Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » (OT) What is your dream vacation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: (OT) What is your dream vacation
Danny Rhodes
Visitor
Member # 6325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Danny Rhodes   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every year my wife Fay & I spend Christmas in Jamaica, and right now I am dreaming and longing for December 16th to get here so I can lay back on the beach with that Rum Punch.

--------------------
Danny Rhodes
Art Plus Signs & Screenprinting
Goldsboro, NC

Posts: 6 | From: Goldsboro, NC | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, to be in Goldsboro, NC right now. That's my dream.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I almost got to run away to Erie today to sit in the water to cool off, but nope, missed that opportunity.

If I could, I would take off to the mountains where the moss, rocks, pine trees & creeks await! YES!

...Or....be stranded on a deserted island with my hubby with white sand & blue ocean water on the shore!!!! Yep, palm trees too, oh you Florida people have it made!

The ULTIMATE dream vacation, tho, for me, would be to go to Israel. I know, sounds nuts, but I have wanted to go since I was a little girl & want to go more even now.

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dream.... coming soon.... Home Exchange in NZ during our Winter Olympics in 2010....

bike riding in Belgium, aahhh, the Beer...

Fall and early Winter in the Laurentians, for the Colours

back to the 4 Corners area....

all in good time

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Davie
Visitor
Member # 2172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Davie   Email Jason Davie       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goldsboro?

I was stationed there back in the 90's I loved it there would love to move back...

Jason D

--------------------
Jason Davie
193 Front Street
Deposit, NY 13754

Posts: 976 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if it's my ultimate vacation destination, but I really like the Oregon coast.

Beliz is a place I've always wanted to visit.

I spent a week in Mexico City and had a great time. Teotihuacan was amazing, and the little town of Tasco was so charming. I'd love to go back.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bass fishin' Just about anywhere.
Cumberland lake or Monroe in Indiana,
whatever.
And...never come back
Oh, Lake McConauhey, out of Ogalala,Nebraska.
Great Smallmouth fishin'.

Jack

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoisting a few pints across the UK with some blokes I wanna meet there.
Manti Utah, and Australia!

Stevo

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Jantz
Resident

Member # 6137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Jantz   Author's Homepage   Email Jon Jantz       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A week in Grand Cayman. We were just there about 3 months ago for 8 days and can't wait to go back.

Good food, laid back atmosphere and awesome snorkeling on the coral reefs.

--------------------
Jon Jantz
Snappysign.com
jjantz21@gmail.com
http://www.allcw.com

Posts: 3395 | From: Atmore, AL | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also would like to see some of the ruins in central America like Cholula, Teotihuacan, Palenque, Chichen Itza, Tikal, etc. Some of the Mayan ruins are in Belize too, Russ. I would like to see all of the USA.

I would really like to travel around the world.
Too many places, too little time.
I think seeing Israel would be just awesome, Bobbie.
I was reading awhile back in National Geographic about the excavation of the Philistine city of Ashkelon. That is so cool.
I'm an Archaeology nut.

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7404 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It did visit Tikal once Wayne. It was fantastic. Right in the middle of the jungle in Guatemala.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Stevo, if you ever make it to Manti, you'd better look me up. I'm not too far away.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if all goes to plan I might be there some time at the end of the year! My sis lives in Scottsdale and I want to do a drive up there to Roth's.

Stevo

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A dream vacation for me, would be floating on a cabin boat, in any lake in the world that is secuded, quiet, full of fishing, barbequeing in the boat, frig full of Bohemias, and having fun with my Husband in the cabin.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3820 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Androsky
Visitor
Member # 2806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jonathan Androsky   Email Jonathan Androsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really want to climb Everest. When I say climb, I mean summit, not one of those cheesy guided tour things up to Camp 1.

I'd love to take a trip on the Orient Express too.

--------------------
Jon Androsky

Posts: 438 | From: Williamsport, PA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Modzel
Resident

Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Modzel   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Modzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fishing, anywhere. Flyrod on the saltwater flats, tropical rivers, jigging halibut in Alaska. Stripers in the reservoirs. Salmon fishing in Lake Michigan, oh, that's right, I live there.

I did get to fish offshore in Costa Rica last December which was amazing but one other trip down there would be great. They have week long dirt bike tours through the forests and mountains. Each night you stay at a different hotel. That would be a blast.

Guess I has alot to do with not working too. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Bill Modzel
Mod-Zel screen Printing
Traverse city, MI
modzel@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1357 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Lynch
Resident

Member # 3815

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Lynch   Email Bill Lynch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
West coast of Ireland

--------------------
Bill Lynch
Century Sign
Hamden, CT
centurysign@snet.net

Posts: 1126 | From: Hamden, CT | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel are all great right at Christmas. It's a nice getaway, while they do celebrate Christmas you'd never guess it from walking around town because they don't go overboard with the decorations and advertising. It's also less humid that time of year so another big plus. Cozumel has Mayan ruins and not to mention some of the best water for diving and snorkeling.

