Phone: 519-787-2892
Fax: 519-787-2673
Email: barb@letterville.com

Copyright ©1995-2008
The Letterhead Website

The Letterville BullBoard Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile login | search | faq | calendar | im | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Letterville BullBoard » Letterhead/Pinstriper Talk » Men and . . . . spiders . . . . (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Men and . . . . spiders . . . .
Russ McMullin
Resident

Member # 5617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Russ McMullin   Author's Homepage   Email Russ McMullin       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see a few black widows every year. One interesting thing about the black widow is how tough their webs are.

Sheila and Myra, those are some seriously disgusting stories. Maggots, leeches, and ticks creep me out big time.

Thanks Jed for the clarification on the spiders. It looks like most of the ones I'm seeing are hobo spiders. LOL. I've gone this far without any necrotic crater bites so I hope my luck holds out. The fingers are crossed.

--------------------
Russ McMullin
Tooele, UT
www.mcmullincreative.com

My mind wanders. And that's not a good thing, 'cause it's too small to be out there alone.

Posts: 3129 | From: Tooele, UT | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Todd Gill
Resident

Member # 2569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Todd Gill   Email Todd Gill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SSSS...SSSSSSSPPP....SSSSSPPPPPPPIDERS!!!!!!

(said like the girl found in the sailboat in the Jaws 2 movie....."SHHHH....SHHHHHHHH....SHHHHHHAAAAAARK!!!)

I HATE spiders.....scare the sweat out of me.....

--------------------
Todd Gill
Outside The Lines
Potterville, MI

Posts: 7792 | From: Potterville, MI | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
old paint
Visitor
Member # 549

Icon 1 posted      Profile for old paint   Email old paint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOOSIES!!!!!!

--------------------
joe pribish-A SIGN MINT
2811 longleaf Dr.
pensacola, fl 32526
850-637-1519
BEWARE THE TRUTH.....YOU MAY NOT LIKE WHAT YOU FIND

Posts: 11582 | From: pensacola, fl. usa | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Russ, Nope never been biten by a black widow. Just lucky I guess...they are everywhere here.

I've got another spider story for you. I moved into an apartment which was the downstairs floor of an old victorian house way back in the woods north of San Francisco. After a while, I started seeing these BIG spiders. I asked the landlady (a good friend of mine) if she knew anything about them and she said no. I was a little concerned because they were fairly aggressive. If you went near them with a broom or something they would literally jump at the broom.

I managed to trap one in a jar and took it to the local department of agriculture office and they sent it over to University of California at Berkley for identification since no one there could do it.

A few days later I get a phone call. The guy tells me that it's a spider that is indigenous to that area, not very common at all and they don't know much about them. He then asked if I had any kids or small pets. I said, yes I have a kitten - why? He said they didn't have info as to whether or not they were poisonous but they put the spider in a cage with a rat - the spider bit the rat and the rat died.

OKAY!

Needless to say - even though I really liked the place, I moved fairly quickly after that.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobbie Rochow
Resident

Member # 3341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobbie Rochow   Email Bobbie Rochow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boy, them spider pictures are REALLY creepy looking! Those ones are the kind that bug me... & they really aren't even fuzzy. Maybe it is the long slender legs. Actually, they are really beautiful, in an odd way, but frightening all the same.

Hey, do you guys out West have to check your boots before you put them on?

One more thing, I use maggots & mealworms to trout fish, & this is the first year I was about to actually touch one. I usually use the lid to the container to hold them still while I hook them.

--------------------
The Word in Signs
Bobbie Rochow
Jamestown, PA 16134

724-927-6471

thewordinsigns@alltel.net

Posts: 3485 | From: Jamestown, PA 16134 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimberly Zanetti
Visitor
Member # 2546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kimberly Zanetti   Author's Homepage   Email Kimberly Zanetti   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey, do you guys out West have to check your boots before you put them on?
absolutely! I wouldn't think of putting on a shoe, jacket, anything without checking it first.

--------------------
Kimberly Zanetti Purcell
www.amethystProductivity.com
Folsom, CA
email: Kimberly@AmethystProductivity.com

“Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up.” AA Milne

Posts: 3722 | From: Folsom, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hugh Potter
Visitor
Member # 5748

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hugh Potter   Author's Homepage   Email Hugh Potter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol, i dont go fishing much these days, but used to handle maggots, worms and other such thigns every day for years as a youff, i dont see why people worry,

what did make me wonder today tho, was when i was cleaning out the big spong filter that covers the pond pump, i found several large (4" x 1/8th) worms living in the sponge, just like earthworms but still alive ! a large pupae type that wriggled when touched (not dragonfly as pond is too k=new for them) several large caterpillar type grubs about 2" long, poss dragonfly. and hundreds of little wormlike things !!! very odd.

i did once find a spider at my previous employers warehouse, not being woried about them i chased it onto my hand, the damned thing jumped at, and onto my hand and clung on for dear life, i couldnt chake it off when i got to the door, wasn't sure if it was biting me or not but it wasnt very comfortable, i didnt look like a native spider that i was aware of, but i squashed it anyway in the end as it was a little to aggressive for the local wildlife, and my liking !!!

--------------------
Hugh Potter
Drag-On signs,
sussex,
England, UK.
www.dragonsigns.co.uk

Posts: 145 | From: England, UK. | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheila Ferrell
Resident

Member # 3741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheila Ferrell   Email Sheila Ferrell       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you know maggots are used by the medical profession to 'clean' seriously infected flesh wounds!

*SHUDDER*

--------------------
Signs
Sweet Home Alabama

oneshot on chat

"Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man, work like a dog"

Posts: 5758 | From: "Sweet Home" Alabama | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Lavallee
Visitor
Member # 320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Lavallee   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Lavallee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAHAHAHA SUE LYNN...HEHEHEHE LEACHES!!! AHHHHHHH!

--------------------
Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, And Dance like no one's watching. :)
Mike Lavallee
Mike Lavallee's Pinstriping & Airbrush Art
Everett, WA

Posts: 449 | From: Everett, WA | Registered: Dec 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Letterville. A Community Of Letterheads & Pinheads!