Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » PAGING LETTERHEAD SPIRIT !!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PAGING LETTERHEAD SPIRIT !!!!!!!
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will be a sorry day indeed if two of our member Letterheads are left at airport, awaiting a ride that's not coming, is this the true, underlying spirit of Letterheads? Not quite the image of Letterheads I've envisioned...
Let's not even take into consideration these two gentleman's positions; Don has done so much for this group, it would take rest of this post to list them, is this the person you really want to leave out in the cold? Catalin's a foreign visitor, up to now, he's seen the better side of America, are we going to now show him the side that doesn't want to get involved for whatever reasons????? It won't go over well if these two men are left to fend for themselves at airport Friday, before everyone goes postal and yells about all the things ppl. yell about, Catalin can't rent a car, he's a foreigner, (in case ya missed that little tidbit), Don doesn't have a credit card, so their chances of renting a car are nill.....
If I was going to be there, I'd pick them up w/o so much as a whimper, it wouldn't even have to be them, anyone attending meet should fall under this same respect...I traveled over 2hours each way, each morning at Ilene Roth's home in Utah, to pick up ppl. coming into SLC airport, it wasn't a chore, but an extension of my commitment to those I consider fellow artisians and friends.....it was simple for me, I had the way, the means, the motivation and I wasn't the only one volunteering...it comes natural to quality folk to help others......
So???? how about it???? Are we going to press Rochon into service(his is only offer on table at this late date-thank you Ro), and cost him at least half a day's travel out of his way to do this??? Surely someone else at Jill's has a car that could be used to shuttle some Letterheads to a Letterheads meet......???????????????????? It's only 1 1/2 hours away, shorter than my SLC experience, whimps, if I can do it, so can one of you, step up, be a hero, I know, it's hard, but do it anyways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Final line......IF by flight time, I can't ensure my friend Catalin's security, I'm recommending he stay home and he and I will have smores on the patio..............that way, I know he's safe and not wandering an airport in an unknown city at mercy of any and all that might come his way in such a situation.....so, let's step up and go the extra mile and PROVE that the true Letterhead spirit lives and always will !!!!!!!!!

BTW...no one expects to have someone do this for free, they are expecting to pay fuel costs...

--------------------
Frank Magoo,
Magoo's-Las Vegas; fmagoo@netzero.com
"the only easy day was yesterday"

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank..Shirley and I are driving to the meet and will be arriving Thursday evening. So we'll be there with wheels on Friday morning fer sure.

I know that Don is arriving at the Pittsburgh airport at around 10:45 am but no one has mentioned when Catalin is arriving. (I am assuming he isn't on the same flight as Don since they are flying in from very different areas of the country.)

It is a 3-4 hour round trip to the airport apparently, but I would be quite willing to do the trip if necessary.(Might be 5 or 6 since I have never been to that airport).

If Don is arriving at 10:45 but Catalin's flight is 3 or 4 hours earlier or later, that would make things very difficult though.

What IS Catalin's arrival time?

I am sure nobody is going to be left at the airport though.

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8884 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Ackerson
Visitor
Member # 3224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan Ackerson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Ackerson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in Magoo.

We won't have to remove any seats to get Don in will we? I hear he's reaaal tall.

--------------------
Alan Ackerson
LetterWorks Design and Graphics
alan@ack2.com

Posts: 776 | From: Oak Ridge, NJ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank,

What we need to know if anybody flying in friday is availale to ferry these two young men to the meet.

My offer to Don is if he gets stuck without a ride I will come get him and Catalin. Although I am renting a dodge neon that in itself would be a picture worth taking with Don next to it. lol

I fly in thursday 8am. so I will already be at the meet on friday. There has to be people flying in on friday.

Catalin & Don will not be left at the airport Frank! But I am predicting based on what I have been told about the traffic and distance from the meet I would have about a 3-4 hour round trip. So Friday Flyers coming in and driving over would be a great help if they can.

[ August 12, 2005, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: Bob Rochon ]

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish Jill or I had time to go to the airport, but our meet staff is very small. We don't want anyone to be left high and dry, but there is not much we can do at this point. Thanks Alan for your offer. Let's find out what time Cat's flight gets in.

