Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » coroplast hung by the neck untill dead

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: coroplast hung by the neck untill dead
Stan Yates
Visitor
Member # 3176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stan Yates   Email Stan Yates   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now that i got your attention i was wondering some of the different methods used to hang it mostly i screw it with a drywall screw with a fender washer on it grommets, i just made a double sided one thar will hang from a roof rafter any thought on getting hung?

--------------------
Stan Yates
Crocodile Creek Signs
PO Box 308
Waldo FLA 32694 crocodilecreeksigns@juno.com

Posts: 85 | From: waldo. fla | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Put grommets in it, just like ya do to banners. For the roof rafters, use short chains, rope, etc. Attach eye hooks to rafter, put grommets in coro, use small chain that'll fit through the grommets or quick connects to attach coro to the chain.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
outdoors getting wind? (like on a pavillion, of the rafter tails outside a building?)

...if so, I'd be considering diagonal tie-downs in both directions. On the "short chains, rope, etc." .. I'd add good fish line into the etc. category

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Butterworth
Deceased

Member # 227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Butterworth   Email Jon Butterworth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto Chris's remarks, except I usually use nylon fishing line.

Rather than large banner grommets I try and use a leather punch and eyelets.

If you haven't go one of these, just thread the nylon line thru the coro with a large needle. The corro won't tear and it gives the sign the illusion of floating below the ceiling with no visible support.

Another trick for hanging coro signs from ceilings ... drill very small holes in the ceiling panels just big enough to take a small nail. Tie the nylon line around the MIDDLE of the nail and push it right thru the hole. It will flip sideways inside the panel and will not pull out. Makes an invisible anchor.

When you take the sign down, just snip the nylon line off at the ceiling and the hole remaining will be hardly noticable.

[ December 02, 2005, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Jon Butterworth ]

--------------------
Bushie^
aka Jon Butterworth

Executive Director
HARDLY NORMAL
SIGN COMPANY

http://www.icr.com.au/~jonsigns

Posts: 4014 | From: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan Yates
Visitor
Member # 3176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stan Yates   Email Stan Yates   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jon those are some good ideas to try. i have some fishing line, now to find a needle.

--------------------
Stan Yates
Crocodile Creek Signs
PO Box 308
Waldo FLA 32694 crocodilecreeksigns@juno.com

Posts: 85 | From: waldo. fla | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael R. Bendel
Visitor
Member # 5847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael R. Bendel   Author's Homepage   Email Michael R. Bendel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the nail trick Don.

Could you feed the line through the end flutes & use your nail idea? A small white paneling nail maybe?
You could also hot glue the fish line in the top flutes if sign is not too heavy & inside.

--------------------
Michael R. Bendel
Bendel Sign Co,. Inc.
Sauk Rapids, MN

Posts: 913 | From: Sauk Rapids, MN | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
crocodilecreeksigns?????????THERE AINT NO CROCS IN FLORIDA!!!!

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!