Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » End of an era.....Bye Bye MAZEPPA! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: End of an era.....Bye Bye MAZEPPA!
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Confused]

-

This is not a joke.

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Perkins
Visitor
Member # 296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Perkins   Email Mark Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
at least piercing was only mispelled once

--------------------
Mark Perkins
Performance Signs &
Graphics
Eunice, Louisiana
"The heart of Cajun
Country"

Posts: 506 | From: Eunice Louisiana 70535 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yikes. :-(

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say it ain't so, Mikey!
Who will Elmer have to complain to?
I do think it's true, because your sign is down.
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown]
Where are you headed to?
love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long do you think it will take Mazeppa to realize that the best thing it had going for it is no longer there? It's worse than when the Cubs traded, Lou Brock.

I hope your absence leaves the town feeling empty and ashamed. I hope you flourish in your new surroundings and are appreciated and respected as you should be. I hope Mazeppa begs you to come back and offers you the world, and you tell them "NOT HAPPENIN' ... YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE ... YOU BLEW IT ... NOW YOU MUST SUFFER!!!

hahahahahahhahahhahhahh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was cruel -- twernt it! Oh well, what can you do? Life goes on.

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's big news! I hope you're moving somewhere that has Snow and hockey. [Smile] Best of Luck to you guys where ever you go. Mazeppa's going to be pretty ordinary without the Orange and Blue.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4353 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, maybe you can help them out by showing the postmaster how to get a plotter on e-bay!? [Bash]
Maybe NOT!

I just remember walking around in that shop and looking at all those works of art....what a MOVE! [Eek!]
Sorry you have to tear up roots, Mike, but on the other hand, maybe change will be a good thing! Who knows!? An adventure in your life, if you look at it like that. Keep us all posted where you "land".

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! They'll miss you there fir sure, especially Elmer.
"Jimminy chrischtamsch colombusch coroplascht!"

Best of luck to ya Mike!!!!! [Smile]

Schtevo

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miles Cullinane
Resident

Member # 980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miles Cullinane   Email Miles Cullinane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
best of luck to Mike, wherever you end up.
hope to see you at some walldog meet some day.

Miles

--------------------
Miles Cullinane,
Cork, Ireland.

From the sometimes sunny south of Ireland,

Posts: 913 | From: Cork, Ireland | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK! Now tell us where the orange and blue will land!

Where ever you land, I'm sure it will work out good for you!

Best wishes!

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, you have a great life, then! Yahfersher. Youbetcha even!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rod Tickle
Visitor
Member # 575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rod Tickle   Author's Homepage   Email Rod Tickle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! crazy news mike! Whats going on up there? Are ya coming to the land down under? are ya taking elmer and "cosmic bob"? So many questions..

Mate ALL the BEST to you and your family inyour new adventure.
keep us posted!

Cheers mate. Thanks for everythink you did for me)
Rod

--------------------
Rod from,
EAST COAST AIRBRUSHING
"Airbrush Art & Graphics"
Nambour; Sunshine Coast, Queensland. Australia
E.mail: rod@rodticklesigns.com
Web:
www.rodticklesigns.com

Posts: 635 | From: Nambour, Sunshine Coast, Queensland | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rod Tickle
Visitor
Member # 575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rod Tickle   Author's Homepage   Email Rod Tickle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just had another thought.
Isnt it funny how you sell your shop to some one, and they get some one else to do there signage. sounds like this place!
Aint loyalty grand!
Love how they spelled it wong too.. kills me! [Smile]

Again.. GOOD luck mate!

Rod

--------------------
Rod from,
EAST COAST AIRBRUSHING
"Airbrush Art & Graphics"
Nambour; Sunshine Coast, Queensland. Australia
E.mail: rod@rodticklesigns.com
Web:
www.rodticklesigns.com

Posts: 635 | From: Nambour, Sunshine Coast, Queensland | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Branscum
Visitor
Member # 445

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Branscum   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Branscum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best of luck to ya Mike!

--------------------
Barry Branscum

Master's Touch
DESIGNS
www.masterstouchsigns.com

no, my signshop website is not finished....still.

218 Hwy 65 B
Clinton, AR

Posts: 2500 | From: Clinton, AR USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Utter
Visitor
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Utter   Email Dave Utter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, it's gonna take a fleet of semis to move all of your shtuff. So come on Mike, where ya goin', huh, huh? inquiring minds want to know.

