Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Lines Customers Use (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Lines Customers Use
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) The Good Buddy Discount
2) "I'm one of your distant kin..."
3) "This will be good advertisin' for ya!"
4) "You could put YOUR NAME onit" (see #3)
5) "I've already spent all my money on..."
6) Guilt Trip "Why...that's just outrageous"
7) Sound Effects: "Sheeew" a subtle version of #6
8) "I'll be needing this and that later on...."
9) "It's for a church" etc.
10) "So and So sells it for $______"
11) "What if I bring my own plywood,T-shirts, etc.
12) Silent Treatment (Just stop talking...)

Can anyone add more?

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7404 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
12) Silent Treatment (Just stop talking...)
That should be on your list of replies. Along with..."And your point would be...?"

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lolita leblanc
Visitor
Member # 3453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lolita leblanc   Email lolita leblanc       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
13) I'll think about it

--------------------
Enseignes Le Héron
Sainte-Adèle, Qué

Posts: 103 | From: Sainte-Adèle | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Blair
Resident

Member # 951

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Blair   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Blair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
14) Let me talk to the wife/girlfriend/etc about it.

--------------------
Dana Blair
Blair Signs
Wooster, OH
www.blairsigns.com

If sign makers go on strike, is there anything written on their picket signs?

Posts: 835 | From: Wooster, OH, USA | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(14) I need to talk to my wife/husband

[ June 21, 2006, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Amy Brown ]

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carl Wood
Visitor
Member # 1223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carl Wood   Email Carl Wood       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(15) It's easy to install - the dirts real soft.
(16) I don't need anything fancy - just play around with the design & see what you come up with.

--------------------
Carl Wood
Olive Branch, Ms

Posts: 1392 | From: Olive Branch,MS USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
13) Kid Art! "My son did this on the computer, isn't it cute?
14) Nephew Art! "My nephew is going to art school, he drew this! Isn't it great?"
15) The recycler! "Can you repaint this a-frame sign that some Realtor left by my driveway?"
16) Charity starts at home! "Yeah, we are having this benefit...TOMORROW...can you donate a banner?
17) The Assumer! "Hey do you sell them changeable letter signs?"
18) The Presumer! "Since you donated that banner to the charity benefit, will you make one for us too?"

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Line #19:

"I'm going to send you a LOT more work if you 'do me right' on the price'"

Reply: "Oh yeh? . . .are they as tight as you? 'cause don't do me no favours . . ."

Line:#20:

"When I send you more customers, you're gonna cut me in a percentage on the deal right?"

Reply: "No."

Line #21:

"I'm VERY artistic, I could paint just like that if I had the time, and a steady hand, and the right paint . . ."

Reply:
[Roll Eyes]

[ June 21, 2006, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: Sheila Ferrell ]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why we DO NOT quote prices on the phone:

Line #22:
"It's a small, plain sign that just needs a little bit of work"

(Upon inspection, it's huge and has a massive number of complicated problems)

#23:
"I only want a small simple sign that JUST says the name of my company and the phone number."

(After discussing this initial request, they suddenly decide they 'forgot' to say it also needs a list of 8 services they offer, 3 phone numbers, the web-address, and a 'simple' graphic . . .)

[ June 21, 2006, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Sheila Ferrell ]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arthur Vanson
Deceased

Member # 2855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arthur Vanson   Author's Homepage   Email Arthur Vanson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"How much would you charge to write my van?....Hello.....Hello.....is anyone there?"

--------------------
Arthur Vanson
Bucks Signs
Chesham, Buckinghamshire,
England
arthur@buckssigns.co.uk
--------------------

Posts: 805 | From: Chesham, Bucks, England | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"But these are just short-term banners! How can that cost $250?"
Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Can you give a ball park figure".....

I am SICK TO DEATH OF THAT ONE!!!!!

WHAT THE SAM HILL DOES A BALL PARK HAVE TO DO WITH A SIGN PRICE ANYWAY??????????? [Mad]

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Chrimes
Resident

Member # 5864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Chrimes   Author's Homepage   Email James Chrimes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That looks like fun.... I would like to do that for a living.

--------------------
JIM CHRIMES
BACON GRAPHICS
56 SUMMIT ROAD
NEWPORT, NH 03773
bacongraphics.com

Posts: 283 | From: Newport, NH | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Davie
Visitor
Member # 2172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Davie   Email Jason Davie       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Ya, but the guy in Chipley Florida is way cheaper..."

lol
Jason D

--------------------
Jason Davie
193 Front Street
Deposit, NY 13754

Posts: 976 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but not as cheap as those southern tier guys, eh? [Wink]

Yeah, deposit this... [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Davie
Visitor
Member # 2172

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Davie   Email Jason Davie       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehehe lol bruce

Yup, not much to "deposit" at the end of the week, just enought to buy some chineese..

