Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Ever get a headache?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ever get a headache?
Neil D. Butler
Resident

Member # 661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil D. Butler   Email Neil D. Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How's everyonr? Long time no see...

I just got back last week from a weeks holiday, and after a few days I developed the strongest most sever headache I ever had, after taking tylenol, it never eased, actually it intensified, so I ended up at the emergency unit, I was admitted right away, the nurse was great at admitting an just knew this was no ordinary pain. The Doctors did a cat scan and spinal tap, immediatley, and a tone of blood work, well the headache turned out to be Viral Mennengitis, and i had a 3 day stay at the hospital.

So if you ever get a headache and it does'nt go away in a few hours, check it out, for your healths sake.

I'm still at home still unsteady on my feet.

Take care

--------------------
"Keep Positive"

SIGNS1st.
Neil Butler
Paradise, NF

Posts: 6277 | From: St. John's NF Canada | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Modzel
Resident

Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Modzel   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Modzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Neil, what a scare.
I'm glad you had the sense to head to the hospital. I think many of us are stupid that way. At least I am. I suppose if I hurt as much as you were I'd not second guess that decision though.

--------------------
Bill Modzel
Mod-Zel screen Printing
Traverse city, MI
modzel@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1357 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rosemary
Visitor
Member # 1926

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rosemary         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me?? I'm a pro. I take Emitrex regularly, injectibles at least once a week with oxygen at the same time. I've been this way since I was 14. I still have to have Mom do the injectible cuz I flinch every time. [Roll Eyes]
Migraines?? Just ask me! [Razz]

me [Smile]

Posts: 764 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dusty Campbell
Visitor
Member # 4601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dusty Campbell   Email Dusty Campbell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got one right now. Had it last night. Second one this week. They're usually not this frequent. Utterly agonizing. Nauseating. I usually sleep them off, but last night only mellowed it some. Count your blessings if you don't get them.

--------------------
Industrious

Posts: 1032 | From: Athens, GA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wayne Webb
Resident

Member # 1124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wayne Webb   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Webb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only when I try to think...

Glad everything turned out well, Neil. That is great!
Thanks for the warning.

--------------------
Wayne Webb
Webb Signworks
Chipley, FL
wayne@webbsignworks.com

Posts: 7404 | From: Chipley,Florida,United States | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scary! Glad to hear you are on the mend!

Thankfully, I almost never get a headache, and never anything that would stop me in my tracks.

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
During my first marriage, I started getting the worst migraines. Need I say more.

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3818 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike O'Neill   Author's Homepage   Email Mike O'Neill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you're OK Neil, bet that scared the bejeezus outta ya.

Alicia, are you trying to say "I used to have a headache, but I divorced it!" ? [Smile]

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

Posts: 3094 | From: Labrador City, NF, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy Campbell
Visitor
Member # 2675

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy Campbell   Email Randy Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you caught that Neil.-Dusty I use to get like you and had a dentist scan my teeth.He found a cracked tooth-fixed that and haven't had one since.

--------------------
Randall Campbell
Randy's Graphics,
420 Fairfield N.
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Posts: 2857 | From: Hamilton Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dana Bowers
Resident

Member # 780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dana Bowers   Author's Homepage   Email Dana Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. Only mine was different - would come and go every couple of days. Knocked me out for they day - extreme light sensitivity and nausea. Great with an almost 2yr old with me and out in the country, almost an hour from family.

Ended up one day was so bad, and lost control of one side of my body - husband called the ambulance. They all thought I had a stroke.

The ER doctors told him to let them know what they ever found.

Did a spinal tap that night and angiogram the next morning. The angiogram was WAY worse, as my vein spasmed and they couldn't get the tube further in... or out. I was screaming bloody murder. Kinda sucked to, that during that the neurologist came in to tell them they didn't need to do one because they found something wrong in the spinal fluid.

They figured it was viral encephalitis for me... but was never really sure. Not much they can do to treat it either.

I still get the occasional headache - can feel it coming on behind one eye. At that very minute I hurry up and take Excedrin Migraine and rest. Usually doesn't develop into much of anything.

--------------------
Dana Ferry
St Cloud, MN

Posts: 1556 | From: St Cloud, MN | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to have regular headaches caused by muscle tightness in my shoulders and chest, from sitting at the computer and not stretching enough.

Since joining the gym nine months ago I haven't had any, 'cept one on last tuesday because on Monday I really killed my upper body at the gym and everything really tightened up.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't you have a fever too? My youngest got bacterial Mennigitis when she was 4. Have no idea where she got it from but she ran a fever of 107. Glad you caught it in time.

My husband's best friend caught a very rare form of Men. and he ended up having to have both legs amputated and all his fingers on his right hand and the finger tips on his left when the blood flow to his extremities shut down.. Anyone that was around him had to take these really strong antibotics that turned most body fluids orange, the palms of our hands looked like we had been eating Cheese-Its for days. The pharmicist told us that if we wore contact lenses that they would turn orange too. It was really weird.

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan Daniel
Visitor
Member # 6092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan Daniel   Email Susan Daniel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uggh...Glad you are doing better Neil. I get a nasty Migraine about once or twice yearly, but have sinus headaches often. These usually drag on for a couple of weeks with little relief. My latest one has been going on for about a week and a half so far.

--------------------
Susan Daniel
Huntsville, AL

Posts: 53 | From: Huntsville, AL | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Wright
Visitor
Member # 111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Wright   Author's Homepage   Email David Wright   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad everything is ok now Neil. Also the migraine sufferers have my sympathy, what hell that must be like.

You know, for a good while you have been giving off an aura aroung your head. I don't know if only I can see it, but it might be indicative of something related to the condition.

--------------------
Wright Signs
Wyandotte, Michigan

Posts: 2785 | From: Wyandotte, MI USA | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!