Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Here I go again...9 days without a cig! (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Here I go again...9 days without a cig!
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lou Rawls - - Dead today at age 72 from Lung Cancer.

72 doesn't seem that old anymore.....

Keep up the good willpower folks! You can do it! You're stronger than those things....and your family and friends love you and want you around for a good long time.

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only the 2nd day & already I could smell how bad even my bedroom smells!!!!

I do have to be honest. I have been doing very well, but when it DOES hit me, it hits, & after not smoking pot for over 13 years, the thought kept coming to my mind today! Lol!

I got me some of those "Smarties" to chew on up here in the shop.

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Neurohr
Resident

Member # 2470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Neurohr   Email Mark Neurohr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think as of today I'm in,

D O U B L E D I G I T S!!!!!!!!

Oh ya, this is EEEEeeeeZZZZZZZzzzzz!

How's Bobbie and Jon Today???????????
I assume everybody else is doing good (you are all way ahead of me, except for Bruce that is. But's he's doing good, only trailing me a couple of days)! [Cool]

--------------------
Mark Neurohr "Ernest"
Paintin' Place
141 Sunnyside Road
Kittanning, PA 16201

724-859-0859
mneurohr3@yahoo.com

Posts: 992 | From: Kittanning, Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Neurohr
Resident

Member # 2470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Neurohr   Email Mark Neurohr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's Don?
Did ya get moved??

Bobbie/Jon.....How're ya doin'?

Tomorrow.....Day 13 or 14?? Numbers don't even matter anymore!

--------------------
Mark Neurohr "Ernest"
Paintin' Place
141 Sunnyside Road
Kittanning, PA 16201

724-859-0859
mneurohr3@yahoo.com

Posts: 992 | From: Kittanning, Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Mark! I'm watching all your progress but some have dropped off.. I hope that means you're so busy with your new lifestyles that you don't have time to update!! [Smile]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bill & I are doing fine...anxious to hear word from Bobby & Don and others....I know Don was moving soon. He might not be computer ready yet.

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Spradling
Visitor
Member # 1615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Spradling   Email Jeff Spradling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doing the math based on Don’s last post…it appears he won’t be back here until the 14th.

Good job to all you quitters…I’m sorry…habit displacers. Keep those numbers climbing!

Jeff [Smile]

--------------------
Jeff's Lettering
Lisa,Luke,Dara, and Jeff Spradling
5742 Shattuck Rd. Belvidere, Il.
61008 815-544-0167

Surviving another day.

Posts: 626 | From: Belvidere, IL USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bobbie is doing fine here, but I almost swore repeatedly after Jon made me leave the checkbook at home so I wouldn't spend any money, & I realized I didn't have it when I got to my supplier!!!!!

I had an unbelievably "trying" day today, & hope tomorrow is much better. I get to paint tomorrow, so it HAS to be better!

I have found that Starlight mints taste very good with coffee in the morning, too! Oh, & red licorice go good with Smarties, & those Ricola cough drops keep me from wanting a cig.

My hair smells like shampoo again! My jammies even stunk, & my nightie! Yuck!

7 days now, & still ok!!!!! Boy, it feels good to share it, so thanks for asking & listening, you guys!

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Bobbie, 7 days, way to go!

You are all doing great! This is wonderful that so many of you are able to do this together! I know I'm getting ahead of myself but a word of warning about the 4 month part. Everyone I know who started cheating, started around the 4 months. I think it's long enough to tell yourself you're out of the woods and got it beat, you can just have that one little puff when you are out with your friends. When you get that urge, JUST DON'T Do it!!!

I'm so very proud of you guys!
Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Neurohr
Resident

Member # 2470

ATTAGIRL Bobbie!! This is day:

F O U R T E E N for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You had me wondering for a little while there! Now, isn't it getting a lot easier now?

Wait til Don gets back and sees how ya've done!

--------------------
Mark Neurohr "Ernest"
Paintin' Place
141 Sunnyside Road
Kittanning, PA 16201

724-859-0859
mneurohr3@yahoo.com

Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Actually, this may sound weird, but I am about the same as I was the first couple of days! It has not been too awful bad except for a few times when I swore at Jon (not my nature!), but the cravings that I DO have don't seem to want to go away!

I am sticking with it, tho, & Jon said I am "not accountable" for swearing, since I am fighting the smokes! [Rolling On The Floor]

Jon is doing good, he has one or two a day, but says he will kick it. I leave him alone!

