Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » I bid you adieu (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: I bid you adieu
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm moving on folks. It's been fun; it's been crazy; it's been profitable but it's time to move on and have a little fun in my life. Those that know me know that I am an Alaskan trapped in the body of a Georgian. I can't resist the urge any longer; I'm leaving this coming Monday. The wife is in Japan for a month and this will come as a real shocker to her when she gets back in a couple of weeks. Without going into details, suffice it to say I told her but she just wasn't listening. The store will be for sale at a *very* good price and if it doesn't sell, she will need someone very talented to make the signs. Our son works here helping out in production. We have an Edge, a large format printer. We are running Signlab for general vinyl and Omega for the Edge stuff, Photoshop CS for the LF digital. Our hours are 9-6 Mon-Fri. We've been in business here for over 10 years, very stable business, growing economy here. We don't need another sign company; we just need someone else to take this one and go with it. Trust me, you don't want to compete with what we've built here. Our sales have averaged about $200,000/yr. We have about $100,000 in assets. I'm sure she will not refuse any *reasonable* offer. If you're interested in buying it or running it/working here, drop me an email to my regular addy (signpimp50@hotmail.com) and if you just want to tell me how bad you'll miss me, leave a note here. Sometimes making a very good living isn't worth putting off your dreams til you're too old to live them. Bob Parsons I'll call you when I get to Los Anchorage and we can go eat a moose steak or something!

Adios ameatloafs

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Travel well, Ricky!

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good Luck.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracie Johnson
Visitor
Member # 6117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracie Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Tracie Johnson       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! That's quite shocking! All the best to you.

--------------------
Tracie Johnson
Signovations
Ventura, California

Posts: 444 | From: Ventura, California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelsey Dum
Visitor
Member # 6101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelsey Dum   Author's Homepage   Email Kelsey Dum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck, Ricky! If you meet a man named Dean Powell, say hi to him for me. He's my uncle, and I've only been able to meet him once. Have fun on your journey!!!

--------------------
Kelsey Dum
Dum Designs
Sherwood, AR 72120
kelsey@dumdesigns.com

Posts: 827 | From: Sherwood, AR | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amy Brown
Visitor
Member # 1963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amy Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Amy Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where is Warner Robins or your store front? How close to Florida?

Best of luck. Keep chasing your dreams!

--------------------
Amy Brown
Life Skills 101
Private Address

Posts: 3502 | From: Lake Helen, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Amy, WR is right in the center of the state.

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GET OUT........!

CrazyJack

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mercy! This post and your other post are sayin' you're goin' through a thing, Ricky. The planet's must be aligned for all this. I applaud giving that customer what he deserves (other post ... he needs proper punishment), but I don't know about the wife -- even if she does deserve it, but what the hey, Good Luck!

Alaska would be the adventure of a lifetime!

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rosemary
Visitor
Member # 1926

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rosemary         Edit/Delete Post 
What a coincidence! There's a guy here looking for you and he says your wife sent him to find you. He says his name is Guido! And he's wearing Snow Paks! And he has a dog team with him! [Razz]

me [Smile]

Posts: 764 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark M. Kottwitz
Visitor
Member # 1764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark M. Kottwitz   Author's Homepage   Email Mark M. Kottwitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You lucky son of a gun. I went to Alaska last year, and it was the most enjoyable 2 weeks of my life. Of course, getting used to sun light to 11 pm and not getting completely dark took some getting used to.

A little bit of travel advice. When you guys get up there, head up to Cantwell and head down the Denali Highway (and the term is used lightly, considering its a 135 mile dirt and gravel road), and head out to Roosevelt Lake. The lake trout start biting at about 10:30 pm, and they are an absolute blast to catch.

--------------------
Mark Kottwitz
Kottwitz Graphics
Ridgely, MD
www.SeeMySignWork.com
--------------------------
Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 746 | From: Ridgely, MD | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Follow that dream, Brother!