Stevo

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long does it take to get from PIT to the meet site?

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan Ackerson
Visitor
Member # 3224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alan Ackerson   Author's Homepage   Email Alan Ackerson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if everyone put in 1 buck.
How much is a cab ride, $50-$100?

--------------------
Alan Ackerson
LetterWorks Design and Graphics
alan@ack2.com

Posts: 776 | From: Oak Ridge, NJ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stevo Chartrand
Visitor
Member # 2094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo Chartrand   Author's Homepage   Email Stevo Chartrand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least an hour and 45 minutes travel time, maybe 2.

Stevo

--------------------
Stevo Design
Illustration Logos Sign Design Clip Art
www.stevo-design.com

Posts: 1680 | From: Edmonton Ab Canada EH! | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Si Allen
Resident

Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Si Allen   Email Si Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

[Bash] [Bash] [Bash] [Bash]

[ August 13, 2005, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Si Allen ]

--------------------
Si Allen #562
La Mirada, CA. USA

(714) 521-4810

si.allen on Skype

siallen@dslextreme.com

"SignPainters do It with Longer Strokes!"

Never mess with your profile while in a drunken stupor!!!

Brushasaurus on Chat

Posts: 8831 | From: La Mirada, CA, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[For Your Information] Catalin will be first to arrive, his flight drops him there at 8:30 am and Don's arrives at 10:30 am.....at this point, they are only ones I know of arriving PITT Friday.....any other input anyone???
There are two possiblities working at this moment, but reality is, they still don't have a ride...Chris or possibly Timi are nearest hope at this moment.....as this plays out, I will keep all abreast of results.....I'm not surprised at response here and privately, afterall, this is Letterville; where family is still treated like family, makes a fellow proud..... [Thanks] [Cool]

--------------------
Frank Magoo,

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank,
Last night while we were on chat, we found the shuttle that looks like it will get them close - if that's the case, one of us will definitely be able to scoop them up. The shuttle to New Bethlehem was only about $35/ea. I will keep in touch with Kissy and you all and we'll get them there somehow.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
frank i grew up and lived 15-20 miles(burgettstown) south of the pitt airport. i got 5-10 people i went to high school with workin there. my aunt live 3 miles from airport. i got freinds workin at TONIDALE(business area just east of airport 4-5 miles)if i was going it would be no problem......do i have to call my freinds?

[ August 13, 2005, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: old paint ]

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where is Catalin from? I'm sorry, I don't know everybody, & I am curious.

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bucharest, Romania.

He's been staying at Frank's since arriving here, and Frank speaks highly of him. I spoke with him today on the phone, and believe it or not, his English is almost as good as OP's. [Rolling On The Floor]

I'm very much looking forward to meeting him Friday, as I'm sure you all are, too.

[ August 13, 2005, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Don Coplen ]

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don; you ever consider doing a comic strip? You'd be good at it, Catalin's still on floor, nursing sore stomach muscles from laughing... [Rolling On The Floor]

Kimberly; I think we're all awaiting the Monday dawn, till then, nothing can be confirmed...I suspect though, the "Great New Beth Cemetary Tour" will be one to remember and provide some extra "meat" for Catalin's "Tour." Kissy's offer is turning out, so far, to be the most "interesting"...actually, Catalin(I update him often-his English isn't fast enough for here) is looking forward to helping Kissy track her lineage...remember, all experiences he has, are firsthand, and for the first time in this culture...also a time of first impressions...Don's cartoons are only fueling this remarkable experience...so tempted to hijack his Catalin character and show him in middle of airport terminal, building a fountain... [Rolling On The Floor]
Complete w/camping tent and all camp accessories, gleefully enjoying passerbys... [Rolling On The Floor]

OP; Call em !!! Out of 20 odd ppl., one of them surely will respond...... [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Frank Magoo,

old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
di be fras po lope u....don thats in polish....and you have no idea of what i just said.. and you only speak and understand one language .....hehehehehehehehehe

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Kaschak
Resident

Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Kaschak   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Kaschak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am arriving in Pittsburgh on Thursday at 2:00 pm. I have a rental, if anyone needs a ride.

Peace out,
Bob

--------------------
"The 3-4 minute mark of "Freewill" by Rush.

