Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » OMG, I have to try this!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OMG, I have to try this!
Doug Phillips
Visitor
Member # 5708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Phillips   Email Doug Phillips       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had never seen this product discussed before, so if it's old news just give me a quick wrap on the knuckles with a ruler. LOL

Electric Vinyl -- see video demos HERE

Lots of neat ideas already flowing in my head for this product!

Anyone had any experience with this stuff?

Be sure to check out their other products too. Neat stuff!

[ July 12, 2006, 03:25 AM: Message edited by: Doug Phillips ]

--------------------
Doug Phillips
Denali Design Signs & Tees
Anchorage, Alaska

Posts: 316 | From: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miles Cullinane
Resident

Member # 980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miles Cullinane   Email Miles Cullinane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is incredible, it has to be the neatest lighting system out there.

thanks for the links [Smile]

--------------------
Miles Cullinane,
Cork, Ireland.

From the sometimes sunny south of Ireland,

Posts: 913 | From: Cork, Ireland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg McRoberts
Resident

Member # 3501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg McRoberts   Email Greg McRoberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VERY, very cool!

--------------------
Greg McRoberts
MacSign
Dayton, Ohio

Posts: 388 | From: Dayton, Ohio USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Racz
Visitor
Member # 4376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Racz   Email Steve Racz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent! Thanks Doug.

--------------------
Steve Racz
Racz's Handcarved Signs

Posts: 1078 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Davie
Visitor
Member # 2172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Davie   Email Jason Davie       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is awesome.. I have so many ideas in my head right now.. Thanks for the link!!

--------------------
Jason Davie
193 Front Street
Deposit, NY 13754

Posts: 976 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Milne
Visitor
Member # 4621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Milne   Email Rick Milne       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not really a vinyl, but a flexible illuminated sheet. Here's more:

http://www.e-lite.com

Rick

--------------------
Rick
Tam Arte Design Studio
Downingtown, PA
milne2@msn.com

Posts: 278 | From: Downingtown, PA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill Steblyna
Visitor
Member # 6642

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill Steblyna   Email Jill Steblyna       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link,the possibilities are mind blowing

--------------------
Jill Steblyna
Commonwealth Displays
Burnaby,B C Canada

Posts: 7 | From: Burnaby,B C ,Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I've seen electroluminescent sheeting before.

There are some other ones available that you can cut into any shape you want then attach wires and they still work.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a great product. We'd love to have them here in Letterville as Merchants. We can call them, but anyone of you can do the same. You are all Letterville Sales Reps.

If you sell them on becoming Letterville Merchants, and have them mention you by name when they call, we'll send you $50 US to have a dinner on Barb and Steve, or use whatever way you want. It's not a bad deal for making a call.

So how do you sell them on Letterville?

First of all you send them to the post where they have been given a free plug. Let them know that 10,000 or more sign shops will see that post today alone. Explain to them that they can continue to reach that audience for as little as $500US a year! That's 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

If they have ever tried advertising via mail, magazine, trade show, or anything else, they will immediately get very excited or think you have the price wrong. That's when you tell them to call up Barb at 519-787-2673. We'll take it from there.

Don't forget. Have them mention your name.

BTW Doug. I can't get any of the phone numbers on their website to work. It may be something to do with me being in Canada. You still have time to beat us to the punch! [Smile]

[ July 12, 2006, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Steve Shortreed ]

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Phillips
Visitor
Member # 5708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Phillips   Email Doug Phillips       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steve, good idea, I'll email them shortly and try the phone too!

--------------------
Doug Phillips
Denali Design Signs & Tees
Anchorage, Alaska

Posts: 316 | From: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That first company is no longer in business, but I did make a new pal called Carmen Romeo at http://www.e-lite.com

I told him all about Letterville and he told me a little more about his product. I'm excited about what the creative crowd around Letterville could do with a sheet of light that you can cut to shape.

I've offered Carmen a little test drive of Letterville. He'll be around shortly to tell you more about the product and hopefully convince a few to place an order to try it out. I'm hoping he has something available in a sample size that is affortable. Who knows? We might even be able to get some special introductory pricing. [Smile]

Keep an eye on this post. At the end of the day, my hope is that we find a new product that we can generate more profit with, that Carmen finds a new way to reach the small sign shop, and Letterville has a new Merchant.

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Erickson
Visitor
Member # 5922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Erickson   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Erickson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that is just the neatest thing since sliced bread.

--------------------
Mike Erickson
Logo Motive Designs
2022 Mineral Sprngs Dr.
Roseville, CA 95747
http://www.logomotive.net

Posts: 27 | From: Roseville, CA. | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This stuff was being reviewed about ten years
ago in Signs of the Times Magazine, and there
was a version out that was kind of spotty and
limited in size. So it looks like the future
has arrived.

Jack

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!