Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » MICROMEET/ BIG THANKS!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MICROMEET/ BIG THANKS!
Robin Sharrard
Resident

Member # 388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Sharrard   Email Robin Sharrard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to say thanks, and reinforce what we already know, that Ron and Kristie Percell are some special people! They, along with their family, hosted another wonderful MICRO MEET, this passed weekend, that was full of projects, that included glue chipping, Gold and Silver leafing, hand painting, and even a touch of acid etching. The food was GREAT! New folks learned a lot and the rest of us just shared our experiance, and had a great time. Ron and Kristie's hospitality, in my book is among the best in the world...and ya couldn't ask for a better vender! Thank you! Robin Sharrard

--------------------
Robin Sharrard
Sharrard Graphics & Sign
Fallon, Nevada
rds@phonewave.net
"Proud $$$ Supporter"

Posts: 282 | From: Fallon, Nevda, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya forgot to tell'm how shaky I am Robin [Smile]

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto from us (Si, Marty, Steve & Barb)...it was a great meet....as usual!

[Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8827 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Sharrard
Resident

Member # 388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Sharrard   Email Robin Sharrard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya Joey...til the brush hit the side of the car, and I ain't never seen a straighter line! OH wait, maybe Frank's... Sure was good to see ya there! Robin

--------------------
Robin Sharrard
Sharrard Graphics & Sign
Fallon, Nevada
rds@phonewave.net
"Proud $$$ Supporter"

Posts: 282 | From: Fallon, Nevda, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joey, I hadn't seen you around here for a few days... I thought you might be hanging out with Willie on the tour bus...
Willie's Wasted...

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also must say it was a great meet, Ron and Kristi are the greatest! It was good to see some of the regulars and met some new people and finally got to meet Joey Madden. had breakfast with him and Frank Magoo and the famous Scotty dog. Kristen the pancakes were great.
Cattlemens restaurant was also fun, Big John and Ron are quite a team, they had us laughing while waiting for our food. Rita sends her regards and really enjoyed herself for her first meet...

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meeting that Russ McMullin dude from Utah was a nice experience, he's sure to become a icon with his willingness to learn different aspects of this trade and he's got lots of talent.

Rich Stebbing was a pleasure to meet and he sure does nice stuff as was Big John who I rode with to the cattlemans place, John is a vehicle artist from Medford now living down there. I also met up with Steve and Barb for the first time and Steve has a great feel for the brush with his casual script even though he said he was a little rusty, I even got to sign his leather case. Of course Si and Marty were there and I got to lay on a couple a'lines myself but neither compared to the talent that was there and oh yeah, I saw Magoo and he loves me, had breakfast with Cisco and frank and he also brought a real Icon to the meet for an afternoon, Nat Quick [Applause] Ol'timers should remember Nat Quick as he is truly an Icon in the vehicle hand lettering and of airbrush chrome lettering fame.

Met up with Rose Davidson, a newer Letterhead who was doing a gold panel that she'll eventually get the hang of, right Rose?

And Cisco brought his gal and she was awesome and I need a piece of wedding cake to change my luck, get it together Cisco [Embarrassed]

Ron, Kristie and family sure know how to throw a party with more coals on the fire then the devil himself and thier young friend and co worker Fernando is awesome. Their store is filled with more different kinds of gold, brushes and books which they sell on Letterhead sign supply then I've ever seen in one place, they are true inspirations.

I know my memory is bad and forgot alot'a names but I drove too many miles for an ol'guy. I'll probably remember all the persons I've met as I start relaxing in my own enviroment in the next couple days.

BTW, I remove my post to post here after I got more sleep and I'm still tired

[ September 19, 2006, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: Joey Madden ]

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wish I had more time to post some pics, but we're about to catch a plane to New Zealand. Here's a couple.

-

-

-

-

-

Stay tuned. More to come after we change locations.

[ September 19, 2006, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Steve Shortreed ]

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...is it me or is Magoo getting younger?
Must be the clams.
Have fun kiddos.
Looks like it was a great time.
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sure was a fun weekend. You really can't beat being surrounded by great people, working the glass and gold, eating great food and sharing lots of laughs. Ron and Kristi, thanks so much for a terrific weekend.