Bob Kaschak
Artisan Sign And Design
Peru New York

Posts: 1875 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by old paint:
di be fras po lope u....don thats in polish....and you have no idea of what i just said.. and you only speak and understand one language .....hehehehehehehehehe

OP, I will concede that your Polish is as good as your English.
[Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------

KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bob i may take you up on that! seeing how i hate to drive! [Wink]

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donald Thompson
Resident

Member # 3726

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donald Thompson   Author's Homepage   Email Donald Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering where Catalin ha been. I didn't know he was still with Magoo. I first met Catalin in Bucharest. I too was surprise at how good his English was. I can't wait to see him again this weekend.

--------------------
Donald Thompson
#1 Sign Designs
580 Templeton Rd.
Laurens,SC 29360
864-682-7810
1signdesigns@backroads.net
www.1signdesigns.com

Posts: 1525 | From: Laurens, SC | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

The shuttle bus is a no go. I called this morning and it seems they only have one airport driver and he's gonna be in Puxtatoni on Friday...or wherever that damn groundhog lives.

So, we're back to square one. Is anybody coming to Jill's from south of Pittburgh or through the general area of the Pitt airport on Friday? Having somebody making a round trip from the meet to pick us up will be greatly appreciated, but is a last resort.

Maybe somebody can do something really stupid and Catalin and I will hitch a ride on a news helicopter. [Wink]

--------------------

Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Great news!!! Some prince in Nigeria just emailed me and has offered me $50million. Is there a place to land a Lear jet anywhere near Lisbon?

--------------------

Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

$50 million??? Build one!!!

--------------------
Frank Magoo,

Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

bump

--------------------

Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Latest offer comes from Rabid, er, Rapid, not nice to offend charitilable folks...heheh His offer is to come and get you after he drops off Catherine at Jill's...mighty fine offer Ray...

I'll contact all involved and see what their thoughts are, in the meantime, Ray, you're probably it!!! Many thanks from here guy...

But, let's see what materializes between now and then, as work has me out of chat alot, I'll call Ray for his timetable...later all [Cool]

--------------------
Frank Magoo,

Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still wonder why we can't all just pitch in a bit towards a taxi....? I have $5!
I hope the ride back to the airport is easier.
When do these guys ship out?
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Rochon
Resident

Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Rochon   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Rochon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I head back on sunday my flight is at 1:30pm if they need a lift

--------------------
Bob Rochon
Creative Signworks
Millbury, MA
508-865-7330

"Life is Like an Echo, what you put out, comes back to you."

Posts: 5149 | From: Millbury, Mass. U.S. | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

$5 is a start. I just called Yellow Cab for an estimate and it will be around $650, not including tip.

--------------------

Mike O'Neill
Resident

Member # 470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike O'Neill   Author's Homepage   Email Mike O'Neill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol

sounds like a movie script

--------------------
Mike O'Neill

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.
- Arthur C. Clarke

mike@copyshop.ca

Posts: 3094 | From: Labrador City, NF, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No promises....but I am working on something.
Will know by lunchtime tomorrow.
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faye welsh
Visitor
Member # 2524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faye welsh   Email faye welsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am going to pick you guys up at the airport don. i know my way there, and am capable of finding you two, i hope. just make a big sign, i'll see you. hahaha.love ,fiddles. be glad to do it. my email is fiddles51@yahoo.com. drop me a line to confirm details. :)jill's sis.

--------------------
Faye Welsh (fiddles)
4848 cherry street
allison park, pa. 15101
fiddles51@yahoo.com

Posts: 259 | From: 4848 Cherry St. Allison Park,Pa. 15101 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

How fast was that?
All I had to do was ask Faye.
She can get yins in her van, and we can all pitch in or pass the hat for gas.
Please email her with airlines, arrival times, and flight numbers.
My next alternative was to call a few more "local" taxi or airport shuttle services. But you can't get much closer than family.
Thanks Faye!
Love.....Jill

Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Great!!! Now, let's make sure Catalin and Don are only ones needing a ride Friday...anyone else coming in Friday w/no ride to Jill's? Speak now or bring your Keds...

Thank you Faye, you're a lifesaver...I'll send you Catalin's info soon...

--------------------
Frank Magoo,

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!