Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Epson 3000 problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Epson 3000 problem
Tony McDonald
Resident

Member # 1158

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Tony McDonald   Email Tony McDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't figure out what's causing this, but I'm getting thin red lines accross the prints. Probably about 20 thin lines in an inch. It may print 5 or 6 sheets just fine and then the red lines start.

Sometimes I can delete that job and print again getting the same results.

I've tried re-installing the driver, a different cable, cleaned print heads, ran the alignment a couple times. I think I have tried all the print settings twice. Even took it all apart and cleaned what I could get to.

Using XP and parallel cable.

I've checked a couple other boards and have tried a couple things.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tony

--------------------
Ace Graphics & Printing
Camdenton, MO. USA

acegraphics1@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1196 | From: Camdenton, MO. USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keith Myers
Resident

Member # 5051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keith Myers   Author's Homepage   Email Keith Myers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might sound strange, but have you checked to see if there is a hair or lint stuck on the print head...don't ask me how I know !!

--------------------
Keith Myers
SignOn Enterprises
222 E. 3rd St
Burkburnett, TX 76354
940-569-3000
keith@signonsigns.com
www.SignOnSigns.com

Posts: 149 | From: Burkburnett, Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tony McDonald
Resident

Member # 1158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony McDonald   Email Tony McDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Keith, thanks for the reply.

At this point nothing sounds too strange....it's sure got me baffled.

The lines are the right size to be a hair. It's just wierd how it works fine one minute, then it starts. It seems to be the worst at 1440 mode.

I will check it out.

--------------------
Ace Graphics & Printing
Camdenton, MO. USA

acegraphics1@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1196 | From: Camdenton, MO. USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Sharrard
Resident

Member # 388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Sharrard   Email Robin Sharrard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tony, Try disconnecting the parallel cable at both ends and reconnecting them. This has worked for me in the past. Your cable can also be effected by electro magnetic interferrence caused by machinery or other electric driven equipment, especially if you have a longer then normal cable. I had a CD Player that I set up on a shelf above my 3000 and everytime I played a CD and tried to print, I'd get the same kind of lines you are describing. Moved it and the lines stopped. The excess ink-well and pads inside your printer may be getting full. There is a censor there and if it gets to that point the printer will stop working and all the red lights will light up. It's about $200.00 to have it cleaned and a new ink-well put in, and well worth the security of not having your printer quit in the middle of a job...Robin

--------------------
Robin Sharrard
Sharrard Graphics & Sign
Fallon, Nevada
rds@phonewave.net
"Proud $$$ Supporter"

Posts: 282 | From: Fallon, Nevda, USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!