I also learned that Joey isn't such a bad guy after all. [Smile] Joey, thanks for showing me your work. I really enjoyed it.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that group picture really got me...i missed a Good Time! Better Get There next year!, and see the new Shop/Store too

John [Big Grin]

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrienne Pereira
Visitor
Member # 1046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adrienne Pereira   Email Adrienne Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Man!!! So many familiar faces....sorry I missed it.
And to think I coulda met 'Joeypeeps' in person!!!!Dang!

A:)

--------------------
Adrienne Pereira
Splash Signs

Port Angeles, WA
----------------
"Sure, it's colder in the Northwest, but...it's a damp cold!"

360-477-5656
splashsigns@msn.com

Posts: 4868 | From: Port Angeles, Washington, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, sorry I missed this one. Next year Ron!
Looks like a great group, I'm especially sorry I missed the opportunity to see Steve and Barb again. It's been too long.

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich Stebbing
Visitor
Member # 368

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich Stebbing   Email Rich Stebbing   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, not only are Ron and Kristi great hosts, but it is a family affair for them involving their daughters and Mom too! All gracious hosts.
It was good to see people I have not seen in at least in a couple of years, and always great to meet new people like Joey,Frank,& Rose. It was nice that Kimberley brings her daughter Sam(the youth movement) to these events. The dinners I attended were really fun(Kristi had Birthday Cake). To see Steve and Barb was great surprise as well. My whole weekend was great. Thank you All!

--------------------
Rich Stebbing
RichSigns
Rohnert Park CA
707-795-5588

Posts: 755 | From: Rohnert Park, CA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Percell's not nly host a fabulous gathering, but as mentioned, a family event. The flavor of the meet always invites me to be part of their family and my family to be theirs. Relationships there are valued as well as quality craftsmanship. It's the easiest meet I ever attend to leave egos at home without even thinking about it.

Thank you Ron, Kristi, Kiersten, Allyssa, Ginger and the rest of whom made it such fine moments.

Also, thank you Cat Kennedy for your help defining my day.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6713 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry White
Resident

Member # 3999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry White   Author's Homepage   Email Larry White   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Well Rondog, that was swell! Thanks for putting on a great meet! And thanks for the nice art too! Actually got the darn thing done while I was there. I think that is a first for me. Little parking lot chemical lounge helped. Got it hangin' up here in Machine already. Hey, good wedge of beef, we kinda took over the place. Guess now I need to finish the other commemorative piece now. But, thanks again and we'll get together soon and do some acid.
-Mr. Black

--------------------
Larry White
Town of Machine
www.walljewelry.com
whitel@iname.com

Posts: 36 | From: Machine | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never being one to gloat, I'm certainly not going to here.....ya right, nanner-nanner-nanner!!!! What a great time!!!! the Percell's are the best, I know, everyone says that of their hosts, but Ron/Kristi have a special way of doing it, and "it" being that little nuance that makes a good time, a great time!!!! (like letting Rich Steblin know it was her birthday, how else would he have known Kristi?)(heheheh)

I'm not from the glass world, but you wouldn't have known it from treatment recieved from talent attending, very gracious folks and talented (goes w/o saying)

I had the privledge of inviting my longtime friend, Nat Quick and bringn' him to shop on Sunday, we'd (Nat and I)planned on doing it Sat., but business for Nat got in way, as he was off lettering/striping rig for 27 yr. client, not a bad customer loyalty huh?

