Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » canadian supplier for plastic formed and metal letters

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: canadian supplier for plastic formed and metal letters
Brenda Daley Giuseppin
Visitor
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brenda Daley Giuseppin   Author's Homepage   Email Brenda Daley Giuseppin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,
I've been using Gemini for 8 years now. There used to be a sales rep named Terry that looked after me very very well. Never had any problems for years. Then in the last year or so, he has been gone and every single job that I try to get quoted on, there is some kind of problem. I could wait over a week for a quote. Then it gets quoted by more than one person with a drastic difference in pricing between quotes on the same job. I have to always chase down for someone to look at my email to quote the job..etc. I've actually even lost a job because they didn't get back to me quick enough. I'm now very close to loosing a job again because since Tuesday I have been waiting for a quote. They did finally fax me yesterday, but just faxed me a copy of a quote they sent me a month ago based on entirely different specs than what I'm asking for now.
Anyhow...I now give up! I need to find a supplier that does similar types of letters in Canada. Does anyone have some contacts?
Sorry for rambling, I'm just extremely frustrated! [Smile]

--------------------
Ottawa Custom Signs
Stittsville, Ontario

Posts: 346 | From: Stittsville, ON | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.ussign.com/

these are alot better than gemini metal letter IMO. they are lightweight and less expensive. quotes are very quick. on the plastic letters I have no idea.

Im suprised that gemini is slacking on their quoting to you. we get quotes back real soon from them

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brenda Daley Giuseppin
Visitor
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brenda Daley Giuseppin   Author's Homepage   Email Brenda Daley Giuseppin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for the info Bruce, however I was looking for a Canadian Supplier rather than an american one. Not that I have a problem with using american suppliers, but it gets more expensive with the exchange and shipping.

--------------------
Ottawa Custom Signs
Stittsville, Ontario

Posts: 346 | From: Stittsville, ON | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Thomas Greer
Resident

Member # 4566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Thomas Greer   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Thomas Greer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gemini letters!

--------------------
Steve Thomas Greer
ABRACADABRA SIGNS & DESIGNS
102 Stanley St. Ayr, Ont. Canada

Posts: 602 | From: Ayr, Ontario. Canada | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im sorry thats all I knew and I bet that is a pain to get stuff

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Nelson

Member # 4914

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Nelson   Author's Homepage   Email Don Nelson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brenda,
I am very sorry that you are having problems. Can I help in any way? I am in Ohio but have a great relationship with our Canadian branch. I will be happy to make some calls on your behalf. I know that Pete Bremmer would be very sorry to hear of your issues.

--------------------
Don Nelson
Gemini
dnelson@axcesswave.com

Posts: 43 | From: Oberlin, OH | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rene Giroux
Resident

Member # 4980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rene Giroux   Author's Homepage   Email Rene Giroux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before I even read Don's reply I was going to say... call back at Gemini and talk to Peter Bremmer..... so there.

--------------------
Rene Giroux
Perfexion.ca
Gatineau, QC.

www.renegiroux.com

I'd rather regret things I did than things I didn't do!

Posts: 1875 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Payne

Member # 344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Payne   Author's Homepage   Email Pete Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Brenda, i've had good luck with Gemini also, i'll talk to Pete this weekend at consac if i get a chance, they,ve done a couple custom jobs for me lately that turned out very well

--------------------
Pete Payne
Willowlake Design/Canadian Signcrafters
Bayfield, ON

Canadian Signcrafters

Posts: 619 | From: Bayfield, ON Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!