Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Athletic Script

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Athletic Script
Mike McCloud
Visitor
Member # 766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike McCloud   Email Mike McCloud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need the font Athletic Script. I can't believe that I don't have it somewhere. I have thousands of fonts but not this one. Thanks for the help.
Mike

--------------------
Mike McCloud
Brighton, MI
doublehaul@comcast.net

Posts: 116 | From: Brighton, MI | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it as a Gerber font but have no idea how I could send it to you!
(not a ttf)
love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike McCloud
Visitor
Member # 766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike McCloud   Email Mike McCloud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks anyway Jill. You are right, I really do need a TTF.

--------------------
Mike McCloud
Brighton, MI
doublehaul@comcast.net

Posts: 116 | From: Brighton, MI | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can either of you post a pic of what it looks like...There might be a "lookalike" under a different name on one of the free font sites.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce & Deb Newton
Visitor
Member # 2312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce & Deb Newton   Email Bruce & Deb Newton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine looks like this:

-

--------------------
Bruce & Deb Newton
Graphic Lettering
San Marcos, CA

Posts: 126 | From: San Marcos, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Draper   Email Dave Draper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike,

If you can't find the font, Why not have some with the font spell what you need and send it as a file you can import and work with, unless you need like a whole menu done up. [Smile]

--------------------
Draper The Signmaker / Monumental Designs
http://www.monumentaldesigns.com

Posts: 2883 | From: Bloomington Illinois USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got some stuff that is from some old STAHL softwear i got from somebody years ago.....no font but mascots, and tails.....like this:
 -

[ June 19, 2006, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Luck
Resident

Member # 5292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Luck   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Luck   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mike,
I have that font in SignLab and it is called Sportscar. I can email you the words you need as an EPS or AI file. Unfortunately, SignLab doesn't convert "their" fonts to true-type so you have to have SignLab for them to work. I have alot of TTF fonts loaded on the hard drive, but not Sportscar script. Let me know if you want some words converted for you. Just email me at the shop tomorrow.

Sign-cerely, Steve

--------------------
Steve Luck
Sign Magic Inc.
2718-b Grovelin
Godfrey, Illinois 62035
(618)466-9120
signmagic@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 870 | From: 2718-b Grovelin Godfrey, Illinois 62035 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arthur Vanson
Deceased

Member # 2855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arthur Vanson   Author's Homepage   Email Arthur Vanson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to be negative, but I have a deep interest in letterform and curiosity forces me to ask: Is there anyone that thinks the lowercase 'r' works on any level, or is pleasing to the eye?

Surely a script should represent the passing of a brush, pen or some recognisable writing instrument? Any brushwriter would recognise the absurdity of some letters in this script, but would someone who doesn't use a brush or pen?

-

--------------------
Arthur Vanson
Bucks Signs
Chesham, Buckinghamshire,
England
arthur@buckssigns.co.uk
--------------------

Posts: 805 | From: Chesham, Bucks, England | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Antonelli
Resident

Member # 86

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Antonelli   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Antonelli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The world would be a better place without that font. Right on Arthur---

--------------------
Dan Antonelli
Graphic D-Signs, Inc.
279 Route 31 South • Suite 4
Washington, NJ
www.graphicd-signs.com
dan@graphicd-signs.com

"Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies. But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be." - Rush

Posts: 1192 | From: Washington, NJ | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's kind of like a one-stroke font, slightly converted to a thick and thin as an afterthought. The h & l are of very differing heights and slopes too, nevermind Arthur's divet!

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arthur, as you well know, there are very few people who care whether an alphabet looks like it came out of a brush.
As long as it looks "fancy" they like it. And use it to death.
Saw a sandblasted sign yesterday that ended in "or" (lower case script) The tail of the o went up, connecting to nothing. The first stroke of the r was pointing downwards. Why couldn't someone have taken the time and did a bit of node-editing to connect them properly?
I am glad that there are still people out there like you, who design letters as they should be.
Then again, any schmuck can buy and bastardize your beautiful alphabets!
To hell with alternate characters!
[Wink]
love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike McCloud
Visitor
Member # 766

I've just digitized off of a photograph and came close enough. Thanks for the help. I have Signlab and the Sportscar font also but it's not quite right enough. I think that this will work and I'm off to get this job out of the way. Thanks, Mike

--------------------
Mike McCloud
Brighton, MI
doublehaul@comcast.net

Jonathan Androsky
Visitor
Member # 2806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jonathan Androsky   Email Jonathan Androsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are things that occur in nature, the platypus for example, that simply defy all reasonable attempts at logical explanation. That "r" is one of those things.

Short thread derailment to follow:
I just purchased Arthur's "Steven's Percepta" yesterday and I must say that I am quite unhappy... Unhappy that I waited so long to acquire such an excellent alphabet! I started digitizing that font myself over five years ago and never got around to completing it. I now morn the typographical opportunities lost due to the absence of that font from my collection. Thank you Arthur, for making that alphabet available. You are to be applauded for your efforts [Applause]

Cheers

--------------------
Jon Androsky

Posts: 438 | From: Williamsport, PA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arthur Vanson
Deceased

Member # 2855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arthur Vanson   Author's Homepage   Email Arthur Vanson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im so glad it's not just me, thank you.

The world feels just a little bit less lonely. [Wink]

--------------------
Arthur Vanson
Bucks Signs
Chesham, Buckinghamshire,
England
arthur@buckssigns.co.uk
--------------------

Posts: 805 | From: Chesham, Bucks, England | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!