Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Dawgee Walks Down the Isle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dawgee Walks Down the Isle
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a big big day for Dawgee a week ago Saturday.
[Big Grin] My little girl was wed to a terrific young man, Yanik Duvoid. This is her last few minutes as Jennifer Wilkie...
 -
It was a great 3 day wedding. They are honeymooning in Hawaii (Molakai)<sp> 'til the end of this week.

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog
http://www.comsign.ca
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the pic! She looks beautiful and look at you all dressed up and spiffy looking!!! [Applause]

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rick Beisiegel
Resident

Member # 3723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Beisiegel   Author's Homepage   Email Rick Beisiegel       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't look like no "dawg" I know, Congrats dad!

[Cool]

--------------------
Rick Beisiegel
Vital Signs & Graphics
Since 1982
(231) 452-6225 / (231) 652-3300
www.vitalsignsandgraphics.com
www.facebook.com/VitalSignsNewaygo

""Good judgment comes from experience; and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" - Will Rogers

Posts: 3485 | From: Beautiful Newaygo, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane Diaz
Resident

Member # 595

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane Diaz   Author's Homepage   Email Jane Diaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! Weddings are such fun! New possibilities and families and friends celebrating together! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jane Diaz
Diaz Sign Art
628 W. Lincoln Ave. Pontiac, Il. 61764
815-844-7024
www.diazsignart.com

Posts: 4102 | From: Pontiac, IL USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Sawatzky
Resident

Member # 88

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Dan Sawatzky   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Sawatzky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You clean up nice Duncan! And them's pretty good walking duds!

Congrats to you and your family!

-grampa dan

--------------------
Dan Sawatzky
Imagination Corporation
Yarrow, British Columbia
dan@imaginationcorporation.com
http://www.imaginationcorporation.com

Being a grampa is one of the the most wonderful things in the world!!!

Posts: 8738 | From: Yarrow, B.C. Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barb. Shortreed

Member # 1730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barb. Shortreed   Email Barb. Shortreed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Jennifer & Yanik [Applause]

Duncan she sure is a beautiful bride [Smile]

--------------------
Barb Shortreed
144 Hill St. E.
Fergus, Ontario

Posts: 2376 | From: Fergus, Ont. | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karen Sartain
Visitor
Member # 241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karen Sartain   Email Karen Sartain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhh...you have a beautiful daughter Signdoggie :)What a special day!! Congratulations to Jennifer & Yanik and may their life be full of love and all good things [Smile]

Karen & Jeff

--------------------
Karen Sartain,'Pisel' on chat
11699 E Hwy 181
Willcox, Arizona 85643

We are not human beings on a spiritual journey.We are spiritual beings on a human journey."-Stephen Covey

Posts: 336 | From: Chiricahua National Monument, Az | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Peter Gariepy
Visitor
Member # 5434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Peter Gariepy   Email Peter Gariepy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!

-

--------------------
Peter Gariepy
Tucson, AZ

Posts: 100 | From: Tucson, AZ | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Allan
Resident

Member # 2247

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Allan   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Allan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats to the happy couple
I'm a little slow this morning & figured if you are the signdog... maybe your son is the "dawgee"
...but seeing it is your daughter I wondered if she knew about this nickname... till I seen you in the aisle! [Roll Eyes]

guess you will be well supplied with great coffee when they get back. (ask for Muleskinner ) [Wink]

--------------------
Doug Allan
http://www.islandsign.com

"you get what you settle for"

Posts: 8981 | From: Kahului, HI, USA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kissymatina
Resident

Member # 2028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kissymatina   Author's Homepage   Email Kissymatina   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You clean up really well for a signpainter. [Wink]

Congrats.

--------------------
Chris Welker
Wildfire Signs
Indiana, Pa

Posts: 4254 | From: Indiana, PA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Murray MacDonald
Visitor
Member # 3558

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Murray MacDonald   Email Murray MacDonald   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lordy, Dawg, you sure ain't the skinny kid I used to know. You look dang near distinguished...and justifiably proud! Congrats to you and Laurie. and best wishes to the bride and groom.And remember, you're not losing a daughter, you're gaining a bedroom!
MUR

--------------------
Murray MacDonald
OldTime Signs
529 Third Ave S
Kenora, ON.
P9N 1Y3
oldtimesigns@gokenora.com

Posts: 781 | From: Kenora, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bruce Bowers
Resident

Member # 892

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bruce Bowers   Email Bruce Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats to the happy couple!

--------------------
Bruce Bowers

DrCAS Custom Lettering and Design
Saint Cloud, Minnesota

"Things work out best for the people who make the best of the way things work out." - Art Linkletter

Posts: 6451 | From: Saint Cloud, Minnesota | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly Thorson
Resident

Member # 2958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly Thorson   Author's Homepage   Email Kelly Thorson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is beautiful Duncan ....
Thanks for sharing - I'm looking forward to pics of Laurie and Scott too [Wink]

--------------------
“Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?”
-Winnie the Pooh & A.A. Milne

Kelly Thorson
Kel-T-Grafix
801 Main St.
Holdfast, SK
S0G 2H0
ktg@sasktel.net

Posts: 5496 | From: Penzance, Saskatchewan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suelynn Sedor
Visitor
Member # 442

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suelynn Sedor   Email Suelynn Sedor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yowzers! Congratulations Duncan, I bet Laurie was simply beaming!!

