Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » corel...change point size to inches?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: corel...change point size to inches?
Gary Fowler
Visitor
Member # 5859

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary Fowler   Email Gary Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in corel 11 can i change the letter size default from point size to inches?
thanx again!

--------------------
Gary Fowler
Sign Guy of Okeechobee, Inc.
Okeechobee, Florida

Posts: 10 | From: Okeechobee, Florida | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Grundy
Resident

Member # 103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Grundy   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Grundy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary...There are a couple of explanations to be found HERE

--------------------
Dave Grundy
retired in Chelem,Yucatan,Mexico/Hensall,Ontario,Canada
1-519-262-3651 Canada
011-52-1-999-102-2923 Mexico cell
1-226-785-8957 Canada/Mexico home

dave.grundy@hotmail.com

Posts: 8875 | From: Chelem, Yucatan, Mexico/Hensall, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Points can easily be converted to inches in your head! 50 points is 1/2"; 100 points is an inch. Of course that's in U.S. inches; that would be 1.23" in Canadian inches (no, I'm not talking about metric).

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lotti Prokott
Resident

Member # 2684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lotti Prokott   Email Lotti Prokott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you might be 0.23 inches confused, Mr. Jackson...

If 50 is one half and 100 is one, you are definitely thinking metric, by the way. Why not convert, seeing that it is so much more logical, heh?

[Wink]

[ July 28, 2005, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Lotti Prokott ]

--------------------
Lotti Prokott
Woodland Signs
Pelly, Saskatchewan
woodlandsigns@sasktel.net

Posts: 1962 | From: Pelly, Saskatchewan | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Quick
Visitor
Member # 2649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymond Quick   Email Raymond Quick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no need to convert to that matric system, just use an engineering ruler.

--------------------
Raymond Quick
Ye Thicker Than Thou Sign and Repair Shoppe
Olympic College, 1600 Chester Ave Bremerton, WA 98337
rquick@oc.ctc.edu

Posts: 50 | From: Bremerton Washington | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Coplen
Resident

Member # 127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don Coplen   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, 72 points equals an inch.

--------------------

Posts: 4084 | From: ... | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Eisenreich
Visitor
Member # 1444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Eisenreich   Email Steve Eisenreich       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All fonts are not created alike so the point size system is not accurate.

If you must have a certian size of letter then after you type your words just convert to curves and then size the converted text, the property bar in CorelDraw will tell you how big the text is and if you want you can type in the size and make it exact.

--------------------
Steve Eisenreich
Dezine Signs
PO BOX 6052 Stn Forces
Cold Lake, Alberta
T9M 2C5

Posts: 774 | From: Cold Lake | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Curtis hammond
Visitor
Member # 2170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curtis hammond   Email Curtis hammond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes you can change the default to inches from points..
tools.. Options, text,, bottom of the window is a chaeck box.. it will give you a selection of how you want fonts sizes displayed.

Other wise..

In my corel ver 12 for example...

You type the letter 'j'
it gives you the size in both inches and in points... Its all on the proprety bar..

for example.. Avantguard BK BT lower case "j" is 203.659 size and it is 2.5 high.
As you pull it biggger or smaller the sizes are all automatically calculated and displayed..

You can add in these displays to your property bar if they are not there now. Its just a few clicks away..

tools, options , customizations, command bars,.. on the right is a menu of click boxes,, click in the text box and it will give you the measurements,

[ July 28, 2005, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Curtis hammond ]

--------------------
Leaper of Tall buildings.. If you find my posts divisive or otherwise snarky please ignore them. If you do not know how then PM me about it and I will demonstrate.

Posts: 5273 | From: Im a nowhere man | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricky Jackson
Visitor
Member # 5082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky Jackson   Email Ricky Jackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Macs are 72 points to the inch and PC's are 96 but I figure 96 is close enough to call it 1/10th of an inch. Loti, I was just messing with ya on the Canadian comversion.

--------------------
Ricky Jackson
Signs Now
614 Russell Parkway
Warner Robins, GA
(478) 923-7722
signpimp50@hotmail.com

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Issac Newton

Posts: 3528 | From: Warner Robins, GA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
somwhere back in the archives...don coplen printed up a conversion chart..i have mine tpaed near my gomputer..it give inch fractions, inch decimal, points and scale percent....

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!