Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Thank you, Georgia.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thank you, Georgia.
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the gears all packed, the trailer's waiting at Uhaul for tomorrow morning and the road north lies ahead. After 9 months here in the Peach State, it's quite simply time to go home. Being away from Celeste, Gump and Sarah has finally run it's limit. I came here looking for a new direction for my career and some doors have opened, but not as many as I'd hoped.

Some of the highlights...

Being able to sit down a spell with Sonny and Dusty and not feel so out of place. Thanks guys!

PiZings...my home away from home. Thanks to Lonnie, Margie, Larry and all the regulars.

Meeting singer/songwriter Joe South. I've been singing the Deep Purple version of "Hush" (one of Joe's many hits) for years at karoke nights and he's a great guy.

Joining the pinstripers in February and later hanging with the "paint gang" at the International Car Show, both at the Georgia World Congress Center. Atlanta is a world class city. Special thanks to Kevin and Matt at One Shot for letting me dive into both events.

Working with, Billy, "Biscut", Chris, Troy, Robbie, Danny, Billy Joe, and all of the gang at Jackson County Streetrods these last few months.
It's not only been fun, but I've made some good friends there I'm never going to forget.
Southern hospitality is the best!

And most of all Karen "Kwunchie" Wunch who has helped me so much. There are very few people in this world who are willing to give of themselves without hesitation, but Karen's support, kindness and patience with my occasional fits has been nothing short of phenominal. She's got a heart bigger than Georgia itself.
Thanks a ton, roomie!

There's no place like home...catch you all after the red shoes kick in.
Clickin' my heels.........
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ray..After having had the privelidge of meeting you at Jill's meet last year..

I am sure that you will be leaving Georgia with as much of a positive impression of you as you have gotten from them..

YOU are a positive person!!!

Hope I said that correctly.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8880 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Georgia will never be the same - happy trails, Rapid..... see you again at the Dixie Meet in October.

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawud Shaheed
Visitor
Member # 5719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawud Shaheed   Author's Homepage   Email Dawud Shaheed       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, from a guy who just left South Carolina and is now back in Massachusetts,(where I'm from)

(even though I don't know you)
Welcome back, Rapid. It smells different down there. I hope the ride was worth it.

--------------------
Dawud Shaheed
Sign Scientist
Durham (triangle area) N.C
919 685 7641
signscientist@aol.com
www.signscientist.com

Posts: 1158 | From: durham (triangle area) NC | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Berry
Visitor
Member # 2604

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Berry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drive safely Ray. We welcome you back home!!! Look out New Hampshire...he's back!

--------------------
Mike Berry
New England

Posts: 534 | From: New England | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Continue your travels safely, Rapid!

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But whatever you do...DON'T SPEED!
I just got back from two weeks down there...man it's HOT.
love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang it Ray, we never got together. I hope you can make it down in October for Sonny's meet. The heat this year is exceptionally hot, not at all typical of most years. Have a safe and happy trip back hom; I know you miss the family. Hopefully you got some answers down here in Dixie and enjoyed your time here. Don't forget to take some peaches with you; they are just about gone now.

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad you are going home to be with your family, Ray. And the way you talk about Gump, I bet he misses you & needs you, they all do!

Have a safe trip home!

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sal Cabrera
Visitor
Member # 1236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sal Cabrera   Author's Homepage   Email Sal Cabrera   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Ray have a nice trip and drive safe.
Do not forget to stop and smell the flowers around you.

Take care!
Sal....

--------------------
Sal Cabrera
Signs By Sal
New Freedom , PA

The goal of Yesterday will be the Stating Point of Tomorrow!

Posts: 686 | From: New Freedom , PA US | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimmy Fitzgerald
Visitor
Member # 5109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimmy Fitzgerald   Email Kimmy Fitzgerald       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ray,

If you need a place to crash on your way up north ...we have a Room for you!

.....Have a safe trip..See you soon!

--------------------
Kimberly Fitzgerald

Posts: 149 | From: Marblehead, Ma | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancie W. Phillips
Resident

Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancie W. Phillips   Author's Homepage   Email Nancie W. Phillips   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well darn Ray!... I didn't get 2 meet you in person either. Hope you'll be back for the meet in October...
Nevertheless, Happy trails.

--------------------
Nancie W. Phillips
White Dove Painting Studio
74 Dacula Road,
Dacula, GA 30019
678-887-3339

www.nanciephillips.com

"Three words describe life...'It goes on'"- Robert Frost

Posts: 919 | From: Metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dusty Campbell
Visitor
Member # 4601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dusty Campbell   Email Dusty Campbell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to have met you, and even though we didn't hang out much, I count you as a friend. Thanks for putting a striping brush in my hand, and leaving it with me no less. Little gestures like that mean alot to me. Thanks.

Wishing you safe travel. Talk to you soon.

--------------------
Industrious

Posts: 1032 | From: Athens, GA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cis Pack
Resident

Member # 2011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cis Pack   Email Cis Pack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had ice cream with Ray as he is making his way back home. He helped me with my computer and we just talked for about 1 1/2 hours. It was a thrill to meet my first letterhead and I think he has talked me into going to the Oct. Meet. I don't have the talent everyone else has and that has kept me away. Ray said it didn't matter just to come and learn. What I have learned has come from this board because there is not another sign person in the area unless they are competition. They won't share any secrets. I will look for someone to ride with and share the fun. Thanks to Ray.

--------------------
Cynthia Pack
246 Diamondview Loop
Galax, Va. 24333

Posts: 659 | From: Galax, Virginia USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Made it home safe and sound...
...and probably a few pounds thinner, too.

Thanks for the ice cream, Cis. It was a pleasure meeting you and Woody.

Thanks also to Checkers and Steve for a great time last night in PA.

Temperastures were floating at or above 100 degrees the whole way so I opted to push it a little and finish the trip during the cooler night hours. Got in about 6 AM and grabbed a few winks before heading out to the shop. With all the rain up here in New Egland over the last few months, there was a little flooding here and there's a little more work to do before getting back into full time biz again.

Oh well. No rest for the weary...
[Wink]
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkers
Resident

Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkers   Author's Homepage   Email Checkers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Ray,
I'm glad you got home ok.
Chatting over dinner was a blast.
Let me know, ahead of time next time, when you're passing through and I'll order some better weather for ya [Smile]

Cheers,

Checkers

--------------------
a.k.a. Brian Born
www.CheckersCustom.com
Harrisburg, Pa
Work Smart, Play Hard

Posts: 3775 | From: Harrisburg, Pa. U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
William Holohan
Visitor
Member # 2514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for William Holohan   Email William Holohan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cis Pac,
Ray is a gem of a gent. Go to the meet(s). Great sign painting ability is not a necessity. I have none at all and have always felt more than welcome at the meets I've been lucky enough to attend.
You will absolutely come away from any meet a more knowledgeable sign writer. Even better than that, you WILL meet and become friends with some of the nicest people in the world.

--------------------
William "Irish" Holohan
Resting...Read "Between Jobs."
Marlboro, MA 01752
email: firemap1@aol.com

Posts: 1110 | From: Marlboro, MA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!