Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » 5:30 pm and all is running

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 5:30 pm and all is running
Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mike O'Neill   Author's Homepage   Email Mike O'Neill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta love reliable machines.

I'm on my own in the shop, everyone left at 5pm or so. Beautiful cacophany of Rock & Roll music and busy machinery playing in the background.

Twenty minutes later I still hear 2 big laser printers pumping at 90 ppm each, gotta love paper trays that hold a case of paper. The roland is busy working on an 80' job and the matan just now stopped.

Never ceases to amaze me how often we just let jobs run at the end of the day.

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

Posts: 3094 | From: Labrador City, NF, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it's only 4:30 here but the sprocket plotter is cutting one print job while the Edge it printing yet another. A pounce patern is pecking away on the graphtec and coffee maker just finished a pot of Joe! [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
4:43 and I have Chris Rea cranked up LOUD on the stereo. Work is done for the day. Drywall joint compound is drying, ready to be sanded tomorrow.

Never turned on the cutter today and if all goes well I won't have to tomorrow. Sometimes ya just have to get finished with one project before you start another.

Drywalling is one of those nasty projects that ya have to just "get finished". Looking forward to the end of drywalling and getting into the painting, window and flooring part.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8891 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Used to be that at the end of the day in a
sign shop........you would be mixing up a new
batch of color, pouncing a pattern, cleaning
oil out of a brush and getting ready to make
some real money and the suppliers wern't
getting 30-40 percent of the job. And then
take the next 2 days off to go fishing because
you just made your month on that job. All work
done after that went for a new saw, ladder or
tools of the trade. (That's when they called it
a trade)

Still have them brushes and know how to use em'
Have lots of computer stuff too and don't
allow that to be a drag.

CrazyJack

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jack..............still that way here!

[For Your Information]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey Madden
Resident

Member # 1192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joey Madden   Author's Homepage   Email Joey Madden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure you fellas would be all pumped up to go to an all vinyl letterhead meet, that sure would be awesome, doncha think?

I'm dragging my behind at 7:49 pm from doing a 200 dollar 45 minute job today, or well we can't all have so many tools [Frown]

--------------------
HotLines Joey Madden - pinstriping since 1952
'Perfection, its what I look for and what I live for'

http://members.tripod.com/Inflite
http://www.pinheadlounge.com/hotlinesjoeymadden

Posts: 5962 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was hoping for a nice quiet Mon morning so that I could get things taken care of while I go to a funeral out of town and won't be back until Sat. The phone starts ringing with regular customers that need stuff done ASAP. A new customer that I have been trying to get away from my competitor calls and asks if he told me to go ahead with the sign for his new location that he is moving into right now. I tell him "NO" and he tells me to go ahead and get it done ASAP. They just got to understand that I can't and don't work like that.

Since I am down to 2 people right now and we both will be at the funeral, I contact another sign shop in town and ask her to take any customers work that can't wait. She is agreeable and even sighs a little as she is a one person shop and now has me to rely on if she needs help.

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a big plasma tv was on that would be perfect.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And how about the money that gets thrown away
in waste. Just think....Stripe job, $5.00
material tops. Payday, 1 car $200.00, so 2 cars
or 3 $585.00 profit x 4 days =$2340.00
nice week.
And if ya get some cash??????????

Jack

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Holden
Visitor
Member # 5653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Holden   Email Ken Holden       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cash...they still make that??

--------------------
Ken Holden
7 Oaks Signs
18457 Hwy 22
Ponchatoula, LA 70454

Posts: 144 | From: Ponchatoula, LA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear ya Mike! Gotta love getting five jobs done at once. Ka ching!!

Is the car wash up and running??

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jack wills:
And how about the money that gets thrown away
in waste. Just think....Stripe job, $5.00
material tops. Payday, 1 car $200.00, so 2 cars
or 3 $585.00 profit x 4 days =$2340.00
nice week.
And if ya get some cash??????????

Jack

I hear ya Jack. Last week we did eight 18 wheelers. Old crusty used trucks for a used truck dealer. We spent four afternoons...maybe three hours each day. Material costs were under a hundred bucks for the eight trucks....$3200.

Now if we could just do this every week [Smile]

Nothing pays as well as striping. Most body shop repair jobs run $80-$100....material costs might be a buck or two....time fifteen minutes max. No worry if the power goes out, not much in the way of upgrades and EVERYTHING fits in the car.

[ June 13, 2006, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: George Perkins ]

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4324 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike O'Neill   Author's Homepage   Email Mike O'Neill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah to all that...

I'm here looking on in envy at all you rich painters [Wink]

Yep, wash is up & running, works 24/7, requires 20 minute cleanup daily. Great business, selling water...

Nice machine, earns dinner while I'm eating it.

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

Posts: 3094 | From: Labrador City, NF, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!