Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Does this irritate you squeegee pullers?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does this irritate you squeegee pullers?
Graham Parsons
Resident

Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graham Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Graham Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me?

Having been screen printing for almost thirty years, why do I still get really irritated when people insist on calling it paint ... it's ink, goddamit! You print with ink!... darn, there goes my blood pressure again.. [I Don t Know]

--------------------
Graham Parsons
Signs 'n Such Ltd
Swift Current
Saskatchewan
Canada.
www.signsnsuch.com

"Saskatchewan - hard to pronounce, easy to draw"

Posts: 710 | From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahahahahahahaha!

I have a customer, for who I have done four trucks for, that insists on calling gold leaf by "gold flake". Time after time after time he would say "gold flake" and I would correct him because it truly bothered me... Never did work.

Next week I am going to "gold flake" his truck and stuff greenbacks in my pocket...

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron Helliar
Resident

Member # 398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron Helliar   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Helliar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your lucky you didn't hear "silk" in the same sentence. [Wink] But let's add:

...it's only 50 corex signs, I'll cut & weed um instead
...what do you mean you don't do shirts? Your a silk screen printer, ain't ya?
...can you print on my window screens?
...no, no, you don't understand, I want 3 of those cheap signs like you used to do.
...how do you stand that smell!..... Oh, they cost that much? I'll need something cheaper.

[Smile]
"screen printer jokes"

--------------------
Ron Helliar
Marysville Sign
11807 51st Ave. NE
Marysville, WA 98271
(360) 659-4856

Posts: 263 | From: Marysville, WA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Boone
Deceased

Member # 308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Boone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been using more reflectant vinyl lately
must be because it has nucular ingredients
It sticks really well to alumium
Bruce.....use gold leaf paint next time
Im glad I spent 5 grand on a plotter so
I can make diecuts....
The plotter makes great "peel" letters too

--------------------
Michael Boone
Sign Painter
5828 Buerman Rd.Sodus,NY 14551

Posts: 3223 | From: Sodus,NY,USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carl Wood
Visitor
Member # 1223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carl Wood   Email Carl Wood       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bruce - He probably was smokin some "Gold Flake" - somebody told me thats a code word for high quality marijuana - - -I have also seen it used on tobacco tins- - -maybe that had him confused?

--------------------
Carl Wood
Olive Branch, Ms

Posts: 1392 | From: Olive Branch,MS USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felix Marcano
Visitor
Member # 1833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Felix Marcano   Author's Homepage   Email Felix Marcano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right Ron. No "Silk"!

LOL!

--------------------
Felix Marcano
PuertoRicoSigns.Com
Luquillo, PR

Work hard, party like a tourist!

Posts: 2274 | From: Luquillo, Puerto Rico, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Modzel
Resident

Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bill Modzel   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Modzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Ron says, especially "..what do you mean you don't do shirts? Your a silk screen printer, ain't ya?"

--------------------
Bill Modzel
Mod-Zel screen Printing
Traverse city, MI
modzel@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 1356 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahahahahahaha, Boone!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Camille
Visitor
Member # 501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camille         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best one I had was: "Oh I mistakenly had you letter the wrong truck - could you just peel the letters off and put them on the new truck?"

--------------------
signs

Posts: 535 | From: pa | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monte Jumper
Resident

Member # 1106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte Jumper   Email Monte Jumper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Have you got any of them plastic letters you stick on"?

"I need you to silk screen my logo...how much is it for one copy"

Here's an honest to god conversation I had with a (potential)client the other day...

(Him)"Can you come down here and look at my race car...I need some signs on it."

(Me) "Sure where are you"?

(Him)"In my shop"

(Me "Trying a little Levity) Would that be in Idaho"?

(Him in an angry tone)"No...I'm right here I Norman Oklahoma"

(Me) "What is your address"?

(Him) "In Norman"?

(Me) Yeeeesss!

(Him) "Oh ...I'm on South Porter just this side of Hiway 9"

arrrghhhh. [Bash]

[ September 01, 2005, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Monte Jumper ]

--------------------
"Werks fer me...it'll werk fer you"

Monte Jumper
SIGNLanguage/Norman.Okla.
jumpers@itlnet.net

Posts: 3185 | From: Norman,Okla.U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graham Parsons
Resident

Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graham Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Graham Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, ... why won't they understand that a sign scaled up to twice the length is not just twice the price - 'cos the area has quadrupled!

Them.. "Hello, how much is a sign?"
Me.. "What type of sign?"
Them.. "You know.. a normal sign"
Me.. "Well, how big?"
Them.. "I just need a rough price"
Me.. "What do you need it to say?"
Them.. "Oh, we haven't decided on that yet"
Me.. "Any thought on color?"
Them.. "What do you think?"
Me.. [to self] "You don't want to know what I think..." [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Graham Parsons
Signs 'n Such Ltd
Swift Current
Saskatchewan
Canada.
www.signsnsuch.com

"Saskatchewan - hard to pronounce, easy to draw"

Posts: 710 | From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rovelle W. Gratz
Visitor
Member # 4404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rovelle W. Gratz   Author's Homepage   Email Rovelle W. Gratz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Customer...I'm here to pick up my sign.

Me...What kind of sign?

Customer...It says "Johnny's Barber Shop 1/2 Mile".

Me...I don't remember that one...When did you order it?

Customer...Oh...Don't you keep those in stock?

--------------------
Rove Gratz
Gratz Signs
342 Walden Station Drive
Macon, GA 31216
rovegratz@aol.com
Home Page: http://rove-342.tripod.com

Posts: 861 | From: Macon, GA 31216 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myra Grozinger
Visitor
Member # 327

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myra Grozinger   Email Myra Grozinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good and funny stuff, something new every week, though always ultimately the same.
One of my favorites always will be when a customer approaches a neatly stacked bunch of 18x24's or so and says:
Are they dry?

Ink!
How would they know to call it ink?

It's only ink to us-to them it's paint.

--------------------
Myra A. Grozinger
Signs Limited
Winston-Salem, NC

signslimited@triad.rr.com

Posts: 1244 | From: Winston-Salem, NC USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kistler
Visitor
Member # 4049

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kistler   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kistler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you make posters

Can do!

How much are they?

And I'm with the rest of the screeners, I use ink and I think all of the silk worms that made screen fabric died.

--------------------
Robert M. Kistler
South Bend Screen Process, Inc.
2018 S. Franklin St.
South Bend IN 46613

Posts: 131 | From: South Bend Indiana | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!