Suelynn

--------------------
"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot

Suelynn Sedor
Sedor Signs
Carnduff, SK Canada

Posts: 2863 | From: Carnduff, SK Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Wilkie   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan Wilkie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your kind remarks.
Jennifer is one special kid. Jen is a "realtime captioner". She works at the University of Alberta where she captions for hard of hearing and deaf students. She has to study the material for the course she is captioning, then she sits in on the lectures and captions what the profs say so her deaf students can follow in class. It's all done in "realtime", so speed and accuracy are paramount. One time she's doing a 3rd year Engineering course the next an art history course for a Fine Arts course and on and on. She is becoming very well versed in many areas. The ultimate job in this field is live broadcast captioning, ie: News and sports events on T.V. She has captioned many large events on the "big screen"...weddings, grads, conferences etc. Recently Jen captioned live, Queen Elizabeth's dedication speech here at the Royal Museum of Alberta.
Yanik is one special guy too. He was one of Jen's students studying in the Faculty of business. He has been deaf from birth with only a little audible recognition. He graduated high school, attended college becoming a Webmaster, entered University in Business. He is also a first year electrical apprentice, working on traffic control equipment in the field...his bucket truck his bigger than mine...grrr. [Smile]
Just to keep this post on topic here's a pic from 15 or so years ago of Daddy's li'l girl. [Smile]
 -

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog

Posts: 4351 | From: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ellen Day Cutting
Visitor
Member # 5365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ellen Day Cutting   Author's Homepage   Email Ellen Day Cutting       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations to your daughter and new son-in-law.

I would like to add a special "hooray" to your daughter for what she is doing for the deaf...it's so wonderful to have people like her so we (I am deaf) can keep up with what's on tv, news, movies, and special bulletins.

We wish we had more live broadcasting with captioning. I was almost 30 years old before I got to see captioning so was totally amazed with what I learned in my later years! Was sign language part of your daughter's studies?

You can imagine my excitement over this subject [Big Grin]

--------------------
Ellen Day Cutting
GoldRushSigns

Posts: 77 | From: Florissant, CO | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deb Fowler
Resident

Member # 1039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deb Fowler   Email Deb Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Duncan! what a wonderful time this is. Also, I admire what she is doing in her life, as she sounds as though she lives what she dreams. I bet she was so proud of you also... the picture was sparkling with emotion. I remember when my daughter got married too. Those special milestones in your lives cannot be compared to anything. Sounds as though they are going to be very happy.

--------------------
Deb Fowler

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney (1901-1966)

Posts: 5373 | From: Loves Park, Illinois | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

It is very gratifying for her I'm sure, as people come up to her with tears in their eyes when they were able to "hear" their childs grad or wedding or awards ceremony for the first time. Jen's mentor Sandra captioned the church ceremony and the speeches at the reception. I remember being with Jen and Yanik when she captioned a church service for him. It was the first time he had "heard" God's word. It was something to see. Yanik recently received a cochlear implant, so he now has some actual hearing!!! He has been exclusively a lip reader til now. He and Jen did take some sign language classes and they are pretty good. Jen taught me how to "ask for a beer" in sign language. [Rolling On The Floor]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog

Pat Welter
Resident

Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pat Welter   Email Pat Welter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats to you and Laurie and to Jen & Yanik...And you do look pretty good in a tucks...Jen look Beautiful my freind...Heres to happy days ahead....Pat and Ruth

--------------------
Pat Welter
Masterhand Signs and Designs
Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada

Posts: 1304 | From: Unity, Saskatchewan.Canada | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donna in BC
Resident

Member # 130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donna in BC   Author's Homepage   Email Donna in BC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a beautiful bride! Congrats to all of you!

Didja get her a Costco card for a wedding gift? Every woman's dream ya know! [Smile]

--------------------
Donna Williams
Funky Junk Interiors
Yarrow, BC Canada
donna@funkyjunkinteriors.net

~ Check out the newest junk at ~ http://funkyjunkinteriors.net/

Posts: 5630 | From: Yarrow, BC Canada | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonny Franks
Resident

Member # 588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonny Franks   Email Sonny Franks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations to a wonderful family. Dang, where's the kleenex.........

--------------------
www.signcreations.net
Sonny Franks
Lilburn, GA
770-923-9933

Posts: 4115 | From: Lilburn, GA USA | Registered: Feb 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jillbeans
Resident

Member # 1912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jillbeans   Author's Homepage   Email Jillbeans   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And may she always look at her hubby with that much love and anticipation in her eyes! What a nice picture, Duncan.
You're looking mighty dapper yourself!
Love....Jill

Posts: 8834 | From: Butler, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Wilkie
Resident

Member # 132

Sorry Kel,
At this time I only have pics my neighbour took. None with the whole family.
Here's the proud parents.
 -
Donna...Jen already has a Costco Card...too late to save Yanik. [Smile]

--------------------
Duncan Wilkie
aka signdog

Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations y'all!!

[Smile]

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!