Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » 1-Shot and Hot tires?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 1-Shot and Hot tires?
Shane Bennett
Visitor
Member # 3968

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Shane Bennett   Author's Homepage   Email Shane Bennett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm building my first shop!!!! Its only a 20' by 30' built to look like an old barn.went with infloor heat and an electric boiler 9kva. the upstairs has a 20' dormer on one side. Talk about excited. hehe. My question is I would like to paint the floor to look like the old cobble stone streets and was going to use 1-shot. But will a car that has a 120 degree tire melt the paint off the cement? Does anyone know what would work to keep such a disaster from happoning?
Thanks

--------------------
Shane Bennett
Bennett Signs & Designs
17134 State Hwy. 80
Richland Center WI 53581
contact@bennettsigns.biz

Posts: 41 | From: Richland Center WI | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Rheaume
Resident

Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Rheaume   Email Ray Rheaume   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hot tires will kill it unless you seal the floor.

There are tire resistant paints available at most hardware stores.

hope this helps...
Rapid

--------------------
Ray Rheaume
Rapidfire Design
543 Brushwood Road
North Haverhill, NH 03774
rapidfiredesign@hotmail.com
603-787-6803

I like my paint shaken, not stirred.

Posts: 5648 | From: North Haverhill, New Hampshire | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KARYN BUSH
Resident

Member # 1948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARYN BUSH   Author's Homepage   Email KARYN BUSH   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you do realize that if you are like some of us(namely me)...you need not worry...your shop will have so much other stuff in it that you won't be able to fit a car in it!
but just in case...what rapid said!

--------------------
Karyn Bush
Simply Not Ordinary, LLC
Bartlett, NH
603-383-9955
www.snosigns.com
info@snosigns.com

Posts: 3516 | From: Bartlett, NH USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We used a two part epoxy floor paint from Sherwin Williams on our bay floor. It isn't cheap, stinks like heck (major ventilation... we used the supplied air system mask we use in the spray booth), and will take a day or two to dry. I will say that the floor has held up well and is easy to clean.

You will have to etch your concrete with muratic acid, which is a stinky process in itself. It is a necessary step, though.

Do not cheap out on this surface. You will rue the day you tried to save a couple of bucks and bought a wannabe brand or a lesser quality paint. Trust me on this one.

Rubber tires will pull paint off of concrete, especially new tires. I don't know why but they do. I wouldn't exert the effort to paint the floor to look like cobblestones because of the expense and the idea of painting 1,200 square feet of cobblestones in a realistic manner does nothing for me in a fun sort of way. Touching up the spots that will eventually let go will also be a booger to do.

Just my LTHO... [Smile]

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!