[ January 11, 2006, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Bobbie Rochow ]

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

faye welsh
Visitor
Member # 2524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faye welsh   Email faye welsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey mr. don, just think about a nose hose and dragging tanks of 0/2 around. should be a good persuader. p.s. i never smoked daily. just second hand smoke...fiddles [Smile]

--------------------
Faye Welsh (fiddles)
4848 cherry street
allison park, pa. 15101
fiddles51@yahoo.com

Posts: 259 | From: 4848 Cherry St. Allison Park,Pa. 15101 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carl Wood
Visitor
Member # 1223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carl Wood   Email Carl Wood       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kinda on topic- - - -
anybody here remember the old Jerry Reed novelty song - about cigarettes - can't recall title -
some of the lines were. . "boo on cigarettes" -
"Quitten cigarettes. . .I dunno whether to cough or to shake. . .I think I'll make me a cough shake !
it was one of them talkin songs back in the '70's - funny as -well. . .

--------------------
Carl Wood
Olive Branch, Ms

Posts: 1392 | From: Olive Branch,MS USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Faye, I feel for you, honey. I take my neighbor to get his groceries now, & he has emphazema, & we carry his tanks around with us. He is hooked up to one running in the house at all times, too.

A couple of months ago, his oxygen was too high, & he got an OD of carbon dioxide in his blood, & could not think or anything. Everyone thought he was losing his mind, but he was real sick.

He got this from smoking.

How did you get that way from 2nd hand smoke?

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How to get away from second hand smoke?

Spray offending cigarette, cigar, pipe, or other various smoking vessels with water hose on full blast.

Works for me.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahahah hiram B
anyway,,,
I never smoked, I physically cannot take it.. Likewise, my social circle has very few smokers in it. I guess we tend to gather together in smoke free places. Our Bunco group of over 36 is all non smokers. We had a few but they all quit.. So eventually, the temptation leaves when all others do not smoke or have the reminders (ashtrays and other foreplay junk ) around.

Good to see you all savign the money each month.. What is it?? $180 - $200 a month in your pocket?

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5274 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Actually, instead of Jon & I spending about $60-80 a week on 2 cartons, we had bought a large rolling machine & would go through $20 a week buying a big bag of cheap tobacco & rolling it ourselves. The problem I think with that is.... What the heck ar they putting in the cheap tobacco? That bugged me a lot!

Hey, I left tonite in the Blazer, opened the glove box for a cd, & there was a pack with about 4 or 5 smokes in it! I threw it out in the driveway & took off! Amen!

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its one of the toughest things to do i can tell ya from experiance. was 1987 for me. seems like a long time ago now. i turned 42 may of that year and in the back of my mind iam countin the years till i reach 50. 50 at that time for me was like most see 30. i also had another reason it bothere me, it was my fathers age when he died.
to many years of livin with the man and watchin him go down hill was not pleasant.
he worked construction and traveled a lot of miles to go to jobs in pa/ohio/wva. we lived 20 miles from anyplace so he got up at 5-5:30 am to go to work.
his morning ritual was get up, sit on bed, and cough. get outa bed go to kitchen make coffee and smoke...then go out on the porch and cough and gag....for 10-20 minutes every day. i listened to this till i went in the service at 19. told myself(was smokin at 11-12 already)that i ever sounded like that i would quit.....yea right.
dad had a massive heart attack 1969 and i just got back home after 3 years of military service.
now we where no longer father/son, but 2 grown men and was startin to have that relationship with my dad...that i always wanted.was home less then 3 months when he had the 1st one. he spent 2 weeks in ICU and had 7 more while in there. he got somewhat better they moved him to reg room and then released him to go home. he was home a week, wouldnt listen to the doctors about stayin in bed...had to go down and feed the dogs(2 flights of stairs)he went down, made it all the way back up and collasped on the front porch.that was NO.8. i got there he was still layin there....so it was engrained in my memeory how cigarettes kill!!!!
from that time on i smoked and smoked....never once remeberin, sorta mental block of that day.
move to 1987, i been smokin since 11-12 now and iam 42 and iam not coughin of gaggin like my dad....i cant lay down in a bed without whizzin like a whoopie cushion. iam eatin halls like candy jsut to get enough clearance so i can sleep.
one nite i sorta jumped in my sleep, youve all down this, and realized my chest hurt...and i was short of breath. i sat up and tried to straighten my upper body and it felt like someone had their hand jambed into my sturnum and was pullin me back into a fetal position.
still cant take a full breath, or straighten up.
now i feel like i gota go to the bathroom. get up, bent over, make it to the pot and sit...still bent over. this is sept/oct and it not hot enought to sweat....i look at my right arm and see perfect drops of sweat comin outa each pour!!!! nothin doin on the bathroom end, now i get this sinkin feeling starting from my head and iam draining down. getin weaker all the time..and now this sinking feelin hits my stomach and iam feelin lite headed and i want to vomit now....slide off the commode to the floor now my head is where my butt was.....and thought for sure once i barf i would feel better....but no way jose. now hennies up and standin in the doorway sayin she gona call EMT, and iam tellin her NO...not as long as iam awake, if i pass out then call them!!!! now the nausea is passing but now iam so weak i cant move...aske hennie to get a chair from the kitchen, put my lower legs up on the chair, get some pillows and get my head up as close to knee hieght. she does this, and she had to pick up my legs, lift me and put pillows under my back and head....and i told her to keep talkin to me....now iam about the color of dirty mineral spirits when you clean brushes.
iam so weak i can lift my hands. i just laid there and did my best to relax and breath slowly. this all took place in 35-45 minutes. i laid on the floor for maybe an hour after it started to feel better and strong enough to get up. now i didnt go to hospital, i say it was heart attack, if it wasnt, sure scared the crap outa me. so next day what do i do...LITE UP!!!!
2 nites later we start this again....i got up went to my recliner, and there are my cigs and lighter...so hey maybe it will help....i pick up a cig, put it in my mouth and lit it....never inhaled this cig tasted like the old dried corn silk and newspaper...which was my 1st attempt at smokin at 9-10!!!! i put it out, and have never lite another.
i got past 50 and my dads death age. ive been smoke free since 87 and wish i woulda done it sooner. those who have never smoked have no idea of how hard it is to quit. of all the stuff in my life i have QUIT, smokin is still the roughest. ive quit,drugs, sodas, meat and they all was easy...compared to cigarettes.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that ain't testimony enough to wana quit, I don't know what is. Good for you OP.

