Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Muster Project Leader in Hospital Please help....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Muster Project Leader in Hospital Please help....
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 9 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fellow Letterhead, Duane Mickelson, who did a Superb Gold Leaf job on the Mazeppa 1936 Dodge Firetruck during the Muster, had a Stroke just after the Meet....He also has been found with large amounts of Cancer.....Duane is from Becker Minnesota (Twin Cities suburb) and has some jobs that he needs to have taken care of......If you are a Letterhead in the area and would like to help, please call me, Mike Meyer 507-843-5951 and we will all help a fellow Letterhead in time of need.

Like I said in my speech on the final night here in Mazeppa...it's all about PEOPLE.

We all have it pretty good...let's unselfishly rally our time, prayers and efforts for a Man that has done just that, EVERYTIME...

Thank You Sincerly Mike Meyer Sign Painter

Duane can be reached at his room in St.Louis Park..952-993-5760

This man has been here for me, EVERYTIME I asked for a hand..EVERYTIME..without a complaint, always first to get there, and last to leave. [Applause]

Life is not fair sometimes and it is with tears streaming down that I type this.... [Frown]

Please cards to: Methodist Hospital
6500 Exclesior Blvd.
St. Louis Park, MN 55426
Duane Mickelson Room 614

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's shocking Mike...so sorry to here one of our "family" is suffering...I'll drop him a note.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat Welter
Resident

Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat Welter   Email Pat Welter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike how can this be true...its just hard to believe....We'll keep him in our prayers and try to drop him a line as well as a note...Duane truely is one of the nicest guys Ruth and I have gotten to know over the years after first meeting him at Gold Rush...

--------------------
Pat Welter
Masterhand Signs and Designs
Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada

Posts: 1304 | From: Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Lennig
Resident

Member # 2455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Lennig   Author's Homepage   Email John Lennig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got off the phone, talked to Duane, he was eating Turkey Dinner in the hospital....said "they're great cooks here, great food"

He said "the fights on!, i'm gonna be kickin' this thing in the ass" I believe him. He had good prognosis...read it ain't over yet! from the surgeon.

wish I could help out with his work, but there's a lot of close people that will stand by him. Working on the Fire Engine with him, even only for a day, he gave me a Lot of Encouragement and confidence re: the gold work, he's a very giving teacher, looking forward to the next meet with him.

John

--------------------
John Lennig / Big Top Sign Arts
5668 Ewart Street, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
bigtopya@hotmail.com

Posts: 2184 | From: Burnaby, British Columbia,Canada | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tim meyer
Visitor
Member # 1012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tim meyer   Email tim meyer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info. i'll contact the
maz. FD.

[ July 17, 2005, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: tlmeyer ]

--------------------
Tim Meyer

950 W 2nd St.
Zumbrota, MN 55992
tmpondy@yahoo.com

Mike Meyer's older bro

Posts: 62 | From: Zumbrota, MN, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rod Tickle
Visitor
Member # 575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rod Tickle   Author's Homepage   Email Rod Tickle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW that sucks! Duane was one of the first guys I met at the muster and he jumped right in and helped me do some signs leading up the the meet. I wish him all the best and wish I was up there to help him out.

cheers mate!!

Rod Tickle

--------------------
Rod from,
EAST COAST AIRBRUSHING
"Airbrush Art & Graphics"
Nambour; Sunshine Coast, Queensland. Australia
E.mail: rod@rodticklesigns.com
Web:
www.rodticklesigns.com

Posts: 635 | From: Nambour, Sunshine Coast, Queensland | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beth Bryant
Visitor
Member # 5841

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beth Bryant   Author's Homepage   Email Beth Bryant       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duane was quite a talented guy. Very nice too. He will be in my prayers. Lets hope he will be on his feet and painting again soon.

--------------------
Beth Bryant
Amp Studio
613 Peoria St
Lincoln, IL 62656
217-735-9939 or (cell) 217-828-0021
beth@ampstudio.net

There is meaning to my madness!

Posts: 37 | From: Lincoln, Illinois | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott Telfer
Visitor
Member # 3949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Telfer   Email Scott Telfer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear the bad news Mike...
Keep on fighting Duane..all the best from Scotland..

--------------------
Scott Telfer
C.S.T SIGNS
0141-633 0391
scott@telfer27.freeserve.co.uk

Posts: 189 | From: SCOTLAND | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katie Gillen
Visitor
Member # 5843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katie Gillen   Email Katie Gillen       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

Very sorry, Duane--you're in our thoughts.

Posts: 74 | From: Lincoln, Illinois | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tim meyer
Visitor
Member # 1012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tim meyer   Email tim meyer       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was just notified Duane Michelson will probably get out of the hospital this week & move to his inlaws. Cards to be sent to;
Tim Fenske
11322 Goodhue St. NE
Blaine, MN 55449

Sorry, dunno anymore on his condition.

