Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » The Great Bushie Bash!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Great Bushie Bash!
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're looking forward to spending a week with our longtime Friends, Jon and Sue Butterworth. We're hoping return the kindness and joy these folks extended us on our trip "Downunder" last October.

To mark the occasion, there will be a BBQ/Panel Jam here at our home in Fergus on Sat., July 14th. We'll have the garage cleaned out to accomadate those that want to panel jam. I have some One Shot and a few panels kicking around, but anything extra you want to bring is more than welcome.

Fergus is located an hour West of Toronto and an hour and a half NE of Niagara Falls. Our home is located in the middle of Town. It's a Residental area with limited space, but we're inviting everyone in Letterville to attend. If everyone shows, we could easily double the Town Of Fergus' population. [Smile]

Barb and I are eager to see all attending have a good, safe time, so we are urging our Guests to stay over. There are a couple motels in the area, but I want to see the rooms before I recommend them. Lots of Bed & Breakfast places as well. We're in the process of gathering a list of accomadations in the area.

There's also room for camping in the backyard. If you own a "bed in a bag", bring it along. It's big old house. We'll find room somewhere.

We have no problem with kids coming along. There's a 16' "Redneck" rubber pool to cool off in. Downtown Fergus is within walking distance. A campfire is in the works for Saturday night, so bring your instruments along.

The whole idea is to give you all a chance to meet Jon and his wife Sue. Bushie has been a huge part of this Community and our Chat Room for over 10 years. Here's your chance to meet them personally, and see small town Ontario as a bonus. Here's a few links to learn more about the Fergus-Elora area.

http://www.fergusbia.ca/

http://www.fergus-ontario.com/index.html

http://www.fergusscottishfestival.com/

http://www.fergustruckshow.com/index.shtml

http://www.ferguselora.com/

As with any meet, it is essential we get some idea of who is attending. Please let us know via email ASAP.

Stayed tuned for more info.

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BEWARE! I am bringing Steve's Didgeredoo he left at Devo's place. That's if customs don't take the 4ft long "Bazzooka" out of my luggage!

See you there ... we got a lot to share!

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to be there too- have a great time! We've just had 68mm of rain- the best fall in about five years here, it was beautiful. Hope it's great up-over too!

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarge
Deceased

Member # 1022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarge   Email sarge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish I could of extended my trip to come over and see your side of the country too Steve...
I'll make it there one day mate....have fun

--------------------
John "sarge" Serjeant
Executive Director of
"Hardly Normal Signs"
sarge.signs@bigpond.com
3 Balyando Drive
Nerang
Queensland 4211
Australia
61 07 5578 2495

Posts: 255 | From: Nerang, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte Jumper   Email Monte Jumper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish Pat and I could make it ...give Sue and John a big Okie hug and tell them we are thinking about them.

Have a great time and keep an eye on your garage or Jon will have a full size sepia mural on the biggest wall before you know what hit you.

Gidday you'all! [Smile]

--------------------
"Werks fer me...it'll werk fer you"

Monte Jumper
SIGNLanguage/Norman.Okla.
jumpers@itlnet.net

Posts: 3185 | From: Norman,Okla.U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a small airport nearby? We will be back to flying again as soon as we get our new plane home from Pa.

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Laura...There is one in Guelph which is about 12 miles away and there are a couple of private ones closer. We might be able to make arrangements for you to land at one of those.
Just let us know your plans and we'll see what we can arrange [Smile]

Bye the way...HAPPY BIRTHDAY  -

[ June 11, 2007, 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Barb. Shortreed ]

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2376 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PatRaap
Resident

Member # 4290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatRaap   Author's Homepage   Email PatRaap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Barb...Dennis and I have been checking out accommodations near you...any suggestions. [Smile] We are hoping to be able to make it to the Bash, sounds like a great time!

--------------------
Patricia A. Raap
Raap Signs
2615 Arthur
Coopersville, MI 49404
616-677-0158
pat@raapsigns.com

Posts: 576 | From: Coopersville, MI 49404 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Pat...we're really looking forward to seeing you and Dennis [Smile]

I went up and checked out the Fergus Motel, the rooms looked clean and there is air conditioning
& cable [Smile]
rooms with 2 double beds are 85.00 a night
and rooms with a queen bed are 75.00 a night taxes are included. there phone # is 519-843-2100

I'll go and check out some of the bed and breakfasts tomorrow and post what I find out.