The weather was perfect, almost illusional in nature, you know, "too good to be true".....got to veiw for first time, Lodi CD of Cisco's, haven't had that good a laugh in a longtime, great job Cisco, good luck on future ventures in that line....I'm still hammered from trip, names are alluding me, just suffice to say, a good time was enjoyed by all, as all were good ppl. having a great time....there, how's that?

btw, Cisco, shot of Steve's? Scotty is checking out your girlfriend, I told you he knows a fox when he sees one!!!!! hahahahahaha

[Applause] [Applause] [Applause] [Cool]

--------------------
Frank Magoo,
Magoo's-Las Vegas; fmagoo@netzero.com
"the only easy day was yesterday"

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose Davidson
Visitor
Member # 6168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rose Davidson   Author's Homepage   Email Rose Davidson       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!] WOW, and I DO mean WOW!!! [Eek!]
I am still buzzin from the weekend!
As nervous as I was to meet all these people, I did manage to learn tons of new stuff in the meantime...
Many thanks to Kimberly for her "good egg" assessment of me,
to Kristi for believing her and the halo nudge,
to Si for giving me a hard time from the get-go,
to Barb for introducing me around and enduring my chopsticks wielding demo,
to Robin for taking me under his wing by guiding me and lending me tools and supplies,
to Ron for taking the time to explain the processes and gently pushing me further,
to Samantha for reminding me how to learn: freely,
to Russ for letting me lay questions on him and gold on his truck,
to Mayor Steve for inquiring about my braid,
to Rick & Megan for neighborly 'Bot-talk,
to Jim Ingram for calmly reminding me of my humble father,
to Marty for her no-nonsense views,
to Fernando for his bemused creativity,
to Big John who also let me admire his stunning eyes,
to Frank Magoo for hugging me and not killing Joey,
to Melinda for the shiny-side up refresher,
to Rich for the adventurous funny tales,
to Larry for letting me shoulder peer & along with
Karen for giving me a major NewYear'sEveParty flashback,
to Gary for offering to teach me hand carving - (honest Ian, there just wasn't enough time),
to Joey for being Exactly how I imagined...except taller,
to Steve V. for demonstrating how to enthusiastically blast thru projects,
to Gail for emulating a more graceful model of disappointment than I could muster when project results were not as anticipated,
to Frank (?) for keeping the faith and Feiros alive,
to Dawn for being bubbly and brave by persevering through bandages,
to Greg, whose amazement at all the eye-candy matched my own,
to Helen'sHaywardSon for demonstrating that cheek whiskers can charge a gilder's tip just fine,
to Rita for showing me how a first-timer behave,
to FranCisco for finally sharing Rita with the rest of us,
to the Percell's daughters K & A and the
young pinstriper/welder dude for swirling along in their own zone,
to Scottie the Wonder Dog for being...well, wonderful.

If I missed anybody, it was purely due to being overwhelmed.
[Thanks] so much everyone for including me... I’m honored.
After meeting all these wonderful folks, and experiencing the family-style sense of community,
I have started to pack my bags, I’m movin’ to Letterville! [Smile]
Anybody know nice quiet street? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Rose Davidson
Sleeper Woods Design
Honoring Tradition with Technology
Lakeport, CA 95435

Posts: 104 | From: Lake County, California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I forgot to mention about meeting up with old friends. Rick Sacks, Rich Stebbings, Si Allen, It's hard for me to stop and name everyone. But those two guys I met way back in San Jose. Si back in '98. and a few others I known for a while.
Steve and Barb were very cool, she gave me the empties cig packs, because I never saw a Canadian cig pack label. I'll post a pic of it later, way different then ours and I don't smoke cigs.

Magoo, thanks for the compliment on the Lodi DVD. I am glad you finally got to see it. I noticed you couldn't pull any one out of Ron's full office when it was showing. That was a good feeling.
Oh by the way for anyone else, there is still a few Limited Editions left, you can get them thru Ron and Kristi's Letterhead Sign Supply.
Also great shots Kimberly and Russ.

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristi Percell
Merchant

Member # 255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kristi Percell   Author's Homepage   Email Kristi Percell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We want to Thank everyone who attended this year!

It's the folks that attend the Micro Meet,
that make it so rewarding.

Russ, Great photos!

Thanks to Our Friends
Kristi & Ron

--------------------
Kristi Percell
2013 Bodega Ave
Petaluma, CA 94952

Letterhead Sign Supply
and Percell Signs
Home of the "MicroMeet"

Posts: 352 | From: Petaluma, CA USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!