Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » E-Z Up Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: E-Z Up Question
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a customer who is interested in going to community festivals, craft fairs, etc. She is getting an E-Z Up, a white one, and was wanting to put her company logo on the upper part of it. You know, the triangular part of the material on each of the 4 sides.

What is the plan to accomplish this? Can it have vinyl applied? Does is have to be painted? Have you ever done one of these before?/

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Loran
Visitor
Member # 7594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peter Loran   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Loran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i would paint it.airbrush it.although it my be coated with a water proofing agent.i spilled createx airbrush paint on one of my tents.it is still on even after i tried to scratch it off.i got a ez up tent.then trying to stick anything to it may not work.sticking vinyls
will have to put up with being folded every time you take down the tent.

--------------------
peter loran
A!RBRUSH LORAN GRAPHICS
14858 rt 18
kent ny 14477
585-682-6012

Posts: 9 | From: kent ny | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Loran
Visitor
Member # 7594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peter Loran   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Loran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
at ezup.com you can an order custom lettering on the side of the tent top.they aply it an send the canopy to you.

--------------------
peter loran
A!RBRUSH LORAN GRAPHICS
14858 rt 18
kent ny 14477
585-682-6012

Posts: 9 | From: kent ny | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkers
Resident

Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkers   Author's Homepage   Email Checkers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya Dale,
Take Peter's advice. Get set up as a distributor and order it direct. It will come ready to deliver to the client.

Havin' fun,

Checkers

--------------------
a.k.a. Brian Born
www.CheckersCustom.com
Harrisburg, Pa
Work Smart, Play Hard

Posts: 3775 | From: Harrisburg, Pa. U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vinyl does NOT work on tents!

They get rolled up, folded up, stuffed in bags, dragged on the ground ... you name it!

Enamel Paint is not flexible enough and will crack up. We found water based paints too soft and wear off.

We have been doing tents for years with Vinyl Screen Inks. Either brushed on, or mask and spray.
Reduce with lacquor thinners and it bites into the vinyl. Very hard wearing and flexible.

I would be wary of ordering tents complete with logos and lettering as you will get what you payed for. You have no control over quality. Either do it yourself or get a reputable screen printer to do it.

[ April 25, 2007, 03:28 AM: Message edited by: Jon Butterworth ]

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Feicke
Resident

Member # 767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Feicke   Email Dale Feicke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks y'all!\
I've been wary of using vinyl, but wasn't sure if vinyl ink would work or not. First, I'm going to try to talk my customer out of doing the job; then, I'm going to tell him I can do it, but it's going to cost him.....that'll do it.

--------------------
Dale Feicke Grafix
714 East St.
Mendenhall, MS 39114

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me."

Posts: 2963 | From: Mendenhall, MS | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can buy a sailmask- it's a vinyl plottable mask, that has a much more aggressive tack than ordinary paintmask vinyl. It works really well for sticking to the fabric-type tent covers. Plot what you want, apply it, and airbrush with vinyl screen ink as Jon says above. Then weed it.

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Cieslowski
Resident

Member # 2429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Cieslowski   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Cieslowski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dale,

Another possibility would be to print or apply to banner material and then attach it to the tent with velcro. Just an idea I saw in one of the sign mags.

Joe,

Makin Chips and Havin Fun!

--------------------
Joe Cieslowski
Connecticut Woodcarvers Gallery
P.O.Box 368
East Canaan CT 06024
jcieslowski@snet.net
860-824-0883

Posts: 2345 | From: East Canaan CT 06024 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!