--------------------
Jason Davie
193 Front Street
Deposit, NY 13754

Posts: 976 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Henry
Visitor
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Henry   Email Ken Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
24. "They tell me that you're just the person for this job." [Roll Eyes]

Translation: I'll flatter you a bit just before making a serious attempt at fleecing you. [Frown]

[ June 21, 2006, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Ken Henry ]

--------------------
Ken Henry
Henry & Henry Signs
London, Ontario Canada
(519) 439-1881
e-mail: kjmlhenry@rogers.com

Why do I get all those on-line offers to sell me Viagara, when the only thing hardening is my arteries ?

Posts: 2684 | From: London,Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEHEHE
Those are great!
Some I've heard before, and some are new ones.

Jason....you funny man.... [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7404 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'You should be done in just a couple of hours eh?' Customer talking about lettering,airbrushing and striping a big rig.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3820 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah I forgot,,,
"Are you married?"
Or,,,
"Are you still married?'
And,,,
"Does your Husband do this kind of work too?"

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3820 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yes here we go!!!

now if you do this one truck we have 300 more and we would like for you to do this one first.... (give me good deal on this and btw ill never use you again, and this is the only truck i have) (give me good deal on this and btw ill never use you again, and this is the only truck i have)

man i can get you so much business youll be sick of me.... (im sick of you now!) (im sick of you now!)

how much do you charge for lettering this truck?..... [I]($800)
well that sounds bout right first i have to get it repainted, new engine and all four tires and rims need to be replaced, and ill give you a call...... [I]( damn hes expensive but im not going to let him see im shocked)

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark M. Kottwitz
Visitor
Member # 1764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark M. Kottwitz   Author's Homepage   Email Mark M. Kottwitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bobbie Rochow:
"Can you give a ball park figure".....

I am SICK TO DEATH OF THAT ONE!!!!!

WHAT THE SAM HILL DOES A BALL PARK HAVE TO DO WITH A SIGN PRICE ANYWAY??????????? [Mad]

Sure... I can do it between $5 and $50,000.

--------------------
Mark Kottwitz
Kottwitz Graphics
Ridgely, MD
www.SeeMySignWork.com
--------------------------
Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 746 | From: Ridgely, MD | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
speaking of the ballpark line...don't forget to add..."i won't hold you to it."

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Wayne, regarding #12, there's an old saying in the car business that goes like this:

"First one to speak, looses" It's true! [Wink]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3487 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

"Can you give me a guesstimate-estimate?"
(I'm guessin' that no matter what price I tell you, it will be too rich for your blood, chump!)
[Smile]
Alicia, I love yours...I get that a lot too!
"Did your hubby letter your truck?"

Deri Russell
Resident

Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deri Russell   Author's Homepage   Email Deri Russell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need two designs- totally different- because I really have no idea what I want- (and once you are done those he still has no idea what he wants and maybe a third will do the trick)

I need two designs because I don't really think the first one you give me is going to be anything like what I want- (why did you come to me in the first place?)

So you do 2 designs- first one has heart & soul and looks absolutely awesome- second one just a quickie that would absolutely not work- just to keep them happy- and they like the second one- now you have to fix it

--------------------
Deri Russell
Wildwood Signs
Hanover, Ontario

You're just jealous 'cause the little voices only talk to me.

Posts: 1904 | From: Hanover, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there's just no accountin' for good taste no more. i swear that happens all the time...you spend a good amount of time on a design...but throw another quick below par one just cause you feel you need to...and they pick ugly! go figure!

somedays ya just can't win...thats when its time for a little distraction....like FUN!

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"This is the best artwork I can find. It should be ok, right?" - 'artwork' means old tattered business card, poorly printed with puff ink

"I love what you've done. I just want to make a few tiny changes."

"We wanted to use an elegant font, like Zapf Chancery." - Zapf Chancery Italic in all caps is just the ticket. Elegant???

"Ok, I want to get a sign, but I'm going to need your help with what it should say."

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

haha
You guys are the greatest!
Thanks

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Blake Wright
Visitor
Member # 6584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blake Wright   Author's Homepage   Email Blake Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not high. You can get to it off a step ladder. [I Don t Know]

[ June 22, 2006, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: Blake Wright ]

--------------------
Blake Wright
The Sign Shop of Florence
Florence S.C.