--------------------
Tim Meyer

950 W 2nd St.
Zumbrota, MN 55992
tmpondy@yahoo.com

Mike Meyer's older bro

Posts: 62 | From: Zumbrota, MN, USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb Schilling
Resident

Member # 13

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb Schilling   Author's Homepage   Email Barb Schilling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike,
I just called your shop and left a message with Julian. We are not TOO far from Becker (although I am not sure I would call Becker a 'burb of the TCs). Let me know what you need and I will see if we can be of assistance. Best wishes to Duane for a full recovery!

--------------------
SIGN STATION

Anoka, Minnesota
www.signstation.com
barbara@signstation.com

Posts: 338 | From: Andover, MN, USA | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carole Bersin   Author's Homepage   Email Carole Bersin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got off the phone with Duane. His spirits are good and he says he can feel all the prayers coming in.

As others have said, Duane is one of the nicest people one could ever hope to meet. A true human being.

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
3527 24th Av S, Minneapolis, Mn 55406
cbersin@visi.com

Posts: 211 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carole Bersin   Author's Homepage   Email Carole Bersin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got off the phone with Duane. His spirits are good and he says he can feel all the prayers coming in.

As others have said, Duane is one of the nicest people one could ever hope to meet. A true human being.

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
cbersin@visi.com

Posts: 211 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I visited Duane yesterday in the Hospital in St. Louis Park...he is doing good...good sense of humor and he hopes to be out and home this weekend...he says HI to everyone and he's gonna fight this as hard as he can. He's no quitter...send him a card and help a fellow Letterhead out. Thank you.

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

We are not selling, we are staying here in Mazeppa....we cannot re-create what we have here....not in another lifetime! SO Here we are!!!!!!!

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Posts: 3617 | From: Mazeppa, Mn usa | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Felix Marcano
Visitor
Member # 1833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Felix Marcano   Author's Homepage   Email Felix Marcano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get well soon Duane!

--------------------
Felix Marcano
PuertoRicoSigns.Com
Luquillo, PR

Work hard, party like a tourist!

Posts: 2274 | From: Luquillo, Puerto Rico, USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Parsons
Visitor
Member # 1034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Parsons       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone please send me a decent photo of Duane. A laugh may help out... Thanks,

bp
rparsons@gci.net

--------------------
Bob Parsons
907-258-6283
rparsons@gci.net

Posts: 118 | From: Anchorage, AK / USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Parsons
Visitor
Member # 1034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bob Parsons   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Parsons       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave Correl sent me a pretty good shot of Duane. BUT...I'm too stupid to figure out how to show a cartoon here, but if you email me at: rparsons@gci.net i'll zap Duane's get well card to you...

--------------------
Bob Parsons
907-258-6283
rparsons@gci.net

Posts: 118 | From: Anchorage, AK / USA | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Parsons
Visitor
Member # 1034

Dave Correl sent me a pretty good shot of Duane. BUT...I'm too stupid to figure out how to show a cartoon here, but if you email me at: rparsons@gci.net i'll zap Duane's get well card to you...

--------------------
Bob Parsons
907-258-6283
rparsons@gci.net

Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

[ July 21, 2005, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: Kimberly Zanetti ]

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump!

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob Parsons
Visitor
Member # 1034

Thanks Kimberly for posting that 'toon. How'd she do that?

--------------------
Bob Parsons
907-258-6283
rparsons@gci.net

FranCisco Vargas
Deceased

Member # 145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FranCisco Vargas   Author's Homepage   Email FranCisco Vargas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She knows magic Bob.
Hey Mike Meyer, on the group photo which one is he? I'm not sure if I met him or not, but if not Hope he gets well soon! maybe I can send a shot of him from my collection of Mazeppa, let me know...

--------------------
aka:Cisco the "Traveling Millennium Sign Artist"
http://www.franciscovargas.com
Fresno, CA 93703
559 252-0935
"to live life, is to love life, a sign of no life, is a sign of no love"...Cisco 12'98

Posts: 3576 | From: Fresno, Ca, the great USA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike meyer
Visitor
Member # 542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike meyer   Author's Homepage   Email mike meyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Cisco! Duane is on the Far Left kneeling..he's kinda cropped of but he's there, and the Bob PArsons Cartoon is right on!
Thanks for all the heart felt comments, we'll keep you all posted on Duane. Today is Friday the 22nd and he's supposed to be going home soon.
Get Better Duane!!

--------------------
Mike Meyer Sign Painter
189 1st Ave n P.O. Box 3
Mazeppa, Mn 55956

www.mikemeyersigns.com

Carole Bersin
Visitor
Member # 5710

I delivered the card yesterday to Duane and it was much appreciated.

His family thanks everyone for all their thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
Carole Bersin
Carole Bersin Painting
cbersin@visi.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!