Why the heck do you think I am here in Minnesota? I did the same thing as you. Shed myself of a big misstake and am chasing something I really want.

Pierre says it best... Life is SO good!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, you've never had a burger like the ones served at "Time to Eat" in Cantwell. One time we bought a blueberry pie there and they didn't have anything to put it in so they just lete us take their dish and told us to drop it off on our way back from Denali park a few days later. Thanks for the support guys; Bruce you have a new lease on life my friend; I'm not waiting til I get the big "wake up call" to follow mine. Your tagline is my mantra!

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

Mark M. Kottwitz
Visitor
Member # 1764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark M. Kottwitz   Author's Homepage   Email Mark M. Kottwitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ricky Jackson:
Mark, you've never had a burger like the ones served at "Time to Eat" in Cantwell.

OOOOHHHHHH, yeah... I had a burger there. That thing was huge.

My parents go just about every year to be the campground hosts at Brushkanna.

Edited to add that I wish I could remember that little diner (Steward, mayby) that served Raindeer Omlettes. I guess its a good thing it didn't have a red nose in the middle of the plate... [Rolling On The Floor]

[ May 10, 2006, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Mark M. Kottwitz ]

--------------------
Mark Kottwitz
Kottwitz Graphics
Ridgely, MD
www.SeeMySignWork.com
--------------------------
Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 746 | From: Ridgely, MD | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike O'Neill   Author's Homepage   Email Mike O'Neill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky ... leave some fish for the tourists and don't forget your longjohn's.

Hope it works for you ... keep us posted, even Alaska has internet.

Take Care ...

Mike

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

Posts: 3094 | From: Labrador City, NF, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dusty Campbell
Visitor
Member # 4601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dusty Campbell   Email Dusty Campbell       Edit/Delete Post 
When it's springtime in Alaska it's forty below.

Good luck, I'll miss your posts.

--------------------
Industrious

Posts: 1032 | From: Athens, GA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Taylor
Visitor
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glenn Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Glenn Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck to you and your family, Rick.

Almost forgot..... Don't eat the yellow snow. Its not lemon flavored.

[ May 10, 2006, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Glenn Taylor ]

--------------------
BlueDog Graphics
Wilson, NC

www.BlueDogUSA.com

Warning: A well designed sign may cause fatigue due to increased business.

Posts: 10690 | From: Wilson, NC, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't the mosquito Alaska's state bird? [Wink]

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracie Johnson
Visitor
Member # 6117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracie Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Tracie Johnson       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Pipes:
Isn't the mosquito Alaska's state bird? [Wink]

I always heard it was Minnesota's...

--------------------
Tracie Johnson
Signovations
Ventura, California

Posts: 444 | From: Ventura, California | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

you got that right Mike! I was up near Denali one day and it was like little darts being fired at me. I couldn't hardly breath they were so thick. I always thought Florida was bad but there are *at least* 50 times the amount per any given volumn of space and they are a LOT more agressive. You know it's gotta be bad to stampeed a heard of 500,000 caribou.

Rosemary: "And if she feels betrayed, would you tell her if she could ever come this way, she'd see just how I've been driven, when she sees how I am living. She'd find a way of forgiving." Hobo Jim

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

Jeff Ogden
Resident

Member # 3184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Ogden   Email Jeff Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to talk to you about next February, see how you're liking it then.............

I tried NH once...lived there for 4-5 years. Beautiful countryside, but those warm months sure seemed to get shorter and shorter.

Are you doing another signshop or what? Maybe you could start a tour guide service.

--------------------
Jeff Ogden
8727 NE 68 Terr.
Gainesville FL, 32609

Posts: 2138 | From: 8827 NE 68 Terr Gainesville Fl 32609 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are 27 different kinds of mosquitos in Alaska. Some are big enough to require numbers on the sides.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5089 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rosemary
Visitor
Member # 1926

Ricky: There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men that moil for gold.
That arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.
The nothern lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see......
Was that night on the marge of lake LeBarge that I ............................. [Razz]

me [Smile]

Posts: 764 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Louie Pascuzzi
Resident

Member # 1373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Louie Pascuzzi   Author's Homepage   Email Louie Pascuzzi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky,
If you have the opportunity , chase your dreams. Life is too short.

