Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » What Happened to Powerquest Drive Copy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What Happened to Powerquest Drive Copy?
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to copy my old drive to a NEw drive and the version i have of Drive Copy is 2002. Wanting to use the latest version I went to www.powerquest.com only to find out it goes directly to Symantec's website. FIguring they had been bought out by Symantec I searched for the product only to find it is gone.

Is there a comparable product anyone is using with success?

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul McDowell
Visitor
Member # 5092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul McDowell   Author's Homepage   Email Paul McDowell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Norton Ghost can create drive images.

http://www.symantec.com/home_homeoffice/products/backup_recovery/ghost10/index.html

--------------------
Paul McDowell
7 Hills Signs
Virginia

Posts: 84 | From: Lynchburg, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nortons is buying out and closing a lot of our favorite utilities.

They already ruined and closed sygate firewall for one. DRive copy is another.
They cant beat them by delivering a good product / marketing, they can only beat them buy purchasing them out... [Frown]

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Fisher
Visitor
Member # 107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Fisher   Email David Fisher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Emule

--------------------
David Fisher
D.A. & P.M. Fisher Services
Brisbane Australia
da_pmf@yahoo.com
Trying out a new tag:
"Parents are the bones on which children cut their teeth
Peter Ustinov

Posts: 1450 | From: Brisbane Queensland Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul,

Yes Norton's Ghost can create images but does not state that it will in fact copy drives. As a matter of fact after yesterdays dealings with Norton I am on a bee-line to rid myself of any Norton Product. Nortons is not what it used to be. I talked to about 12 different people and got the run around from everyone of them. Not ONE of them knew anything about the products except how to take your credit card info or tech support. That ought to tell you something right there.

Run as fast as you can from Nortons. Those who have preached that here before are in the know.

[ February 16, 2006, 08:19 AM: Message edited by: Bob Rochon ]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Dave I googled Emule to find that it is a file sharing software.

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

Paul McDowell
Visitor
Member # 5092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul McDowell   Author's Homepage   Email Paul McDowell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could try retrospect then. They specialize in backup software. Not sure if that will fit your needs though.

As for Norton, PC World knows more about it than I do (and apparently Nortons people as well)

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,117215,00.asp

--------------------
Paul McDowell
7 Hills Signs
Virginia

Posts: 84 | From: Lynchburg, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acronis disk drive products are what I like to use... New nortons are not in my arsenal at all..

To copy a drive,,,
Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/powerutilities/?source=google&ad=froogle+apu&gclid=CKaUuM_HnYMCFSAZLAodWXEaLw

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!