Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Corel X3 question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Corel X3 question
James Coover
Visitor
Member # 77

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Coover   Email James Coover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just upgraded to Corel 13..one of my computers has a AMD Athlon (M) processor 1.75 GHZ with 512 MB of ram. One quirk has cropped up..after performing a trace, I'm unable to expand the trace window enough to reveal the OK icon which puts the trace back into Corel draw, I've tried everything...changing monitor resolution etc. My question is....does this progam require a Pentium processor only?? Perhaps someone can steer me to a good Corel fourm to ask this question.

--------------------
Coover Sign & Design
114 Markwardt
Joplin, Mo 64801

Posts: 111 | From: Joplin, Missouri 64801 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Eisenreich
Visitor
Member # 1444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Eisenreich   Email Steve Eisenreich       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No works great on my AMD Athlon did you change the resolution and then restart CorelDraw or did you change resolution with Corel still open? If I remember right I think that is the fix I never had the problem but I think some people were trying to work in Corel at 800x600 I normally use 1600x1200 or higher with 2 monitors.

--------------------
Steve Eisenreich
Dezine Signs
PO BOX 6052 Stn Forces
Cold Lake, Alberta
T9M 2C5

Posts: 774 | From: Cold Lake | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Coover
Visitor
Member # 77

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Coover   Email James Coover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank You Steve..I did as you suggested..I bumped up the resolution to the max and solved my problem I've got to squint a little to read the icons...(partly due to ole age)However this saved me about $600.00, as I was about to purchase a new computer..Thanks again!

--------------------
Coover Sign & Design
114 Markwardt
Joplin, Mo 64801

Posts: 111 | From: Joplin, Missouri 64801 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Eisenreich
Visitor
Member # 1444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Eisenreich   Email Steve Eisenreich       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glade I could help. How big is your monitor? Maybe it is time to spend that $600.00 on 2 nice 19" LCDs I have always said spend lots on your monitor to save your eyes and then buy the best keyboard and mouse if your mouse still has a ball just throw it away.

--------------------
Steve Eisenreich
Dezine Signs
PO BOX 6052 Stn Forces
Cold Lake, Alberta
T9M 2C5

Posts: 774 | From: Cold Lake | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tim
Visitor
Member # 1699

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tim   Email Tim       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey James!

Now that you have your resolution set, if you want, you can also increase the size of the fonts and icons as well. Click on advanced tab in the same dialogue box where you set res. Try clicking on "large fonts" and see if you like it, and if too big or not big enough, try custom. I have mine set large, or 125% normal size.

Gives you the best of both worlds, nice high res, plus readable icons for older eyes....

--------------------
Tim Rieck Signs
Halfmoon Bay, BC

Posts: 736 | From: Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, guys! I'd fixed the resolution problem before but hadn't noticed about the fonts... cool!

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!