I'd also like to go to Australia - Gold Coast! and while in the area visit Fiji too.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Androsky
Visitor
Member # 2806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jonathan Androsky   Email Jonathan Androsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen to that Bill L! My wife and I honeymooned in Ireland. The west coast is one of my favorite places on earth.

[ July 21, 2006, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Jonathan Androsky ]

--------------------
Jon Androsky

Posts: 438 | From: Williamsport, PA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taking the space shuttle to the moon; that would be the ultimate dream vacation for me. No ants, no crowds, no mustard, all inclusive, no... mustard? Dang, gotta go back.

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are places I'd like to visit.
In Europe that would be Denmark and Vienna. Maybe Italy.

Hawaii sounds nice.
Belize too.

I absolutely LOVED Banff Canada, and would like to see Whistler. (I think that's the name)

I used to have wanderlust, but these days I really like hanging close to home. Mini vacations to me include the Keys, and Anna Maria Island, to name a couple.

Or, just 20 minutes away is the beach
and mere minutes away is a good escape in my kayak! [Smile]

Everyday could be a vacation, if I made the time for it. [Smile]

~nettie

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonny's Dixie meet!
(& a surf jaunt to Fiji)

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimmy Fitzgerald
Visitor
Member # 5109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimmy Fitzgerald   Email Kimmy Fitzgerald       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say that my dream vacation would be to take Ken to all the places I have been....I really like Bryce Canyon and Lake Powell here in the states.

Southern France....Not ...the yuppy Southern France but the Periniese Mountains......St. Marie Del "'Mere in Provance....

I also would like him to experience South Island NZ...I cannot explain the Beauty ....those Zealander are Lucky people.

If ...Ken is so inclined....I would love to hit Belize....it's just becoming touristy......so, get there while you can,,,I hear the Diving is incredible

[ July 21, 2006, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Kimmy Fitzgerald ]

--------------------
Kimberly Fitzgerald

Posts: 149 | From: Marblehead, Ma | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sharing some Wombat stew, and Kangaroo with my buddy Rod Tickle and Co. down unda......Tim Tam's soaked with coffee (straw style) for dessert of course!

South Australia Dreamin'!

Da color-blind monkey crew!

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick Whatley
Resident

Member # 2008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patrick Whatley   Email Patrick Whatley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
35' catamaran and about three years to get anywhere ought to just about cover it.

--------------------
Pat Whatley
Montgomery, AL
(334) 262-7446 office
(334) 324-8465 cell

Posts: 1306 | From: Wetumpka, AL USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Patrick..I'd agree with you if it was a monohull with a lead keel, and we were 25 years younger!!!

At this point in our life, we are kinda living our dream vacation. 3 months in a condo on the beach in the State of Yucatan, Mexico in the winter and 9 months back in Canada for the nicer months.

The MOST perfect vacation will come when we reverse the periods of time!

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8885 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim Moser
Visitor
Member # 6526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim Moser   Email Jim Moser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to ship my motorcycle to Italy and spend at least a month.....

--------------------
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain !
Jim Moser Design
13342 C Grass Valley Ave.
Grass Valley, Ca. 95945
530-273-7615 jwmoser@att.net

Posts: 488 | From: Grass Valley, Ca. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing the Sistene Chapel with my own eyes.

Gotta admire a walldogger like Michaelangelo...upsidedown is HARD!!!!!

Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carl Wood
Visitor
Member # 1223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carl Wood   Email Carl Wood       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave - whut's age got to do with it? I was privelaged to look over three of what they call, "cat boats" the other day at Pickwick - awesome water craft - 60 feet of premium fiberglass & horsepower - one of 'em was a world record holder in it's class - almost 200 m.p.h. . . . . .they say it's as smooth as an aircraft at that speed on the water- I haven't had the pleasure of being on-board - not sure I would want to - $700,000 speed boat -burns a hundred gallons of fuel an hour- - - dude looked at my little 'ol 13.5' Boston Whaler behind my truck & said - "What is that? A bath-tub toy??? - -I could only laugh & say - I could sell 2 houses like the one I live in & still not be able to buy that boat !!!
obnoxious display of wealth & power. . . .

[ July 22, 2006, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: Carl Wood ]

--------------------
Carl Wood
Olive Branch, Ms

Posts: 1392 | From: Olive Branch,MS USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carl..I was refering to sailboats!!!! [Smile] They take a bit more "work".

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8885 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!