Godspeed.

Louie

--------------------
Lou Pascuzzi
www.economysigns.com
Fine Hand Lettering since 1973
Danbury, Ct
203-748-4580
"IOAFS"

Posts: 341 | From: Danbury, Ct | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky, Way to go. Sometimes we have to do what our hearts tell us. Go for it!

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Harding
Resident

Member # 108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Harding   Author's Homepage   Email David Harding   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"...cremated Sam McGee."

Robert Service was a poet.

--------------------
David Harding
A Sign of Excellence
Carrollton, TX

Posts: 5089 | From: Carrollton, TX, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stefanie Fox
Visitor
Member # 6523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stefanie Fox   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky,

They are right: life is too short not to be happy. I found myself in the same situation 5 years ago and did what you are about to do-except for that "going to Alaska" part! People ask why I am so happy all the time...it is because I am living my life's dream. Others only dream the dream...Enjoy!

--------------------
Stefanie Fox
Fox Design Studio
Atlanta, GA

Posts: 181 | From: Atlanta GA, USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rosemary
Visitor
Member # 1926

Have you been in a mighty mouthed canyon..... that's plumb full of hush to the brim?

You're gonna love Alaska, Ricky! I have all of the writings of Robert W. Service. You should buy a book of his poems to read on the way, no?

me [Smile]

Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

I already have it sweetie and that line is from "The Spell of The Yukon". Nick Jans is my favorite Alaskan author tho; he stirs my very soul. Thank you all so much for your support.

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

Roy Frisby
Resident

Member # 736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy Frisby   Email Roy Frisby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't let the door hit ya! [Wink]

--------------------
Frisby Signs, Inc.
El Dorado, Arkansas

Posts: 902 | From: El Dorado, Arkansas, USA | Registered: Apr 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Sacks
Resident

Member # 379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Sacks   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Sacks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love your wife more than you love yourself and the rewards will be greater than following your own dream. I realize that is a large challenge, but I truly believe it to be true my friend. I wish you all blessings and good turns.

--------------------
The SignShop
Mendocino, California

http://www.mendosign.com

Making the simple complicated is commonplace;
making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. — Charles Mingus

Posts: 6718 | From: Mendocino, CA. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gene Golden
Resident

Member # 3934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gene Golden   Author's Homepage   Email Gene Golden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky,
So strange to hear this just after that email I sent you.
I guess you were here just long enough to inspire me.

Good Luck!

--------------------
Gene Golden
Gettysburg Signs
Gettysburg PA 17325 717-334-0200
genegolden@gettysburgsigns.com

"Art is knowing when to stop."

Posts: 1578 | From: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura Butler
Visitor
Member # 1830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura Butler   Email Laura Butler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sacks,
I agree. Don't do it Ricky. Try to work it out.

--------------------
Laura Butler
Vision Graphics & Sign
4479 Welch Rd
Attica, Mi 48412

Posts: 2855 | From: Attica, Mi, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky

If I am reading your initial post correctly, following your dream will cost you your marriage? [I Don t Know] I don't want to reply if I am not understanding correctly. Sorry if I misunderstood.

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3486 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Hulsey
Resident

Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Hulsey   Email Don Hulsey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I'm not mistaken, I think they have internet service in Alaska also. That means you can leave town without leaving Letterville. Keep us posted on life in the great white country.

Happy trails...

--------------------
Don Hulsey
Strokes by DON signs
Utica, KY
270-275-9552
sbdsigns@aol.com

I've always been crazy... but it's kept me from going insane.