Bobbie, you are doing unfriggin'believable! [Smile]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Diaz
Resident

Member # 2549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was one hell of a story, O.P!

Powerful moments like that stay with a person for a lifetime. I've heard of several people who've been found heart-attack dead near the toilet with their pants down around their ankles. It scares the begeezus out of ya.

--------------------
Bill Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
Pontiac IL
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 2107 | From: Pontiac, IL | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Thanks for sharing that, OP. I am glad you quit, too, cause we got you around here on the BB!

I am not coughing as much as I was, & yea, I remember my grampa copughing like that when i was little. He died of lung cancer.

Last week "something" told me, "If you don't quit NOW, you will die." I listened to that "something".

Every time I quit before, I had cheated now & then, but this time, NO. I have not had one.

Thank God, this is day 9 without any. Might seem like nothing to some people, but to me, it is everything.

Thank you, Donna, you are such a real genuine sweetie!

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

Mark Neurohr
Resident

Member # 2470

Mornin' everyone~!
I'm just checking in, not wanting to loose this post! Day 18 for me. Hard to believe I'm comming up to almost 3 weeks!

And how 'bout Bobbie!!! She's gotta be getting near her 2 week anniversery? Bruce n Donna are like way out in the lead setting the pace for all of us. But... where's Don??

OP, that's for sharing your story! All of this helps guys. What works for one won't necessary work for another, but it's the reinforcement that you're not in it alone that has helped me along. Every morning I wake up and tell myself I'm doing the right thing. Sure hope I don't blow it down the road and loose my guard.

STAY FOCUSED GRASSHOPPER!

--------------------
Mark Neurohr "Ernest"
Paintin' Place
141 Sunnyside Road
Kittanning, PA 16201

724-859-0859
mneurohr3@yahoo.com

Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm back! Hey, a month today? Cool! My computer equipment is a mess....nicotine gunk everywhere. Nothin' 409 can't fix.

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Last nite I lettered a semi, & while driving on the way home, I really wanted a smoke, then I thought of a joint (haven't smoked that stuff for years), then a drink came to mind!

Nope, nope, nope,,,,,, I PRAYED, & the cravings left!!!!!!

Still clean, you guys, day 10, I think. My first day was the 5th.

Yes, this does help.

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

Mark Neurohr
Resident

Member # 2470

Welcome back Mr. Month, ...I mean Don!

--------------------
Mark Neurohr "Ernest"
Paintin' Place
141 Sunnyside Road
Kittanning, PA 16201

724-859-0859
mneurohr3@yahoo.com

Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Mark, I've never smoked but I'm a great applauder of those who are 'quitters.' [Smile]

How are the mood swings, if any?

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bobbie, after the smoke,the weed, the drink..you should had SEX.....usually fills in for those others...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA anddddddddd since iam there......you remember sex then a smoke? after i quit smokin....since i didnt smoke...I HAD MORE SEX instead of a cigarette!!!!!!!!hehehehehehe

[ January 14, 2006, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Neurohr
Resident

Member # 2470

Donna, the moody part only lasted a couple of days, honest! Really cranky thru day 2 or 3, other that that, back to the same 'ol "Knucklehead Myself". I kept real busy those days working on panels. Now that I know how to post, I'll put up some photos of the stuff the kept my mind off of everything.
[Bash]

--------------------
Mark Neurohr "Ernest"
Paintin' Place
141 Sunnyside Road
Kittanning, PA 16201

724-859-0859
mneurohr3@yahoo.com

Mark Neurohr
Resident

Member # 2470

Tomorrow....

