Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » collecting recievables

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: collecting recievables
Brenda Daley Giuseppin
Visitor
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brenda Daley Giuseppin   Author's Homepage   Email Brenda Daley Giuseppin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK - I've had enough of people not paying me! I've spent the morning getting snoty calling customers to get thier butts down here..pick up their **** and pay me! Yeah, I'm grouchy today. Takes a lot for me to get to this point...but I'm here!
Anyhow, I'm going to post a sign in the shop for payment. I guess no one can read my contracts...lol.
This is the wording I working on...but it seems so "harsh". Suggestions are welcome on how to word this so that it still is professional and serious but also not too harsh.

" All orders require 50% deposit. Balance is due upond completion or delivery. Classic Graphics will hold orders until full payment has been recieved.
Thank you, Management.

--------------------
Ottawa Custom Signs
Stittsville, Ontario

Posts: 346 | From: Stittsville, ON | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Wisdom
Resident

Member # 6193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Wisdom   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Wisdom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Brenda.

Sounds like you are heading in the right direction. I have added the same to mine.

All items listed in this proposal remain property of "your company" until paid in full. 50% non-refundable down payment required, balance due on completion. All material is guaranteed to be as specified. All work is to be completed in a workman like manner according to standard practices. Any deviation from the above specifications involving extra costs will only be executed upon written order, and will become an extra charge over and above this estimate. All agreements contingent upon accidents or delays beyond our control. Sign permits are responsibility of "your name or client" and will be an additional charge, unless previously arranged by client. "Your company name" accepts no responsibility for installing signs without permits. Designs / layouts produced by "your company" remain the copyrighted property of "your company" and may not be copied at any time without written permission. A minimum charge of $200 will be billed for design time if this design is reproduced by individuals other than "your company"

Recently I had a client that said they would have the balance ready when I delivered the sign. After delivering they said I needed to bill the main office...... I learned I need to call first and tell them the sign is ready, they can pick it up when they have final payment.

Hope this helps!

--------------------
Jeff Wisdom
SignWorks
info@oregonsignworks.com

Posts: 450 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, that looks great! Can I borrow it?

Brenda, I know the feeling. I'm real good about the 50% dep. & the exceptions I do make have been for the right long standing repeat clients... but the folks who leave the sign & the unpaid balance for a week or two always get me a little angry too.

On your wording, maybe lose the "or delivery" part. I wouldn't think you want too many people seeing that & asking for delivery, & besides, "completion" covers it! (& covers it sooner)

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brenda Daley Giuseppin
Visitor
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brenda Daley Giuseppin   Author's Homepage   Email Brenda Daley Giuseppin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of great points there Jeff. Do you mind if I steel some of your wording. I'm also working on new contracts and work orders that I would like to use some of the wording you have.

Doug, great point about the delivery!!!! I will take that off my sign wording! [Smile]

--------------------
Ottawa Custom Signs
Stittsville, Ontario

Posts: 346 | From: Stittsville, ON | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya,, then they will expect you to deliver it when they should be picking it up.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Wisdom
Resident

Member # 6193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Wisdom   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Wisdom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
Sure you can use anything I have. I created it from some of the info on some of the postings I searched and acquired, just combined into something that works well for me.
I also have work order forms, contracts and estimate forms available, in corel draw or pdf format, just let me know what you would like.

--------------------
Jeff Wisdom
SignWorks
info@oregonsignworks.com

Posts: 450 | From: Oregon | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!