Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Do you post disclaimers in your shop?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you post disclaimers in your shop?
Tim Borden
Visitor
Member # 853

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Tim Borden   Email Tim Borden       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I keep putting off putting up any disclaimers, knowing I would leave something off. Policy on payment (trade for anything except small children), magnetic sign warranty (none), coming into the shop area. I'm gonna put up a nice sign on the door leading into the shop area. Something like "WARNING! Our shop is patrolled by a well trained, but sexually frustrated, Attack Goat. Please wait to be invited into this area. If you bathed in cologne or aftershave, we can not be responsible for your safety. Small children are never allowed past this door. The last incident really spooked our insurance carrier. Slowing down shop production directly affects the cost of our products". A nice digital print featuring that horny goat should finish it.

What types of disclaimers would you like to post. Serious or hysterical thoughts are welcome.

Thanks,
Tim Borden

--------------------
Tim Borden
Speedy's Signs & Banners
Jasper, AL

"World Class Entremanure"

Posts: 74 | From: Jasper, AL, USA | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel
Visitor
Member # 3837

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel   Author's Homepage   Email Gonzalo (Peewee)Curiel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"What ever you think" = You will like it when it is finished! You would be surprised how so many people can spend 50 grand on a car and want it pinstriped but don't have a clue and usually end up saying... "just do what ever you think!" [Big Grin]

--------------------
Gonzalo Curiel
Peewee Signs & designs
Oroville Ca 95965

peeweepinstriping@comcast.net www.signspeeweedesigns.com

Posts: 845 | From: Oroville,Ca. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I like the goat one! I think I know just the door that needs to go on. [Wink]

My shop policy sign says

Minimum Charge $50
Orders under $100 must be paid in full in advance
Orders over $100 require 50% deposit, balance COD
No Credit. No Exceptions.
Any necessary permit fees or costs to acquire will be additional
Estimates are good for 30 days unless stated otherwise
Minimum $25 wash fee if vehicle is not clean prior to drop-off
Returned checks will be charged the maximum fee allowed plus costs

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rovelle W. Gratz
Visitor
Member # 4404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rovelle W. Gratz   Author's Homepage   Email Rovelle W. Gratz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend once had his disclaimer on a sign in his shop....."We are not responsible".

--------------------
Rove Gratz
Gratz Signs
342 Walden Station Drive
Macon, GA 31216
rovegratz@aol.com
Home Page: http://rove-342.tripod.com

Posts: 861 | From: Macon, GA 31216 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Clanton
Resident

Member # 2419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Clanton   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Clanton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Hand over your money...and no one gets hurt!"

"Top Quality, Low Price, Fast Deilvery... Pick any TWO!"

--------------------
Michael Clanton
Clanton Graphics/ Blackberry 19 Studio
1933 Blackberry
Conway AR 72034
501-505-6794
clantongraphics@yahoo.com

Posts: 1735 | From: Conway Arkansas | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Williams
Resident

Member # 4372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Ray Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is not a disclaimer, But I have this in my shop. their more to this than what I am going to write here but you will get the idea.
Everybody wants Signs at or below our cost.
I got tired of working, and not making any money.
I know I can't blame nobody but me.
here it is:
The Common Law of Business Practice
It's unwise to pay to much.
but it's worse to pay to little.
When you pay to much.
you loose a little Money- That is all.

When you pay too little.
you sometimes loose everything.
Because the thing you bought
Was incapable of doing the things
It was bought to do.

THE COMMON LAW OF BUSINESS BALANCE
Prohibits Paying a little and getting a lot.
It Can't be Done!

If you deal with the lowest bidder,
it is well to add something for the
Risk you Run, and if you do that
you will have enough to pay for
Something Better.

John Ruskin 1819-1900

OK I lied I typed the whole thing.
have a great day
Ray [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Ray Williams
Key Advertising /Signs by Ray
301 Elberon Court
Chesapeake Va.
keyadvertising1@cox.net

Posts: 26 | From: Chesapeake Va. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Boone
Deceased

Member # 308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Boone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a sign in my shop
everone likes it
it says..
Of course you can smoke....
JUST DONT DO IT HERE!!!!

--------------------
Michael Boone
Sign Painter
5828 Buerman Rd.Sodus,NY 14551

Posts: 3223 | From: Sodus,NY,USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frank Magoo
Resident

Member # 3950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Magoo   Email Frank Magoo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't like it!!! [Rolling On The Floor]

Mine read: "You don't have to go home, but, you can't stay here."

Like the goat idea the best, wish I'd thought of it, to late now...still chuckling over image of insurance broker, on verge of cardiac arrest... [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Frank Magoo,
Magoo's-Las Vegas; fmagoo@netzero.com
"the only easy day was yesterday"

Posts: 2365 | From: Las Vegas, Nv. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got a picture of the HULK...ans my disclamer is "YOU WOULDNT LIKE ME WHEN IAM ANGRY"!

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"WE THE WILLING, LED BY THE UNKNOWING, DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE FOR UNGRATEFUL, HAVE DONE SO MUCH - FOR SO LONG - WITH SO LITTLE, WE ARE NOW QUALIFIED TO ANYTHING WITH NOTHING."

Also, I have lots of ideas to eventually finish and hang.

I have an old 24" iron scroll bracket my ex found somewhere...it's very, very bent-up.
I wanna make a sign for it that says:

"When installing a perpendicular sign, consider things like 'CLEARANCE'."

[Razz]

Since disclaimer signs are partly about delivering us from the mundane task of time-consuming repetitious explainations, I think you're disclaimers should also address your most frequently asked questions.

Therefore, a few of my future projects include, but are not limited to, the following:

A simple, but very HUGE sign reading:

"YES. THE PAINT IS WET."

Mabey for graphic appeal, add larger-than-life paint finger-prints all over it. [Razz]

And another: (no certain size spec)

"LOOK at the Sign painter.
NO. This paint does NOT wash out."

How 'bout a large mushroom-bomb graphic with the copy:

"NO. You can NOT smoke in here."

(NOTE: You will likely need to add the words 'I JUST KNEW' or something very catchy at the bottom of each of these signs. This is for when they ask: 'How'd you know I was gonna ask that?")

I say answer the questions BEFORE they are asked so you can get to the important job discussion stuff...

Hey, mabey this could work as a sales tool for demonstrating a concept:
"WE know how to put copy & art together to answer your consumers immediate questions therefore drawing them into your business!"

[Wink]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!