Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Summa/FlexiSign tracking problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Summa/FlexiSign tracking problem
Patrick Whatley
Resident

Member # 2008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick Whatley   Email Patrick Whatley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I love my Summa plotter. We've cut entire 50 yard rolls of vinyl at one time with no problems.

Recently though I'm having an issue. When I send a job to the plotter it's cutting the centers of all the letters first. If I send a 15' long job it cuts the centers of the letters for all 15', rolls back to the beginning and then cuts the outside.

By the time it gets to the end the vinyl has shifted enough to cut the centers off center.

What got changed to make it work that way? Somewhere along the way I've obviously changed some setting I can't find. I want it to cut the center of the letter at the same time it cuts the outline.

Any clue?

--------------------
Pat Whatley
Montgomery, AL
(334) 262-7446 office
(334) 324-8465 cell

Posts: 1306 | From: Wetumpka, AL USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Cole
Visitor
Member # 477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Cole   Email Robert Cole   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Patric:
I don't have the answer, but it seems like the Flexi is overriding your preferences set up in the summa. I would look in the preference settings for Flexi, and see if you can turn them off for your cutter.

Bob C.

--------------------
Bob Cole
American Sign Company
14163 Akron Canfield Rd.
Berlin Center, Ohio 44401

A.K.A. Vinylman®

Posts: 575 | From: Berlin Center, Ohio, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris OBrien
Visitor
Member # 5409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris OBrien   Author's Homepage   Email Chris OBrien       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes when I run into that problem in SignLab, the "sort by nearest source" button (which is in the plot setup options) became unchecked, which basically makes it cut from the next nearest shape, which in your case would be the center or outline of the letter. Im sure Flexi is different, but maybe that will help...

[ November 15, 2006, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Chris OBrien ]

Posts: 183 | From: Cape Cod MA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick Whatley
Resident

Member # 2008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick Whatley   Email Patrick Whatley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kicking the table, shutting down the computer, sacrificing a Beanie Baby, and restarting everything seems to have fixed it for now.

--------------------
Pat Whatley
Montgomery, AL
(334) 262-7446 office
(334) 324-8465 cell

Posts: 1306 | From: Wetumpka, AL USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom Bahr
Visitor
Member # 2925

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Bahr   Email Tom Bahr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Patrick, it might be that the "Optimize cutting order" box is unchecked? It's in the cut/plot manager under the advanced tab. You can set the parameters,(the furthest distance the blade will travel between cuts) if the box is checked.

--------------------
Tom Bahr
Custom Signs of St. Cloud, Inc.
St. Cloud, MN
320-255-0588
tbahr@astound.net

Posts: 71 | From: St. Cloud, MN | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!