Posts: 78 | From: Effingham, S.C. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greg DePauw
Visitor
Member # 6604

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg DePauw   Author's Homepage   Email Greg DePauw       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wayne. The one I get is, "I'll be back later" I call those people "Be Backs"

--------------------
Greg DePauw
Art Rod Foundation
206 S. Davenport
Metamora,IL. 61548
(309)-367-4496

Posts: 52 | From: Metamora, Illinois. USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Billie DeBekker
Visitor
Member # 3848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billie DeBekker   Author's Homepage   Email Billie DeBekker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Can I get a bid. And while you're at it could you design our new logo so we can compare."

[ June 22, 2006, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: William DeBekker ]

--------------------
Billie DeBekker
3rd Dimension Signs
Canon City Colorado 81212
719-276-9338
bill@3dsignco.com
www.3dsignco.com

"Another Fine Graduate of the Ray Charles School of Sign Painting."

Posts: 2530 | From: Canon City, Colorado | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love the one about the "play around with the design and see what you come up with!" Boy these are all good! No wonder a lot of "signpainters" drink,smoke, grumble, die or early heart attacks! etc!

I recently had to deal with: "Fix me up and I'll send you all the customers in the world" Ha, I told her I had enough cheap customers already and not looking to be in a popularity contest.
or...
" let's talk about this over dinner;

(just came in this morning: "Do you have any scrap vinyl pieces...just want a phone no...well it's a 4 ft. by 8 ft. window, just center it...do you have something bright?...the new owner just spent a lot opening and is broke...oh yeah, he'll need the hours too...(three separate lines)...he's agreed to throw you a pizza every now and then for free....how much is a roll of vinyl and I can tell him....I'll get back to you.. I'm at the pepsi dealer for the free signs!
click.
"oh you only work out of your home, so you can cut me a deal, right? I don't think I should have to pay someone with less overhead than the large sign shop with employees and blah,blah..."

[ June 22, 2006, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Deb Fowler ]

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carl Wood
Visitor
Member # 1223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carl Wood   Email Carl Wood       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A FAVORITE:
If you can just cut out them letters for me I can stick 'em on myself. . . .

--------------------
Carl Wood
Olive Branch, Ms

Posts: 1392 | From: Olive Branch,MS USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Good ones!

I was primarily looking for ways they try to weasel the price down, but hey, alot of these are ringing a bell.

Anyone hear this one too?
"So....the computer just makes them?"

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Dusty Campbell
Visitor
Member # 4601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dusty Campbell   Email Dusty Campbell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"So....the computer just makes them?"

Sure it does, would you like to try it.

--------------------
Industrious

Posts: 1032 | From: Athens, GA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter
Resident

Member # 1062

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peter   Author's Homepage   Email Peter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dana Blair:
14) Let me talk to the wife/girlfriend/etc about it.

When you hear this one, that's your cue to tactfully steer the customer to your competition...otherwise you'll be pulling your hair out in clumps...

[ June 22, 2006, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Peter Manzolillo ]

--------------------
Pete M.
Jet Signs
Farmingdale, NY
www.jetsignsoflongisland.com

Posts: 349 | From: Farmingdale, NY | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It's real simple artwork and I'll bring you camera ready art." Next day customer returns with a 4th generation photocopy of a faxed doodling on a stained bar napkin.

"Couldja work me up a few designs for it and give me a call?"

"Dang, I forgot my checkbook; I didn't know you required a deposit. If you'll go ahead and make these for me I'll bring the money when I come back."

"Our company is huge; we always pay our bills." (yeah, after 180 days and turning them over to a collection agency)

"That check was mailed out yesterday"

"I'll be right back with that deposit"

(customer approving design) "That looks great; since you've got these empty spots here can you put in a couple more phone numbers?"

"I need these YESTERDAY!" (you call them an hour later telling them their signs are done; they show up 3 weeks later to pick them up - and "forget" their checkbook)

"I didn't know you made them magnet signs"

"A pair... that's for two magnet signs?"

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lotti Prokott
Resident

Member # 2684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lotti Prokott   Email Lotti Prokott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The worst are those that start to haggle when they come to pick up the sign. I got these lines from a customer on one and the same job:

"It looks small" (just the size we agreed on)

"Too bad it didn't fit inside the lines" (design had lettering overlap part of a panel inline)

"Are you wanting to get rich fast?(sign cost 100 bucks)

"I can get that for half that much in the city"
(then why are you here?)

Did I mention he's not my customer anymore?

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Lotti Prokott
Woodland Signs
Pelly, Saskatchewan
woodlandsigns@sasktel.net

Posts: 1966 | From: Pelly, Saskatchewan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is what happens when you do not get a deposit..

"Thanks for coming in w/ the quote. We will contact you in a few months when we're ready to go ahead with it.

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!