesn't drive the 5speed dynamo...
Thanks.
re: the Pinstripers Race for the Paint Cup...i've only seen it once, at Suwanne...still have blurred vision! [Rolling On The Floor]
but looking forward to it [Eek!]

John

--------------------
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

And...in Worcester we discovered a very good used bookstore, run by OXFAM, and walked out, 32£ lighter between the two of us!. But it was all worth it, as I picked up a fine book, Pub Signs by Paul Corballis, with lots of history & pictures. Also, Paint your own Illuminated Letters by Stefan Oliver, "future projects?", and a SIGNED COPY of an Ian Rankin(writing as Jack Harvey) book, Blood Hunt. The Rebus books...love them! Between these and what Lyn bought, I got to carry the heavy load all day ,what happens when you go to the book shop first! [Embarrassed] )

John

--------------------
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

David Kynaston
Visitor
Member # 4395

John, you seem to be having a nice conversation with yourself with the last 3 posts.

Picked up Cal T today, and Mike Chamberlin and Family tommorrow. Bob, my brother arrived last week from a place called Massechooosis in America, I mean c'mon, there can't realy be a place called that !?

The weather's great, I am definately loosing the plot, I locked the workshops tonight, about 10.30 and spent half an hour looking for the keys, and they were in my pocket all along.

Cal's booked a table for 15 on Wednesday night at Greenbank Steak house in Llangollen at 8 0'clock, if you want in.....let us know.

See you soon friends old and new.

--------------------
David Kynaston
01978 821552/823421
kynastonh@aol.com

paul priestley
Visitor
Member # 4313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paul priestley   Email paul priestley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Camper is gassed up and ready to go into deepest Wales, be there late wed afternoon.

--------------------
Paul Priestley
Signworx
South Yorkshire
England
paulpriestley@blueyonder.co.uk

never too old to learn

Posts: 66 | From: uk | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've packed my sleepin bag, and I ship off my son to the US Army tonight (Tuesday Aug 7th) boot camp in Ft. Sill Oklahoma...then I head for Wales tomorrow! Can't wait!!!!!!!!

-

[ August 07, 2007, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: Barb. Shortreed ]

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn Lane
Visitor
Member # 7895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn Lane   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes to the dinner table booking!!!!!!!! oh and please and thank you!!!!

Just wait the plot is about to thicken!!!!!!

--------------------
Dawn Lane
The Circle School
Thornhill, Ontario
Canada

Posts: 8 | From: Thornhill Ontario | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We just shipped our daughter off to San Francisco to start her job with Americorps and I'll be on the plane to Manchester tomorrow night.
Chill the Guinness, mates.....

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

David, please put us down for 2 at the Cal Trauter Totally Vegetarian Steak Extravaganza! Altho Green and Steak aren't sounding to good together [Eek!]

still conversing with myself in \kinver....

John

--------------------
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

David Kynaston
Visitor
Member # 4395

Now it's getting exciting.Chamberlin's and Bortz' here.

Marcus and Manfred have arrived an hour ago 11.30 pm after a 19 hour drive.

We've also marked out the mural with the projector, always a night shift job!

See you sooner !

--------------------
David Kynaston
01978 821552/823421
kynastonh@aol.com

mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahahaha

I got some cheap cigars so steer me towards the smokin tent Kinny!

Or should I say SMOKIN TEEPEE?

This is for Manfred and Marcus...."Do Kisnt mir einen blausen bitte"

hahaha

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Osborne
Visitor
Member # 4569

2 more for Steak, Leek and Daffodil supprise please,
Its Wednesday Mornin, an were just about to set sail here-

Put the kettle on.

--------------------
Wayne Osborne signs
Midhurst W.Sussex U.K
www.osbornesigns.co.uk

Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

BUMMER - I've been trying to shake this cold for 2 weeks and went to the doctor this morning for some badass antibiotics. After doing a chest x-ray, I was told I have pneumonia. Looks like I'm gonna miss another good meet.
EXPLETIVE, EXPLETIVE, EXPLETIVE........

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

David Kynaston
Visitor
Member # 4395

It's tomorrow !, just got up from the camp fire, the eve of the meet, it's been so good already with everyone arriving today, that if that were to end now, it'd would have been worth every minute of the work that's gone into the last year.

So what's the next three days going to be like................

Well this little computer's going in the registration are, with no internet conection, so that's me out of it, so hopefully John Lennig or anyone else here on laptopline will keep this going.

Time for a few hours kip.

--------------------
David Kynaston
01978 821552/823421
kynastonh@aol.com

Miles Cullinane
Resident

Member # 980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miles Cullinane   Email Miles Cullinane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say hi to Cam for me as I seem to have missed his visit to Ireland.

Have a great time everyone.

--------------------
Miles Cullinane,
Cork, Ireland.

From the sometimes sunny south of Ireland,

Posts: 913 | From: Cork, Ireland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!