--------------------
Dave Utter
D-utterguy on chat
Sign Designs
Beardstown, Il.
signdesigns@casscomm.com

Posts: 777 | From: beardstown, illinois, usa | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like They Say...."if you go there, WE WILL FOLLOW!"

New Adventures, makes Good Life...anon

All the Best to you ALL!

John

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have FUN wherever you go or whatever you do Mike.

[Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8886 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kurt Gaber
Resident

Member # 256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kurt Gaber   Author's Homepage   Email Kurt Gaber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Mike, that was quicker than I expected. Best of luck to you. I hope everything pans out for you on your new venture. You can always shack up with Lloyd and live on cheese popcorn if your willing to relocate to downtown Chippewa Falls.

"What time you came?"

--------------------
Kurt Gaber
Chippewa Falls, WI
Thank You Letterheads for being a part of both Brush Bashes in '02 & '06!

www.gabersigns.com

"Just Wing It"

Posts: 315 | From: Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still not convinced, but if this is true, someone out there needs to be concerned. There's a real signguy coming to their town.

Give us a call Mike. Sometimes I get so caught up in my own troubles and forget that my life is not the only one changing.

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judy Pate
Resident

Member # 237

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judy Pate   Email Judy Pate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wishing you the best,Mike! Let us know where you land.
Judy

--------------------
Judy Pate
Signs By Judy
Albany, Georgia USA
229-435-6824

Live simply...Love generously...Care deeply...Speak kindly...Leave the rest to God.

Posts: 2621 | From: Albany,GA,USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mike,

From one Mural painting Gypsy to another....best of luck in all that you do.

If you need a hand moving, let me know...my stuff is already packed!

life's a short adventure....make it a good one!

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, you will succeed where ever you go. You adjust easy. The greatest move is the first step...

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat Welter
Resident

Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat Welter   Email Pat Welter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truely sad to see Mike. Mazeppa will miss you as much as we'll miss comming there for some great memories...Let us know where your starting some new memories...and if you need a bed away from it all, you know our door is always open...Good Luck and we pray that all is a possitve move for you and your family... Thanks for the Memories in Mazeppa Mike...Pat and Ruth

--------------------
Pat Welter
Masterhand Signs and Designs
Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada

Posts: 1304 | From: Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[I Don t Know]

[ July 08, 2006, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Dave Sherby ]

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5400 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Sherby
Resident

Member # 698

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Sherby   Email Dave Sherby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in shock.

Musters, the mother of all meets in the coolest shop I've ever seen, beautiful scenic drive through the hills and valleys of the Mississippi river on the way, the best surroundings ever for Letterhead meets, enjoying every minute, learning so much, .... no more. [Bash]

I hope you land in a better place and start anew with your wonderful tradition of teaching so many the intricacies of our craft.

Best of luck Mike and [Thanks]

--------------------
Dave Sherby
"Sandman"
SherWood Sign & Graphic Design
Crystal Falls, MI 49920
906-875-6201
sherwoodsign@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 5400 | From: Crystal Falls, MI USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Murray MacDonald
Visitor
Member # 3558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Murray MacDonald   Email Murray MacDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't help but think someone is pulling our collective leg, 'cause I can't imagine Mazeppa without Mike. Say it ain't so!
But if it's true, let us all know soonest where yer goin'. Got a roof here.
MUR

--------------------
Murray MacDonald
OldTime Signs
529 Third Ave S
Kenora, ON.
P9N 1Y3
oldtimesigns@gokenora.com

Posts: 781 | From: Kenora, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, fill us in!! Where ya going? Whatcha doing??
Enquiring minds want to know!!!

[Smile]

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm holding out for details.

What'zup?

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike became the born traveller and that's fantastic. I also wish him luck and hope to meet up with him soon [Smile]

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Moss
Visitor
Member # 4295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Moss   Email Kent Moss       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he won the lottery,big time.

He really loved New England while at Cam's,so maybe with all the money he bought a $300,grand motor home, pulling a big trailer full of his sign gear.

He & family will see all of beautiful New England, while painting his heart out as a old time sign snaper,waiting until fall in Salem, MA for the Bruin's 2 kick off the Hockey season,then traveling 2 Springfield, MA 2 see the famous Ice Palace at the BIG E where the legendary Eddie Shore[Mr.Hockey] won so many Calder Cups with his Springfield Indians.

His heart will bring him down the East Coast 2 see every Hockey team play in every state, while snapping between games.

