Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » A really dumb computer question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A really dumb computer question
Dawn Ellis
Resident

Member # 3529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn Ellis   Email Dawn Ellis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm embarassed to ask this but haven't been able to figure it out on my own. How do you print an index of what is on a CD? I have windows XP.

--------------------
Dawn Ellis
Signs by Dawn
Long Beach, CA
signsbydawn@aol.com

Trust yourself. Listen to the voice within. It is always right.

Posts: 456 | From: Long Beach, California | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dawn do you mean on a lable for the CD? If you bought some, did you get the program to go along with them?

-

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teresa Bostic
Visitor
Member # 6214

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Teresa Bostic   Email Teresa Bostic       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine always asks, right after I finish burning one if I want to print one?

--------------------
Teresa Bostic
Bilbrey Signs, Inc.
Cookeville, TN

Posts: 173 | From: Cookeville, TN | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James McLain
Visitor
Member # 4877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for James McLain   Author's Homepage   Email James McLain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not really a dumb question. XP and Windows in general have made it more difficult to get a basic listing of what's in a particular folder or on a disk.

I think this may help you. If I understand your question correctly, what you really want is a directory listing. If you follow the instructions on this page from Microsoft correctly, you will now have a "Print Directory Listing" option accessible by simply right clicking the mouse on any folder, disk drive or other storage device such as a CD.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321379

--------------------
Jim McLain
McLain Studios
1203 Main Street
Asbury Park, NJ 07712
jlm@mclainstudios.com

Posts: 42 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn Ellis
Resident

Member # 3529

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn Ellis   Email Dawn Ellis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jim, yes, you understood my poorly worded question. I want to be able to print the directory (contents) of the CD. Thanks for your link. I followed the instructions to create a print directory file. Now my computer will not open folders. It goes into 'search companion' instead of opening the folder.

In order to fix this (according to this link) I need to edit the registry. There is a warning that that editing the registry may cause serious problems . . . So I think I'd rather restore my computer to before I tried this! Please can you tell me how to do this?

Si . . . I really do look and feel just like that cartoon you posted!!!

--------------------
Dawn Ellis
Signs by Dawn
Long Beach, CA
signsbydawn@aol.com

Posts: 456 | From: Long Beach, California | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn Ellis
Resident

Member # 3529

Well, thank goodness for the restore function. Back to before I tried to do this! Thanks Jim for that link, those instructions were exactly what I was looking for, however I think this is a project for my computer guy. Thanks everyone again.

--------------------
Dawn Ellis
Signs by Dawn
Long Beach, CA
signsbydawn@aol.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!