Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » I am woman . . . hear me roar . . . .

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am woman . . . hear me roar . . . .
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate workin' with (some)women . . . . [Bash] and I are one . . .

Well here's the pattern of phone calls occuring over the last 2 weeks, into the ridiculous party it has became today:

Woman 1 calls.
'Please call woman 2 about sign changes. Here's the number. Call her next week.'

Sign woman delays call as directed.

Three days later. . .
Woman 1 calls back: Did you call woman 2 yet?

Sign woman rolls eyes, and calls woman 2, who's not in, of course. Sign woman leaves message with woman secretary.

Two days later:
Woman 1 calls AGAIN. This time says: "Call woman 3 about this job." Sign woman inquires, "Not woman TWO??? You told me to call woman 2 and I already did . . . "

Woman 1 says "NOT woman 2. Call woman 3"

MEANWHILE . . . back at the ranch . . .

Woman 2 calls . . .she leaves a message since sign woman is out, saying "Call me ASAP about the sign!"

[Roll Eyes]

Sign woman has already called woman 3 who is also cluless. Woman 3 says "Call a man -here's his name and number"

Sign woman sighs relief and returns call to woman 2 to share the good news.

Woman 2 is not in, again.
Woman secretary wants to know who's calling and why. Sign woman gives name and seretary says Hi! and makes small talk as Sign woman tries to explain a simple message to give woman 2.

Woman secretary THEN asks a lot of questions and is very confused by it all, THEN woman secretary takes it upon herself to call woman 1, who instigated this whole mess to begin with, while sign woman tries to eplain how un-neccesary it is to call HER at this point...

Finally, sign woman makes woman secretary understand to JUST leave a message for Woman 2 to call sign woman back PLEASE, who'll explain everything.

[Roll Eyes]

I hate women . . .

Oh yeh . . . the man??

His woman secretary says he's out to lunch and 'errands'.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Pipes
Visitor
Member # 1573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Pipes   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Pipes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile]

Time for YOU to appoint one of those women as the designated contact and project leader, refusing to speak to anyone about it unless they are that dedicated person.

I've dealt with architects that would circumvent the Project Manager on a job and call me directly with changes/directives, when I contracted to an engineering firm. I always had to get pretty stern with them about going through the proper channels. The PM has to be kept in the loop and when it comes right down to it, they go making changes to stuff the PM has to know for billing it.

One designated contact - that's it.

--------------------
"If I share all my wisdom I won't have any left for myself."

Mike Pipes
stickerpimp.com
Lake Havasu, AZ
mike@stickerpimp.com

Posts: 8746 | From: Lake Havasu, AZ USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a committee full of members with broken fingers...only 1 can dial a telephone & tell you to call the others. That's ridiculous. Tell woman #1 she has 2 choices....

have whoever your ONE contact on this sign is to call you (emphasize ONE)
OR
if she wants you to continue to waste time talking to numerous people instead of working on jobs you have in the shop then your hourly rate is $xxx and that additional time will be billed to them.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh definitely. Y'all are absolutely right.

By the way, I just got back . . .

Woman 2 called and said unless I need her, leave her out of this and do whatever woman 1 said.
[Razz] [Big Grin]

How come SHE got out of this so easy??

lol

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because woman 2 is smart, that's why!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe woman 2 used to be a guy....?
Nah, guys are just as bad but less sneaky.
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rene Giroux
Resident

Member # 4980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rene Giroux   Author's Homepage   Email Rene Giroux   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woman 1, woman 2, woman 3... sounds like my prom night...

Hhhhmmmmm, back to the main subject, can't they just drive up to your shop???

This reminds of people who mis-use the drive-thru and slow my days down. Drive-thru is for when you know what you want...I hate people who drive up to the window and then enquire about what on the racks !!!

Tell'em to show up at your shop and quit wasting your time...

--------------------
Rene Giroux
Perfexion.ca
Gatineau, QC.

www.renegiroux.com

I'd rather regret things I did than things I didn't do!

Posts: 1875 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teresa Bostic
Visitor
Member # 6214

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teresa Bostic   Email Teresa Bostic       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have very few women friends.
Women are dangerous. Kind of makes me glad I AM one, though. If they're scary to me, I can imagine what men must think.
I DID notice they are a lot nicer to me since I dyed my hair red, though. Actually, everyone is a lot nicer.

--------------------
Teresa Bostic
Bilbrey Signs, Inc.
Cookeville, TN

Posts: 173 | From: Cookeville, TN | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell Woman 1 to quit #1'ing around.

Tell Woman 2 to #2 or get off the pot.

Tell woman 3 you're not into that kind of thing.

Zero in on man "double 0 - 7" and get the skinny.

