Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » pricing window stickers..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pricing window stickers..
Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel
Visitor
Member # 3837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel   Author's Homepage   Email Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me pricing a sign seems fairly easy enough.. Pricing window stickers seems to be a bit challenging.. These would be customer applied (intermidate) vinyl letters. Three colors, white red, and black ( not my choice of colors or design). Total length is 22" x4" .How would you price these (explantion please on how you came up with price)  - using my old Sign writers guide I came up with $12.35 for the red, $13.60 for the black, and $13.00 for the outline. This seemed kinda high? He usually buys about a dozen or two at a time to give to his customers.. [I Don t Know] Can ya help a brutha out?

--------------------
Gonzalo Curiel
Peewee Signs & designs
Oroville Ca 95965

peeweepinstriping@comcast.net www.signspeeweedesigns.com

Posts: 845 | From: Oroville,Ca. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harvie Loomis
Resident

Member # 1635

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harvie Loomis   Email Harvie Loomis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Peewee,

I have had a number of requests such as your over the years. I am going on the assumption that Spangler Sound is a customer of yours and that you have their logo in your files. If that is the case, here is what I do. If it takes you 1 hour to cut, weed, and apply application tape to (12) 3 color sets of Spangler Sound, charge your normal hourly rate plus the cost of materials. If your rate is $50 per hour divide that by 12 and add material costs. The cost per set looks to be around $5 each. If that seems a bit light, feel free to add extra for aggravation, etc. My only concern is how customers of Spangler Sound are goung to apply a 3 color graphic. I would not want "their application" to be a reflection on your company.
I would encourage you to convince Spangler Sound to go with one color and reduce the size to make it easy to apply.

Good Luck,
Harvie Loomis

--------------------
Harvie Loomis
Loomis Signs
76 Cortright Hill Road
Newark Valley, NY 13811
(607)642-8616
tozrox@frontiernet.net

Posts: 47 | From: Newark Valley, NY 13811 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Stephens
Visitor
Member # 858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Stephens   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Stephens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off in this day and age I don't think I would mess with layered vinyl. Outsource the job to someone with a print and cut machine and then mark it up.

I would retail them for about $25.00 each with transfer tape.

Thats what I charge for a 3" x 24" digital print, contour graphic where the customer does the install.

--------------------
Bob Stephens
Skywatch Signs
Zephyrhills, FL

www.skywatchsigns.com
www.skywatchgallery.com

Posts: 2481 | From: Zephyrhills, Florida | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikes Mischeif
Visitor
Member # 1744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mikes Mischeif   Email Mikes Mischeif       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's my take.

I'd run those on our printer. The customer would only apply one piece.
Here is the pricing.

Total sq inches per decal: 88
Number of decals: 12
total sq. inches 12 x 88:1056
total sq. ft. 1056 divided by 144: 7.3
Cost per sq. ft. $14.00
total cost: 14 x 7.3 : $102.
Cost per decal: 102 divided by 12: $8.50 each

add a dollar to uv clear

Math is fun

Our prices reflect Signcrafts 2006 pricing guilde @75/hr rate

[ March 03, 2006, 12:29 AM: Message edited by: Mikes Mischeif ]

--------------------
Mike Duncan
Lettercraft Signs

Posts: 1328 | From: Centreville, VA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Checkers
Resident

Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Checkers   Author's Homepage   Email Checkers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya Peewee,
As it's been mentioned, it would depend on if you have the file created.
Using the default settings in Estimate, and figuring in a half hour for design, one decal would cost about $92. That would also allow for about 30 minutes of production to run it through the edge, weed tape, etc.
If the client ordered 10, a 10 % discount would apply and the retail price would be about $12 each. I added another 15 minutes to my production time to cover the additional labor of babysitting the printer and the additional weeding, etc.
I don't own an Edge yet, so I'll have to be careful how I would price these because my material costs will be a little higher but I don't have the fixed cost of owning the machine.

Havin' fun,

Checkers

--------------------
a.k.a. Brian Born
www.CheckersCustom.com
Harrisburg, Pa
Work Smart, Play Hard

Posts: 3775 | From: Harrisburg, Pa. U.S.A. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel
Visitor
Member # 3837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel   Author's Homepage   Email Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys ,He is an old friend of mine as for application he would apply them. He has done them in the past and they look good.I was thinking $10-$12for a set would seem fair, $38 seemed kinda high. As for now another shop had been doing them until he found out that I could do them, and now the account is mine. He is going to let me know what he was paying them ...I was just wondering te best way to price them . thanks again!

--------------------
Gonzalo Curiel
Peewee Signs & designs
Oroville Ca 95965

peeweepinstriping@comcast.net www.signspeeweedesigns.com

Posts: 845 | From: Oroville,Ca. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Figured this might come in handy...

When I'm doing multiples of layered vinyl, having a step and repeat helps.
Figure 1: Create a box around the overall design and cut the bottom color (usually the outline).

Figure 2: At the four corners of ALL the images, do a quick cut with an xacto, leaving a triangle in each corner for registration.
 -

Figure 3: Keeping the same bounding boxes, align and cut the second color's corners. After laying out application tape over the second color, slice the tips of the corners off so it can be aligned to the bottom color.

Figure 4: Align the corners as shown...
 -

Remove application tape and repeat step 3 & 4 for each additional color, keeping the application tape on the last color. Cut into individual images when done.

Six at once...
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!