True enough a dream for a man that Loves a g

--------------------
Kent Moss
Greg Moss Signs

Posts: 363 | From: Wilbraham, MA / Charleston,SC | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike,
I've always believed that to know oneself comes about by meeting others. Have a great time following your dreams and showing Eileen and Kaleb experiences they would never have staying in a small, quiet town.
You've brought the world to you, and now traveling to meet the world! Maybe more will follow in your tracks. Life is short, got to follow your heart.
Mine led me back home after I was gone for 30 years.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you find the place of your dreams to settle down and build a new life Mike.

When you remember Mazeppa I hope it is the good times, the happy memories which come to mind. Those are my memories of Mazeppa... and you made them happen. Thanks!

All the best in your journey.

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8739 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Dirkes
Visitor
Member # 1000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Dirkes   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Dirkes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez Mikey,
Ya went an pulled the trigger on this one.
I thought ya wuz jus ramblin...
Didja take the job, or just movin on?
Best to ya either way!
Gotta find your bliss, my friend.
Bethel Hill has a bed (or a piece of floor at least) for ya if y'ever comin thru.
Good Luck, keep slinging paint!

--------------------
Bill Dirkes
Cornhole Art LLC
Bellevue, Ky.
Goodnight Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are.

Posts: 591 | From: Bellevue,Ky. US | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....it could also be the end of an era because apparently Mikey has learned how to post pix!
Just pulling your chain Mike.
Please do spill the details so we know where to send the pierogies.
Love....Jill
[Group Hug]

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You all know something that I'm missing???
I thought Mike might be referring to the ending era being a purity in a midwestern town and didn't understand him to be moving. What's up Mike?

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6724 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tim meyer
Visitor
Member # 1012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tim meyer   Email tim meyer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everyone!

Mike's big brother here.......

Yes, it is true. Mike is leaving Mazeppa. And Jill, Mike didn't post that pic. My daughter did it for him, just before he and Ayleen took off for a short R&R to Sioux Falls SD. No.....that's not where he's going to. Mike's moving to neighboring Cheeseland, Sconnie - Wisconsin. There are alot of factors involved with this monumental change. I was as shocked as everyone else when I first heard of this some time ago. Last week when I saw his sign down and the inside of the shop walls bare.... a tear came to my eye. I had an empty, sad feeling. The many many nights and days spent there just gazing at the amazingly beautiful works of art..... all gone. But, it's for the better.

Mazeppa never really took him serious nor did they show much if any appreciation for him. He gave & gave to the town becuz that's where our family roots are and he was loyal to that. The type of work Mike does and wants to do, financially it wasn't working. Match that with the mental & physical health of running his own business and dealing with every expert opinionated Joe Public that walks in the door critisizing this and that.... this move will give him a fresh new exilerating outlook on life. As the saying goes, you don't know what you got til it's gone. Mazeppa will realize that too.

Mike will still be around here and there. I dunno if he'll be as active on the bullboard or at meets like he has been. Time will tell. For now though, it was a good run. Change is good. This change is going to be good for him in many ways. For anyone who is still curious about further details, you're welcome to email me direct and we can chat.

It's the end of an era and the start of a new one.

--------------------
Tim Meyer

950 W 2nd St.
Zumbrota, MN 55992
tmpondy@yahoo.com

Mike Meyer's older bro

Posts: 62 | From: Zumbrota, MN, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked my atlas... and Sconnie Wisconsin must be like Yarrow, British Columbia... a great place to live but not on the map. But that is ok... Mike will soon put it there.

What town is Sconnie near... so I can figure out where it is and start planning how to get there for the next Letterhead deal at Mike's new place... perhaps the shop warming??? [Smile]

-grampa dan

[ July 09, 2006, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Dan Sawatzky ]

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8739 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tim meyer
Visitor
Member # 1012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tim meyer   Email tim meyer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL

Even tho you're probably pullin my leg Grandpa Dan........Sconnie is a nickname for Wisconsin.

Actually, Mike's in the process of looking for a new place to move to as he's getting his present place ready to sell.

--------------------
Tim Meyer

950 W 2nd St.
Zumbrota, MN 55992
tmpondy@yahoo.com

Mike Meyer's older bro

Posts: 62 | From: Zumbrota, MN, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Every new begining comes from some other begining's end"

Never met you Meyer boys, but, hope all goes well. [Smile]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3489 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they're gonna have a bitch of a time cleaning that sidewalk [Smile]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!