T H R E E W E E K S ! ! !

How's the rest of "us" doing?

--------------------
Mark Neurohr "Ernest"
Paintin' Place
141 Sunnyside Road
Kittanning, PA 16201

724-859-0859
mneurohr3@yahoo.com

Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hit the 3 month point two weeks ago... [Smile]

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

OP, that is funny would say that about sex!!!! I have been HOUNDING Jon!!!!

Kinda like blowin off steam, you know?

I am doing real good, don't have the desire for one too often, but when I do, it is a real pain!

Where the heck is my "Nemesis" at? You all moved in to your little nest yet, Don?

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

One more thing, I have been helping out my 65 year old neighbor, & he is on oxygen from his emphazema which he told me was from his smoking.

Today he was coughing so bad, & coughing up stuff in a can. It was so awful, & smelled real bad too. Made me very thankful that the Lord is helping me, & I would really like to see this guy get better.

Can people ever get better from emphazema?

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

quote:
Can people ever get better from emphazema?

No. You can retard the progress and make it a little easier to deal with the symptoms but the disease is irreversable.

Emphysema is caused by damage to the air sacs in your lungs. Damage is caused by smoking or breathing comtaminated air.

It is a really awful disease to get. I have seen the progress first hand with several people. It is truly sad.

My best to your friend, Bobbie.

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

Saint Cloud, Minnesota

Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was speaking to a former employer of mine a couple of days ago. Back in the 70's he was a leader and innovator in sandblasted cedar signs...apparently the years of cedar dust in his lungs brought on emphysema for him too. He sold the business about 15 years ago. Now this was just from planing and sanding, not from the blasting process...he farmed that all out...thank God...hopefully those folks were a little more careful.
Oh ya, he screen printed too. He had to give that up to peruse his pilots license. He went up one day and backed out in the air for a bit...later it was attributed to his having screened that morning...so that was the end of screen printing for him...I bought all his stuff...hahaha...dumb kid. [Smile]
Then there's all those hardners we used unprotected in the old days...man it's a wonder we're still above ground. :>
Makes leaded paint look like child's play...hahaha

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4353 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I hit the 3 month point two weeks ago... [Smile]
Are ya Showing yet Bruce.... [Rolling On The Floor] [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4353 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

bobbie if jon wont cooperate....i guess i can fill in!!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....
going back to my father, his lungs where destroyed. not only by cigarette smoke, but he was workin in the coal mines at age 9!!!(1928)right along side of his father and 1 older brother.
then in 1941-42 he was drafted into the army.
little know fact of WW2 that a lot of G.I.s never went over seas. my dad was one of them. since he was a MINER the govt took over a lot of the southwestern mines. gold/silver/copper mines where all worked by regular army troops with minning experiance.he was in from 41-45 and woked copper/gold mines in the southwest.
copper mining is a great place to get SILICOSES...which he probalbly had. add that to the BLACK LUNG from coal dust...then throw in tobacco....and its a deadly ending.
dad never got any diability from army for the silicoses, and was denied the black benifits after he died...cause he worked in the mines before they started keeping social security records...and had no way to prove he worked in the nmines prior to 1935-38 when S.S. records started.

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519

Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

That is really sad, OP, about your dad. You know, my great grandfather, Samuel Carroll, was walking home from the copper mines in Tellico Plains, Tennessee, & dropped dead. I don't remember when that was, maybe late 1800's?

I am feeling really good today, I am taking off this morning's work & going with a friend to a bargain outlet-yee-ha!

The best part is, I always gauged whether I would go somewhere or not based on whether the person who invited me smoked or not. Not anymore!!!! I AM FREE! I CAN GO ANYWHERE!!!!!

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You all are a bunch of quitters!

GOOD FOR YOU! Keep it up. [Group Hug]

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3487 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's funny you say that, Bobbie because I am having the opposite problem. When my friends who smoke invite me along, I worry about how to either say no about going along or I need be around the smokers. It used to bother me because I would want to bum one, but now it bothers me because I want to breathe!
Last Friday night one of my girlfriends was over and she pulled out her cigs. She has always smoked at my house BEFORE. I almost said "Please don't smoke in here." but I just couldn't do it. And even when I smoked, I didn't smoke in our house EXCEPT for Friday nights...so now all of a sudden, in her eyes, I am saying you can't smoke here. ??? She was having a particularly rough week with her family, work & just life in general and wanted to talk to someone about it, and I just couldn't throw that new "problem" at her...maybe next week. [Roll Eyes]
I AM DETERMINED to join the ranks of the non-smokers!!

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's my newest milestone. I just realized a few minutes ago that I've forgotten to put on a patch for several days. Not "didn't"...but "forgot". That's a biggie for me.

But...

I'm now up to 60 nurse kisses a day.

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!