Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Rocky Mountain Gold. Tentative Colo LH Meet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rocky Mountain Gold. Tentative Colo LH Meet
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have decided to try my hand at putting on a meet here in Colorado.

To perspective Attendees what type of meet would you like to see and attend and how many days.
As for the meet portion here is what I can offer through the shop.
20,000 sqft of combined area to work on projects including a Paint Booth, Vehicle Bay.
A full Woodworking shop with CnC routing, Sandblasting Wood,Glass and Stone,
SheetMetal shop Forming for ornate frames.
Screen Printing station for Glass and Gluechipping
Mold Making, RTV and Resin
And of course the Normals of Gold Leaf, Paint, Vinyl,T-Shirt Printing, Wide format printing with 6 Computer workstations.
Would you be interested in having vendors here or just keep it on an informal level.

I was thinking a 2 to 3 day meet sometime in the late Summer or early Fall 2008(If that would be enough time for you to make plans) with extra time to visit some of the area attractions.
We have the Royal Gorge Bridge worlds Highest Suspension Bridge
Buckskin Joes,(Old West Town),
The Royal Gorge Route.(train Ride trough the Gorge)
Some of the best Whitewater rafting and Kayaking around and of course some of the best Mountain Climbing, Biking, Hiking, Camping, Fishing in the country.
I will work with our tourism council to set up package deals to people that would like to visit these along with lodging deals.

I will keep this shamelessly posted for a few weeks for input and will announce the official dates when I get more input from everyone.
Feel free to post here or send me a email with your suggestions to bill@3dsignco.com

[Thanks] [Thanks]

Let me add this... This is a meet for everyone from Beginners to Seasoned Veterens and anyone in between of any and all types of sign making. This is ment to be a fun and learning experience and not a Elitist group. Leave the Egos at home. (By the way I couldn't hand a paint a letter if my life depended on it.)

Edited cause I have no idea what year it is. [Smile]
Ment to say 2008.

[ April 16, 2007, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: William DeBekker ]

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Crumley
Visitor
Member # 2307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Crumley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill,

It would be an excellent meet. You're smack dab located in the center of the US so the attendance would be good.

Count me in, and let me know if I can help.

J

--------------------
Joe Crumley
Norman Sign Company
2200 Research Park Blvd.
Norman, OK

Posts: 1428 | From: 2200 Research Park Blvd. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Crumley
Visitor
Member # 2307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Crumley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, could we do some CNC router projects? Perhaps some 3D stuff too?

--------------------
Joe Crumley
Norman Sign Company
2200 Research Park Blvd.
Norman, OK

Posts: 1428 | From: 2200 Research Park Blvd. | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Yearwood
Visitor
Member # 2723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Yearwood   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Yearwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fall sounds good, Bill. I would like to make it since you are only a few hours away. It's nice to escape to the mountains when it's hot here.
Keep us posted.

--------------------
Mark Yearwood
Yearwood Design Works
Tecumseh, OK
www.yearwooddesignworks.com
www.markyearwood.com

Posts: 1027 | From: Tecumseh, OK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...That's only 5-6 months away. Will you have enough time to arrange everything??? Time could be tight for some of us, especially those who are already planning on making one of the other late summer meets.

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joy Kjer
Resident

Member # 3026

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joy Kjer   Author's Homepage   Email Joy Kjer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He said 2008...plenty of time. Colorado and Letterheads, a match made in heaven!

--------------------
Joy Kjer
Art On Display Signs
4001 Randolph St
Lincoln, NE

"My life has a superb cast,
but I can't figure out the plot."

Posts: 445 | From: 4001 Randolph St. Lincoln, NE | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancie W. Phillips
Resident

Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancie W. Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Nancie W. Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colorado & Letterheads? Two of my favorite things...not to mention Colorado just happens to be the birthplace of the Letterheads movement.

--------------------
Nancie W. Phillips
White Dove Painting Studio
74 Dacula Road,
Dacula, GA 30019
678-887-3339

www.nanciephillips.com

"Three words describe life...'It goes on'"- Robert Frost

Posts: 919 | From: Metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...What a difference a year makes! It would be so cool if the DENVER letterheads were involved in the gathering also. The two meets they hosted were awesome!

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Shirk
Visitor
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Shirk   Email Dave Shirk       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bill, count me in! I'd like to get some experience with CNC. I don't even know whatcha' call the little thingey-bobs that go into the motor thing that runs off electircal plug-in.
Glue-chip and Angel gilding tricks would ge good as well. We can never discover all the techniques on our own.
I think this would be awesome in your beautiful town.

--------------------
Dave Shirk
Fitting Finishes Signs & Embroidery
78 Apache Trail
South Fork, CO 81154

Posts: 16 | From: South Fork, Colorado, USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte Jumper   Email Monte Jumper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a good opportunity to get back to my old stomping grounds keep us appraised. Hope it works out!

--------------------
"Werks fer me...it'll werk fer you"

Monte Jumper
SIGNLanguage/Norman.Okla.
jumpers@itlnet.net

Posts: 3185 | From: Norman,Okla.U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great, Look forward to having you all.. After discussions with my wife and some others it is a definite go.

I will get the dates together by Mid May if not earlier. I need to talk to the train people and the Gorge about bulk pricing for people that do want to visit attractions and make sure I am not impeding with any other meets or events going on here.
I want to make this an annual thing.. But in 2011 I will probably have it during the summer as that is when Christo & Jean Claude are doing their thing over the river. And since I was a raft guide in my younger days I want to take the raft or Kayaks through the river under the tarps.

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!