Posts: 2277 | From: Utica, KY U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Draper
Visitor
Member # 102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Draper   Email Dave Draper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This kind of reminds me of that George Strait song:
She Let Herself Go" only in reverse I'm thinking?

We all make our choices, and then have to live with them (or without them.)

later,

--------------------
Draper The Signmaker / Monumental Designs
http://www.monumentaldesigns.com

Posts: 2883 | From: Bloomington Illinois USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

OK guys, unless you know me and my wife and the "whys" I am doing this, you are not qualified to ask me not to do this. I understand that you don't want our marriage to break up and I appreciate that; it hurts more than you know. But you do not know what I've been putting up with for so long and how unhappy I have been. This is not the end of the world for me or her; we just simply can not live together anymore. The only thing she wants to talk about is "money". She has almost totally stopped helping me in the sign business. My son helps me but, years ago when I saw that he wouldn't work out, I wanted him to get another job where he could be in the real world. His mom "protected" him and he's still here. He comes in usually around 10:30 or 11, sometimes later. He spends every possible moment on My Space; I have to tell him to do each and every little chore. He takes off early almost every day. We pay him $400 a week for that. I bear the burden of sales, fielding almost all the phone calls, keeping up with the inventory, purchases, invoicing, design and production and go-sees. I wanted to sell the business years ago when we could have easily gotten $200,000 for it but she wanted to hold out for $225 and not use a broker. We also got some "Godly advice" that "God gave you that business; you can't sell it!" Needless to say we didn't sell it. I wanted to move to Alaska for 2-3 years and then, if she wanted to, come back here. I'm still here. Everything she does ties us here, putting down deeper and deeper roots. That's not exactly what I consider "honoring and obeying". Our own daughter almost moved to Austrailia just to get off the same continent as she. She is such a drama queen and keeps stuff stirred up continuously; she has a black cloud hanging over her head and forces everyone around her to get rained on. I have no friends because of her; everybody hates her and avoids her like the plague. My mother and both my brothers despises her, as all the rest of my family. Our own son can't stand to be around her and plans on finding another job when I leave. I'm leaving with almost nothing. I'm leaving her with 3 beautiful houses filled with expensive furnishings and a thriving business. When I married her she weighed 104 lbs. I left her when she hit 300, 3 years ago. She's down to about 260 now. I absolutely despise her for not losing the weight. I've paid for 2 years membership at Gold's Gym, every friggin' weight loss program on the market, bought her a top end treadmill, motivational tapes, etc. I've begged, threatened and bribed her with cruises but to no avail. So when you offer advice to me, just imagine what I think of and how that one bit of advice has affected me and cost me my marriage. This isn't an overnight decision and you don't have to live it; I'm the one stuck in this situation. I appreciate your concerns but this is not a debate.

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky,

If I followed other people's advice, I never would have met Dana. After all, what kind of person can you meet on the Internet, eh? I never would have come here to chase my dream. Heck, I never would have even become a sign painter. What the heck does anyone else know that makes them more eminently qualified to know what is best for me? [I Don t Know]

You know what is best for you. I know people have the best intentions but only you can live your life for you. That is one compelling story you weave, Mr. Jackson.

Life is way too short to be unhappy. We, too, left a lot and came here with little more than our household stuff to chase our dream. We are going to come out ahead... somewhere... sometime... somehow.

If you travels dictate that you come through Minneapolis, PLEASE call me! I will drop what I am doing to enjoy your company.

GO FOR IT, DUDE!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i dunno...i'd make sure you give yourself a fair share...i mean you help build it didn't ya...why should you leave with nothing? marriage is definitely a 2 way street...and it sucks if someone changed that much. they stopped caring about themselves and probably project negativity all around them...i feel for ya. i hope everything works out for you!

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post 
No judging here, Ricky. Just a little surprised. Sounds like the boil has festered to a dangerous level. I would never encourage or discourage anyone to leave their mate.

All I will say is I pray you can work it out.

[Group Hug]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3486 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!