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2376 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laura or anybody else that wants to fly there planes here...I have found a bed & breakfast 5km down the road that has a landing strip for you plane the cost of the room is 90.00 a night and here is a link to it http://www.bbcanada.com/4812.html

[ June 26, 2007, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: Barb. Shortreed ]

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are a few bed & breakfast places in Fergus

St. George's B & B has 2 rooms available they each have a double bed and the cost is $50 for one person or $80 for two here is a link to there place....
http://www.bbcanada.com/2655.html

Stonehurst also has 2 rooms available they have queen size beds and the cost on those are $100 for 1 person or $117. for two...
http://www.Stonehurstbb.com

I found the link for the Fergus Motel that I mentioned in the other post...
http://www.fergusmotel.com/
and here is the link for the one with the air strip...
http://www.fergusflyinbandb.com/

We have lots of room for those that want to camp [Smile]

[ June 27, 2007, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: Steve Shortreed ]

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

PatRaap
Resident

Member # 4290

Icon 7 posted      Profile for PatRaap   Author's Homepage   Email PatRaap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Barb....I just made our reservations at the Fergus Motel. [Applause] If we get out there early enough on friday, we are wondering if there are any wineries in your area to do some wine tasting? [Smile]

--------------------
Patricia A. Raap
Raap Signs
2615 Arthur
Coopersville, MI 49404
616-677-0158
pat@raapsigns.com

Posts: 576 | From: Coopersville, MI 49404 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Hi Pat...sorry no wineries in this area for wine tasting [Frown]
but we have the town I grew up in 3 miles away
that a lot of tourist come to visit every year [Smile]
here is a link to it

ELORA

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now Barb don't be so quick to say there are no wineries. I think there's one near Guelph isn't there? Seems to me I've seen the signs for it.

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Your right Deri there is a winery called
Cox Creek Cellars and here is the link to it
http://www.coxcreekcellars.on.ca/ but I don't think it is open to wine tasting only on certain occasions [Smile]

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Dawn Lane
Visitor
Member # 7895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn Lane   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking forward to Saturday!

--------------------
Dawn Lane
The Circle School
Thornhill, Ontario
Canada

Posts: 8 | From: Thornhill Ontario | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jon and Sue are great sports. I dragged them here and there and everywhere, Jon jumped in everytime I needed a hand,
 -
and I even dragged him to a sissy North American style football game... which he thoroughly enjoyed and is now an Edmonton Eskimos fan. [Smile]
 -
Sarge joined us a few days later and the craziness got into high gear! Dan, Sarge is a natural for our directionally challenged team!
 -
Hang on Fergus the Bushman cometh!!!

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rollie Guertin
Visitor
Member # 6415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rollie Guertin   Author's Homepage   Email Rollie Guertin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what's the address and when's everybody gonna be there ?

--------------------
Rollie Guertin Pinstriping
Guelph,Ontario CANADA
519-826-9434
www.guertin.com/pinstriping

Posts: 25 | From: Guelph ,Ontario | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PatRaap
Resident

Member # 4290

Icon 7 posted      Profile for PatRaap   Author's Homepage   Email PatRaap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, I did see the Cox Creek Cellars on line. We might have to check it out. Looking forward to saturday [Smile] ! .

[ July 10, 2007, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: PatRaap ]

--------------------
Patricia A. Raap
Raap Signs
2615 Arthur
Coopersville, MI 49404
616-677-0158
pat@raapsigns.com

Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barb,
We haven't gotten the plane yet but are talking about going up to your place for the get together and then onto Pa. to drop Garry off to fly it home on Sun.

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rollie Guertin
Visitor
Member # 6415

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rollie Guertin   Author's Homepage   Email Rollie Guertin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just noticed the addresss on your post !!Some days I'm just soooo quick !

--------------------
Rollie Guertin Pinstriping
Guelph,Ontario CANADA
519-826-9434
www.guertin.com/pinstriping

Posts: 25 | From: Guelph ,Ontario | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Payne

Member # 344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Payne   Author's Homepage   Email Pete Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Rollie, had a good time at fleetwood country cruize in, likely won't make it saturday. My son loved the pinstripe panels so i think we'll spend a few winter nights panel jammin! maybe i'll have to send him to you for lessons?

--------------------
Pete Payne
Willowlake Design/Canadian Signcrafters
Bayfield, ON

Canadian Signcrafters

Posts: 619 | From: Bayfield, ON Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Dawn...looking forward to seeing you guys again and hearing all the great music [Wink]

Duncan...looks like you guys had a great time [Smile]

Rollie...the festivities should get started around 1pm on Saturday and for anybody else that missed the address it is 144 Hill St. E. Fergus, Ont

Pat...looking forward to seeing you and Dennis [Smile]

Laura...glad to hear you and Garry are going to
to be able to make the party [Applause]

If anybody plays a musical instrument please bring it along!

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we are off to the airport..here they come.
Hope you have a great time...we did. [Smile]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Fisher
Visitor
Member # 107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Fisher   Email David Fisher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What time are the festivities likely to start?

--------------------
David Fisher
D.A. & P.M. Fisher Services
Brisbane Australia
da_pmf@yahoo.com
Trying out a new tag:
"Parents are the bones on which children cut their teeth
Peter Ustinov

Posts: 1450 | From: Brisbane Queensland Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a blast! I enjoy pics!!! Bring them on.
Is it me or does that guy above Duncan resemble Bill Diaz??
(the football game) Now how can he be in two places at once!)

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Payne

Member # 344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Payne   Author's Homepage   Email Pete Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hope you're all happy, partying up a storm while i'm here, slavin away painting the offices in the new shop. I'd say you all get yer lazy butts up here and help but i know better than to turn a bunch of partied up 'heads loose on anything of mine!

--------------------
Pete Payne
Willowlake Design/Canadian Signcrafters
Bayfield, ON

Canadian Signcrafters

Posts: 619 | From: Bayfield, ON Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!