These women may make you shaken, but don't let them stir you.

Heheheheh.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephen Deveau
Visitor
Member # 1305

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Stephen Deveau         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is this what People call a... "CAT FIGHT?" [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]
SORRY I meant..... [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
Stephen Deveau
RavenGraphics
Insinx Digital Displays

Letting Your Imagination Run Wild!

Posts: 4327 | From: Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bruce ward
Visitor
Member # 1289

Icon 8 posted      Profile for bruce ward   Author's Homepage   Email bruce ward   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this aint nothing...wait till you do the job and try and get paid. several options you may hear then:

"girl that writes checks aint here"

"im sorry do you have a PO with all your insurance and a release form filled out?"

"im not showing who authorized this sign to be manufactured"

[Rolling On The Floor] " you need to be in touch with our corporate headquarters located in botswana"

"whats sign"

"have you put it up yet?"

--------------------
You ever notice how easily accessible people are when they are requiring your services but once they get invoice you can't reach them anymore

http://www.visual-images-signs.com/#!

VISUAL IMAGES
MONTGOMERY, AL

Posts: 2033 | From: Montgomery, AL, usa | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jack wills
Resident

Member # 521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jack wills   Email jack wills   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's on first...
I dunno....
he's on second....
But, who's on first.....?

CrazyJack

--------------------
Jack Wills
Studio Design Works
1465 E.Hidalgo Circle
Nye Beach / Newport, OR

Posts: 2914 | From: Rocklin, CA. USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Ellis
Visitor
Member # 6353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harry Ellis   Email Harry Ellis       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the type of customer I'd rather not have.

Maybe you should refer her to your favorite competitor. You could be doing both of them, not to mention yourself, a favor.

[ February 27, 2006, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Harry Ellis ]

--------------------
Harry Ellis Signs
East End Sign Co.
Montauk Point, Long Island, NY

"Happiness in a cheap price is soon overcome by the bitterness of poor quality"

Posts: 17 | From: Montauk, NY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First thing I'd tell them is you chose to do business with them cause they have such great minds and have a like sense of humor that you do.
Then explain that you don't two-time the boss and let them figure it out!

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janette Balogh
Resident

Member # 192

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janette Balogh   Author's Homepage   Email Janette Balogh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha... Sheila, that explains the "think like a man" part of your tag line. [Smile]

I say, like anything, it depends on the woman. (or man) I've had some great experiences working with gals.

I've worked with the "power woman" type of gal, and have not enjoyed it at all. It's like a woman trying to act like an arrogant man, and over compensating with a royal "bitch" factor.

I just don't like dealing with unorganized, condescending, and/or arrogant people. No matter the gender.

I think it all comes down to how you handle them. Some folks just need to have the reigns pulled abit tighter. Just don't let your customer's set the rules on you.

I've learned this lesson (with two men ... partners in a business). Either disignate one person ONLY, to deal with you on the signs, or set up a meeting where every person is present in the discussion about signs. And, whatever you do, put stuff in writing, and have it signed off by one authorized person, or all parties involved ... other wise you'll be in the he said/she said maze. (or in this case she said/she said [Smile]

Nettie

--------------------
"When Love and Skill Work Together ... Expect a Masterpiece"

Janette Balogh
Creative Studio

janette@janettebalogh.com
www.janettebalogh.com

Posts: 5092 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Williams
Visitor
Member # 691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Williams   Email Bruce Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? You play phone-tag? Well, this is what you get. It's a dumb client who'd expect such a thing. To explain why would be like explaining Four to someone who can only count to Three. Tell 'em it's company policy, or insurance regulations, or something. But in any event, We Don't Do Phone-Tag

--------------------
Bruce Williams
Lexington KY

Posts: 945 | From: Lexington, KY, USA | Registered: Mar 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
W. R. Pickett
Visitor
Member # 3842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for W. R. Pickett   Email W. R. Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and usually the cheaper the sign the more the goofs get "all in a bunch" over it!

--------------------
WR Pickett
Richmond, Va.

Posts: 1955 | From: Richmond, Va. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jake snow
Resident

Member # 5889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jake snow   Author's Homepage   Email jake snow       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Women.....Gotta love em

women.... I meant people in general [Smile]

--------------------
Snow's Sign Works
865-908-0076
snowman@planetc.com
www.snowsigns.com

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Posts: 1640 | From: Sevierville, TN | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile]
You know what to say . . .

Anyway . . .y'all know as well as I do. . .
this would'a NEVER happened with men . . .
at least, I can say not with any of the fellas I do business with.

. . . hmmmm . . .
mabey THAT'S why I like men so much . . . [Wink]
[Razz]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!