Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » ONLY SEVEN DAYS UNTIL LODI!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ONLY SEVEN DAYS UNTIL LODI!!!
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just a little wired about this letterhead event. I fired up the router today to whittle a panel I'm bringing to the event.

The prints of the maquette are done and ready... transparencies ready to be printed... brushes bought and delivered... suitcase ready to be packed... suntan lotion ready...

Just counting the days...

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alicia B. Jennings
Resident

Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alicia B. Jennings   Email Alicia B. Jennings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And don't forget your hat!

--------------------
Signs by Alicia Jennings (Mudflap Girl)
Tacoma, WA
Since 1987
Have Lipstick, will travel.

Posts: 3813 | From: Tacoma, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too there Dan,

Plane tickets ready, rental car ready, couple nights in San Francisco for fun, Drinking quad shots of stiff coffee to get the painting hand to shake properly, ooops, needs lots of film and digital camera batteries.....yeah I'm gettin excited too!

c-ya there guys...

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan...how long did it take to get all the dust off that router before you cranked it up? It's good to hear that it is being used for something...even if it is just for a "show off" piece for Lodi.

Got any more pictures of paying jobs? It's been a long time since we saw that first one.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We ARE doing paying jobs too Raymond but I'm saving the pics for the upcoming ROUTER WARS. I know you might even show some pics of your work when you get your pea shooter set up and I'd hate to get caught short handed.

ROUTER WARS are coming this time.... right?? [Smile]

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Pea Shooter" - now, I like that. Have patience...my router should be on the way any day now.

Keep saving those photos Dan.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect the town of LODI has no idea of just what is going to happen in a few days from now. I believe Tony knows all and is looking forward to it... but hasn't divuldged the 'whole truth' to the powers that be. This could be interesting...

I'm staying with the former mayor and retired police chief and family so I think I'm safe. Jay is counting on his banker friends to bail him out of trouble. We'll see just how good friends they are... real friends wouldn't ask for revisions on their mural. HMMMMMM??

I also heard Jay's team now HAS to wear those SILLY PINK shorts as well as T-shirts with BRIGHT PINK targets screened on the back.

THIS is going to be FUN! See you in LODI!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060507/ENT/605070304/1002

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stefanie Fox
Visitor
Member # 6523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stefanie Fox   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks Kimberly-that is a great article!!

--------------------
Stefanie Fox
Fox Design Studio
Atlanta, GA

Posts: 181 | From: Atlanta GA, USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Inquiring minds need to know the locations of the various murals. The downtown map which is linked to Kimberly's post doesn't say which mural is going where... only the names of the buildings.

I looked at the photos which Tony sent me of the building I am painting on but there is no store name shown there and I don't know the street address. Its a dilemma!

Actually I need to know how far our team has to walk to heckle Jay and the PINK team. [Smile]

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan, you know it doesn't matter how close Jay's wall is, if your leading the way, we're in for a big walk.
[Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan, Isn't your mural the one that is 100' long? That would mean you're at #4 - the parking garage.

[ May 17, 2006, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Kimberly Zanetti ]

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
Folsom, CA

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Moon
Visitor
Member # 452

Icon 6 posted      Profile for The Moon   Email The Moon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Rolling On The Floor]

Great one Kimberly!!!

The feeling like "how can i MISS this?!?!" side of the Moon

I'll have to Pop down and take pictures of you guys! With the map... I'll even actually FIND the buildings. [Wink] on the FIRST go around.

(I never get lost, I just use a lot of gas. [Frown] Hhh! ~can't Do THAT anymore!)

--------------------
The Moon
aka: Stefenie Harris
Moonlight Designs
Pollock Pines, CA
learnin' somethin' new every day!
stefenie@comcast.net

Posts: 550 | From: Pollock Pines, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Moon,

Will ya have "Little Moon" and "Mini Moon"
Along ?
I'll have to take some pics of y'all.

CrazyJack

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

My mural is about the grape packing history. The largest one is about trains and thats the one going on the parking garage... so I don't think its mine thats going there.

And besides... I still need to know whare Jay's mural is! [Smile]

I'm thinking of getting one of those new fangled satelite direction finders to help me out with my directional challengedness handicap.

I tell ya... I get a little confused in my directions a time or two and ya NEVER live it down!!! Oh well at least Duncan will be right there to keep me company once again on my sojourns.

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Oops! Sorry about that Dan - I thought you were doing the train one! [Razz]

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
Folsom, CA

Tony Segale
Visitor
Member # 1380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Segale   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Segale       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan...ssshhhh...

look on the map...
you're at number 8,
Jay is number 2....

I'll show you the way to the underground tunnels...

ssssshhhhhh!

--------------------
Tony Segale
Segale Fine Art & Gold Leaf Sign Co
Lodi, CA
www.tonysegale.com

""and he took that golden hair and made a sweater for baby bear"

Posts: 216 | From: Lodi,CA,USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Sharrard
Resident

Member # 388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Sharrard   Email Robin Sharrard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, loaded up the first set of screens tonight for 7 marathon days of T-shirt printing, 8 colors front 8 colors back for a grand total of 6400+ pulls of the squeegee just to bring you Tony's wearable art, then hopefully my arms will be rested enough during the five our drive to get at that wall on Friday!

--------------------
Robin Sharrard
Sharrard Graphics & Sign
Fallon, Nevada
rds@phonewave.net
"Proud $$$ Supporter"

Posts: 282 | From: Fallon, Nevda, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Jay is ONLY 3 blocks DUE NORTH!!!! That shouldn't be too hard.

As long as that underground tunnel doesn't have any branches I shouldn't get lost. I'm a British Columbia boy... we have mountains to act as landmarks here. When I'm on the prairie I get lost!

Are there any mountains in Lodi???

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia

Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just don't be mistaking that rosy glow from the pink teams apparal for the sunrise or sunset or you are going to be all messed up. And if we are going to go to a church to eat then I get to lead. Hey! I think it would be a good plan if Dan and Kelly and Duncan don't travel as a unit. [Rolling On The Floor]
For more reasons than one - last time I went anywhere with a Sawatzky and a Wilke, one chased the other and I was left on top of a scaffold in the middle of a highway intersection. Glad you folks value my life. [Rolling On The Floor]

But seriously.....I can't think of two letterheads I'd rather travel with. [Big Grin]

[ May 18, 2006, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: Kelly Thorson ]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!