Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Burn Baby Burn!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Burn Baby Burn!
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you just gotta meet a friend of mine whose on fire!

Not only is this guy an ARTIST ...with a capital A ... but a BUSINESSMAN ... with a capital B

His name is Mike, ... and you may have heard of him. [Wink] Check out what he's been up to lately.

Since there is flash involved, I don't think I can take you to a link directly.
So follow this route once you are on the site.

* click on gaming (lower left arrow)
* click graphic under revolutionary new product (top thing in left hand column)
* click start for flash
Read the list of features to the right of the photo.

www.dell.com

Incidentally .... Dell contacted Mike about this venture.

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith Myers
Resident

Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keith Myers   Author's Homepage   Email Keith Myers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dangit, I just bought a plain ole' black and grey XPS

--------------------
Keith Myers
SignOn Enterprises
222 E. 3rd St
Burkburnett, TX 76354
940-569-3000
keith@signonsigns.com
www.SignOnSigns.com

Posts: 149 | From: Burkburnett, Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, That is great for Mike!

A gig like this should set him up for life!

Congrats! I couldn't happen to a better guy!

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dale Manor
Resident

Member # 4858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dale Manor   Author's Homepage   Email Dale Manor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just plain cool!

Congrats Mike wherever you are?

--------------------
Dale Manor

Studio in the Sky
Minnesota

dalemanor@netscape.net

"Be who you are and say what you want, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss

http://studiointhesky.weebly.com/
http://studiointhesky.blogspot.com/

Posts: 2120 | From: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David McDonald
Visitor
Member # 3433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David McDonald   Email David McDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Balls of Fire!!!

--------------------
David McDonald
Palm Harbor Florida USA

david@dlmcdonald.com

Posts: 102 | From: Palm Harbor FL | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Perkins
Resident

Member # 156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Perkins   Author's Homepage   Email George Perkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh now that is cool!!!!!! Way to go Mike and a big tip of the hat to Dell for not slappin stickers on it! A signed piece of artwork, how cool!!!!

--------------------
George Perkins
Millington,TN.
goatwell@bigriver.net

"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left"

www.perkinsartworks.com

Posts: 4320 | From: Millington, TN. USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right George ... and better yet ...
I think they are selling at about 10 grand each!

Sweet!

Little Letterhead done good ... in grand fashion!

Next time any of you out there think about devaluing your own work ... give it a second thought!

Nettie

--------------------

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark M. Kottwitz
Visitor
Member # 1764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark M. Kottwitz   Author's Homepage   Email Mark M. Kottwitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... I was gonna say I gotta get me one of those, but I don't think my accountant could even begin to justify that kind of expense... Much less me justifing it to my fiancee...

But that is one bad a** machine.

--------------------
Mark Kottwitz
Kottwitz Graphics
Ridgely, MD
www.SeeMySignWork.com
--------------------------
Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 746 | From: Ridgely, MD | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Milne
Visitor
Member # 4621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Milne   Email Rick Milne       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool - and a great tax write-off if you need to upgrade equipment!

Rick

--------------------
Rick
Tam Arte Design Studio
Downingtown, PA
milne2@msn.com

Posts: 278 | From: Downingtown, PA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is he going to do them in the green flame too? That would be awesome!
Those are just too neat!!!

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Chrimes
Resident

Member # 5864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James Chrimes   Author's Homepage   Email James Chrimes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know if he painted each indivually or if he painted on and they reproduced it?

--------------------
JIM CHRIMES
BACON GRAPHICS
56 SUMMIT ROAD
NEWPORT, NH 03773
bacongraphics.com

Posts: 283 | From: Newport, NH | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Shortreed
Deceased Mayor

Member # 436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Shortreed   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's nothing better than watching Mike on TV and bragging to all "Hey! That's my buddy!"

Here's a couple interesting links from the days Mike was still Our Star.

http://www.letterhead.com/meets/pinhead99/index.html

http://www.letterhead.com/profiles/lavallee/index.html

Hey Mike! Those KillerPaint T's are always a big hit on Resident Draw nights. [Smile]

--------------------
Steve Shortreed
144 Hill St., E.
Fergus, Ontario
Canada N1M 1G9
519-787-2673

steve@letterville.com

www.letterville.com/profiles/shortreed/

Posts: 3710 | From: Fergus, Ontario, Canada | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was gonna say those had to be pretty expensive machines to get custom fire treatments.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

James, each one is an original ... signed by Mike Lavallee and Michael Dell.

--------------------

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

www.janettebalogh.com

bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
holy damn! not to take away from the paint but did you read what this thing has in it?! awesome!!!!

very cool sounds on that link also janette that thing just lit up my surround sound! very well done....it must be cool to be able to do stuff like that...its waaaaaay over my head! good job!

i gotta getta a dell!

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Utter
Visitor
Member # 634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Utter   Email Dave Utter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw one in my new computer power user mag, and thought it looked like someone had been rippin' Mike off. I had no idea mike had hand done each one! cool beans. Now I want one!

--------------------
Dave Utter
D-utterguy on chat
Sign Designs
Beardstown, Il.
signdesigns@casscomm.com

Posts: 777 | From: beardstown, illinois, usa | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Sartain
Visitor
Member # 241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Sartain   Email Karen Sartain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang...and I just bought the XPS 400....I came sooooo close to the XPS 600, but then figured I really didn't need that much power. Wonder what it will go for??

--------------------
Karen Sartain,'Pisel' on chat
11699 E Hwy 181
Willcox, Arizona 85643

We are not human beings on a spiritual journey.We are spiritual beings on a human journey."-Stephen Covey

Posts: 336 | From: Chiricahua National Monument, Az | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good on you for having the skills, & the business acumen too!

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a great story...proud of ya Mike...ruff ruff

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarge
Deceased

Member # 1022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarge   Email sarge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good on ya Mike...Damn fine work!

--------------------
John "sarge" Serjeant
Executive Director of
"Hardly Normal Signs"
sarge.signs@bigpond.com
3 Balyando Drive
Nerang
Queensland 4211
Australia
61 07 5578 2495

Posts: 255 | From: Nerang, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Lavallee
Visitor
Member # 320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Lavallee   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Lavallee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Guys< They where a lot of hard work let me tell you! we're working on other things with DELL at the moment too. Each one of those systems also comes with a 30" monitor!

--------------------
Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, And Dance like no one's watching. :)
Mike Lavallee
Mike Lavallee's Pinstriping & Airbrush Art
Everett, WA

Posts: 449 | From: Everett, WA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jake snow
Resident

Member # 5889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jake snow   Author's Homepage   Email jake snow       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike, have you ever heard of a brusher' named Bert Ballowe out in my neck of the woods?

--------------------
Snow's Sign Works
865-908-0076
snowman@planetc.com
www.snowsigns.com

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Posts: 1640 | From: Sevierville, TN | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Chapman
Resident

Member # 361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Chapman   Author's Homepage   Email Raymond Chapman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, Mike. It's always great to hear when nice guys get good deals.

In another 50 years there will be teens running around with Mike's name on their shirts thinking he was a fashion designer or an old rock star.

--------------------
Chapman Sign Studio
Temple, Texas
chapmanstudio@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 6306 | From: Temple, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Lavallee
Visitor
Member # 320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Lavallee   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Lavallee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah , Bert's an ol buddy of mine and fellow road dawg!

--------------------
Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, And Dance like no one's watching. :)
Mike Lavallee
Mike Lavallee's Pinstriping & Airbrush Art
Everett, WA

Posts: 449 | From: Everett, WA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!