Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Waiting for the miracle!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Waiting for the miracle!
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its hard to concentrate on work today.... excitement is building!

Janis' & Bec's stable of minature horses is growing steadily. There are six miniature horses out in the paddock currently... and soon to be SEVEN! One mare is ready to foal any hour now and we await the miracle about to happen.

I can watch them from my studio window... and they all look to be as excited as us... pacing anxiously... something tiny is coming!

Stay tuned!

-grampa dan

[ February 16, 2006, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Dan Sawatzky ]

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is so cool Dan! Please keep us posted.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just listening to a radio program yesterday where a woman spoke of bringing troubled teenagers to her farm to witness the foaling...she said it was amazing to see these hardened kids with tears running down their cheeks. I have never had the opportunity to see a foal being born...I sure would love to though, I understand it is a breathtaking experience watching the foal try to break out of it's sac.

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teresa Bostic
Visitor
Member # 6214

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teresa Bostic   Email Teresa Bostic       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We bought a mare a few months from foalng and WOW what an experience. His name is Nakoma (think about that one, tv trivia) and he's now three, just broken and ready for this spring. They are quarter horses.

How 'bout now, any news yet???

--------------------
Teresa Bostic
Bilbrey Signs, Inc.
Cookeville, TN

Posts: 173 | From: Cookeville, TN | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark M. Kottwitz
Visitor
Member # 1764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark M. Kottwitz   Author's Homepage   Email Mark M. Kottwitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my contractors wife came by the shop yesterday with her 2 week old apaloosa fold. He is the cutest thing, and just as friendly.

Dan, you have got to get pictures and post them for all these "Aunts & Uncles" on here.

--------------------
Mark Kottwitz
Kottwitz Graphics
Ridgely, MD
www.SeeMySignWork.com
--------------------------
Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 746 | From: Ridgely, MD | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay Allen
Resident

Member # 195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jay Allen   Author's Homepage   Email Jay Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When we did the Walldog Dejavous in Kenlake in 1999, my wife and my son and I went out exploring at Land Between the Lakes.

We stopped and watched a baby buffalo being born - and like the dozen other people who stopped their cars to watch, stayed until the newborn was up and walking around. We were there as it was coming out right up to the end. Very cool. Certainly a first for a non-farm boy like me. Very cool pictures, too.

Some dicey things to watch if you're about ready to go to supper - but for my 8 year old son (at the time) it was one hell of a lesson in the world around him!!

In Land Between the Lakes (a peninsula between Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley), all the buffalo walk around free. So we were just lucky to see it.

Ah, the things some of us forget to stop and appreciate!!

--------------------
Jay Allen
ShawCraft Sign Co.
Machesney Park, IL
jallen222@aol.com
http://www.shawcraft.com/

"The object of the superior man is truth."
-Confucius

Posts: 1285 | From: Machesney Park, IL, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catharine C. Kennedy
Resident

Member # 4459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catharine C. Kennedy   Email Catharine C. Kennedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was lucky enough to see a calf being born a few years ago (the cow was then referred to as "de-calfinated")
LOL!

--------------------
Catharine C. Kennedy
CCK Graphics
1511 Route 28
Chatham Center, NY 12184
cck1620@taconic.net
"Look at me,
Look at me, Look at me now!
I't's fun to have fun,
But you have to know how!"

Posts: 2173 | From: downtown Chatham Center, NY | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Stewart-Koster
Resident

Member # 3500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Stewart-Koster   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Stewart-Koster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Dan- I don't mean to seem to hijack this thread with some 'unminiature' horses, but four years ago i took these, with a little digital camera (300k pix was the max), and it was pitch black at night, just the tiny flash on the camera, and some fun with photoshop 6 & layer masking!

It was for a clydesdale newsletter and later used as a calendar pic. I'm not sure how well it'll show this small, but I hope you enjoy the mini as much as we did this foal. Last year he won Reserve Champion Stallion at Brisbane Royal Show, as well as numerous smaller championships.  -

--------------------
"Stewey" on chat

"...there are no limits when you aim for perfection..." Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Posts: 7014 | From: Highgrove via Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhhhh that sounds exciting! And I know the feeling all too well.

At the farm I had a cow ready to pop. When she was in discomfort I was instructed to watch her through the night every 3 hours or so. (long night) The next morning she was standing again and nothing transpired. Seemed to be a false alarm.

The following morning I went to feed her, and went back into the house. Moments later from inside, I looked out and there were waaaay too many legs holding her up. I threw on my coat again and there standing behind her were TWIN CALVES! She calved in a matter of minutes all on her own without even a moo!

I hope you don't mind Cody and I coming over for a peek after your little one arrives!

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are still waiting for the event here....

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!