Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » February Fever Meet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: February Fever Meet
Brenda Daley Giuseppin
Visitor
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brenda Daley Giuseppin   Author's Homepage   Email Brenda Daley Giuseppin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back from Rodgers meet! What a great time. As usual, I never get much sleep at meets, but at least this time I didn't have a long travel home.
Great people at the meet...great projects on the go....lots and lots of great food! Thanks Rodger for another wonderful meet!

--------------------
Ottawa Custom Signs
Stittsville, Ontario

Posts: 346 | From: Stittsville, ON | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's to Roger! And Pat Welter and Brenda Daley the 2 mural Project Leaders, and of course Bill Ridell for his 3D project. Doug Downey was there giving not one but two seminars on 2007 tips & tricks in Corel. It was great to meet Murray MacDonald, who taught us the "Galute Method" of carving. Marj Payne (one of my favourite suppliers)from Canadian Signcrafters Supply gave away a whole lot of great stuff for the draw.
I don't imagine most of the meet attendees are even home yet, as the plane most had come on to Saskatchewan wasn't leaving until tomorrow! And the folks from Kenora are probably still driving.

It sure was a blast Roger- Thanks again.

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Murray MacDonald
Visitor
Member # 3558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Murray MacDonald   Email Murray MacDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great people, terrific food, 5 piece house band, lovely log cabin to stay in....it was a great meet, even for those of us who didn't work on signs.
Deb

--------------------
Murray MacDonald
OldTime Signs
529 Third Ave S
Kenora, ON.
P9N 1Y3
oldtimesigns@gokenora.com

Posts: 781 | From: Kenora, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can't go anywhere these days without running into Letterheads!

We took off Friday for a quiet drive up the #401 Highway, and ended up in a tiny town called Sharbot Lake, Ontario. A local directed us towards a large white bulding located on a hill at the end of a street.

Keep an eye on this post and you'll learn what we discovered inside. [Smile]

-

Letterheads painting murals!

-

A Legend celebrating his 79th. Birthday!

-

A Guy teaching everyone Corel stuff!

-

A couple in Love!

-

-

-

Gorgeous SignGals

[ February 26, 2007, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Steve Shortreed ]

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rene Giroux
Resident

Member # 4980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rene Giroux   Author's Homepage   Email Rene Giroux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep! just loved it, thanks Rodger for having me there.

Does anyone have a picture of the completed murals, I had to leave early and neither were done...

Da French Guy !!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Rene Giroux
Perfexion.ca
Gatineau, QC.

www.renegiroux.com

I'd rather regret things I did than things I didn't do!

Posts: 1875 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy Campbell   Email Randy Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't see this meet advertized????

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Posts: 2857 | From: Hamilton Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brenda Daley Giuseppin
Visitor
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brenda Daley Giuseppin   Author's Homepage   Email Brenda Daley Giuseppin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting the pic of the mural Steve.
I forgot my camera, so I never go any pictures.
It will look even better once the white on the
bottom is cut off.

--------------------
Ottawa Custom Signs
Stittsville, Ontario

Posts: 346 | From: Stittsville, ON | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Payne

Member # 344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Payne   Author's Homepage   Email Pete Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had a great time at Feb Fever, nice to get to talk face to face will all (well, MOST) of you! Kids really had a blast, and i think i finally proved to them that i'm normal and sane, at least by comparison. Seems funny that we have to drive 7 hours to talk one on one with people within an hour of here! thanks again Rodger, and it's McMUNN, not MacMUNN, sometime i'll tell you how i know

--------------------
Pete Payne
Willowlake Design/Canadian Signcrafters
Bayfield, ON

Canadian Signcrafters

Posts: 619 | From: Bayfield, ON Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Payne

Member # 344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Payne   Author's Homepage   Email Pete Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
p.s. did anyone get a pic of my kids, especially but not only the glass gilding?

--------------------
Pete Payne
Willowlake Design/Canadian Signcrafters
Bayfield, ON

Canadian Signcrafters

Posts: 619 | From: Bayfield, ON Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some photo's of the kids Pete, hard at work [Applause]

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2374 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Murray MacDonald
Visitor
Member # 3558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Murray MacDonald   Email Murray MacDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Pete-
You may want to check with Kelly - she was taking some pics of the girls as they were assistant wall puppies!
Deb

--------------------
Murray MacDonald
OldTime Signs
529 Third Ave S
Kenora, ON.
P9N 1Y3
oldtimesigns@gokenora.com

Posts: 781 | From: Kenora, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, a couple of great looking murals there folks. Nice to see the children jumping in too. Ya did a fine job Rodger, Sharon, et al.
For those of you wondering about Mur's unique carving technique, his previous carving tool was a sharp stone. [Wink] Amazing what you can shape out with a piece of Zinc Ore and a chunk of Blister Copper, hey Mur? Who needs Lee Valley Tools? [Rolling On The Floor]
Can't wait to see y'all in Moose Jaw.... hmm just a little flash back to Dixie there. [Smile]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4350 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pierre Tardif
Resident

Member # 3229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pierre Tardif   Author's Homepage   Email Pierre Tardif   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two thumbs up to Rodger for hosting what looks to have been a great letterheads meet!!

So bad we heard of it when everything's done...

Keep the letterheads spirit alive! well...

--------------------
Pierre Tardif
P. Tardif Inc.
1006 boul. PIE-XI sud Val-Belair
QC. Canada G3K 1L2
418-847-4089
pierre@ptardif.com

Posts: 800 | From: Quebec city | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bill riedel
Resident

Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bill riedel   Author's Homepage   Email bill riedel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Pierre, Rodger did a great job of hosting, it was a very productive meet. I had the honor of being there on my birthday and they presented a beautiful plaque and sang happy birthday, what a treat.
Pat Welter out did himself with a beautiful mural and Brenda worked harder than anyone on her mural, very fancy. They used paint that is good for over a hundred years.

--------------------
Bill Riedel
Riedel Sign Co., Inc.
15 Warren Street
Little Ferry, N.J. 07643
billsr@riedelsignco.com

Posts: 2953 | From: Little Ferry, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!